Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to Cleveland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 22, 2023.

1. ramjets29

ramjets29 Member

I think everyone needs to look at the big picture here. Is the value of the trade good for us? Not really. But am I willing to sacrifice Moore to secure another high draft pick that leads to a deal with GB? Absolutely. This is a player that let his emotions get the best of him in a very public way - which I'm not fan of. Right or wrong, we were winning and he's complaining on social media. Just not the way to go about your business when you're young and still unproven. And anyone who thinks a player like this would ever change is kidding themselves.

Time will tell but I believe JD needed to secure another 2nd rd pick and wasn't about to trade anyone else to get it. We unfortunately had to give up a 3rd as well but so be it. Big picture!

Plus Moore was NEVER going to be involved in the trade w/ GB after he cursed out their coach's brother. Matt Lafleur wanted no part of this guy.

2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

idk man I seen Moore drop a lot of shit idc who was throwing to him. Kid has some issues mentally and wasn’t all there. Someone showed his drop rate to Hardmans it was like a 25 percent difference. Thankfully that’s someone else problem now he won’t be missed. Wish him luck in Cleveland

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

The stats you quoted is like batting average. The more catches the lower the number goes.

But fine, Hardman is practically Deebo Samual, along with Rondale Moore and Shenault Jr.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Is he elite at YAC or not? It's a yes or no question.

You're starting to become one of those posters that people can't even engage with when they are proven to be wrong. Unfortunate that this board has so many of them now.

EDIT - Will add this for shits and giggles.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  5. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

What does elite mean to you.

I could go 5 for 13 for the Yanks and set the all time MLB batting average record. Would that make me one of the "elite hitters" in the league? Its an obscure stat where guys with fewer catches have a much higher number than the real elite players.

6. dawinner127

You actually can't though. You need 502 ABs to even be eligible for the batting record so your comparison isn't even good. Just admit you are wrong and move on. Own it.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I don’t understand why they were using Moore on the sideline to run deep comebacks and fade-jump balls. The dude was made to eat in the slot. He also did a lot of damage running deep up the seam/slot posts at Ole Miss against two high safeties.

Instead we tried to use him like T.O.

papapump, blackssmagic and ouchy like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'm wrong.

Hardman is an elite after the catch talent. And we got him for half the price of Lazard. JD playing dem fools.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think that’s a busted stat when you consider he had the best tightend ever clearing the middle and the leagues best deep threat running safeties down the field.

Yeah, his YAC looks good and all but when all you’re doing is running bubble screens against off-man free, you’re gonna catch a lot of balls behind the LOS and run 11 yards mixed in with the occasional bombs he caught.

The other three guys on the list prove he was kinda your typical bubble screen queen that’s a dime a dozen. To call it an elite skill when he’s in the same ranks as Laviska Shenault and Rondale Moore is kind of silly.

blackssmagic likes this.
  10. dawinner127

Idk man. He looks pretty good after the catch here...

Acad23 and NY Jets68 like this.
  11. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I'm not crazy about the value as I think Moore is talented and still cheap.

He must've rubbed the coaches or FO the wrong way to be shipped for that return.

blackssmagic likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Its a busted stats because he's only had 151 catches in 4 years. Elite WRs will have 350-400 catches in 4 years, thus a much lower overall average.

blackssmagic likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

It does my friend ..And you do realize that beside all the deserved or imo undeserved kudos for JD and the HC , the Rogers Trade guarantees JD and prob Robert Saleh WONT be fired

Call me absurd..but the only thing that beats the present scenario was to have unlucky Woody somehow manage to hire Sean Payton ..giving us an All Star HC to build a dynasty here in Jetland not just "feed the fans the one shot one hit wonder" of a modern day SB with the AR Rental

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I didn’t say elite. I said he’s an elite YAC guy, which is accurate. Only Deebo is better.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Chase isn't a better YAC guy than him? How about Tyrek Hill, or Cooper Kupp?

16. NYJetsO12

Truth be Told..JD is saving his job and his career...and yes he is climbing out of mediocrity. Robert Saleh has to master Coaching for Dummies fast now or he will be replaced by Coach Player Diva Rogers and OC Hackett coup de tat (you heard it first here ..hahah)

And dont forget the Offensive Line JD promised to build is not yet a reality and thats on him if your HOF QB is running for his life like Wilson and Flacco lol

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH were are watching the slow unraveling of our roster for a 1 year shot in the dark with a roster that's at best middle of the pack. We went in too soon, or too late considering all the resources we used to build a 7-10 team.

Every day it gets a little worse and our future beyond 2023 gets a little more bleak.

blackssmagic and NYJetsO12 like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Look at the literal numbers

19. NYJetsO12

Sigh...you could be right Ouchy

Well ...go figure how optimistic I am feeling . Me The Dark Dark darksider..it makes no sense but this window of opportunity is open ! Even if it is just a crack heh

If this is our last shot at glory..maybe just maybe we get an AFC Championship or SB

Its Boom or Bust

ouchy likes this.
  20. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

His request for trade could have been handled better. Dont you think?