Jets trade WR Elijah Moore to Cleveland

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Mar 22, 2023.

1. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Agree completely. That's my take above

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We used Moore to trade up from 74 to 42. If this happened on draft day half the fanbase would've melted down. I get Moore likely wouldn't have resigned with us but IMO he is worth more than a mid round trade up. Especially with 3 years (corrected 2 years) left on his rookie contract.

This is part of sacrificing for Rodgers.

#82 ouchy, Mar 22, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2023
  3. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

I feel like that when people can't handle other people opinions. Like it shouldn't surprise me but it still does. lol One had Mahomes throwing him passes & he couldn't really stand out. The other had Wilson!

Ralebird and papapump like this.
  4. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah that’s effectively what happened, but it’s way better than giving up a first round pick for Rodgers (which I get JD was likely never going to do)…so yeah this is the cost of Rodgers.

And honestly, while many of us kept thinking Moore had all this potential, in fact he hasn’t really lived up to it in two years…yes part of that is due to the QB situation but GW played with the same QB situation and he shined…until Moore proves otherwise, he’s a kid with potential and an attitude problem. Not saying he won’t develop, but let’s not act like he was even half the player GW was….he was a pretty steep drop off from Davis and GW…

Nyjets4eva and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Kid quit on the team when we were on a winning streak.

Got benched and demanded a trade.

He was gone and now he's in the wind.

Nyjets4eva, KWJetsFan and dawinner127 like this.
  6. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

Two years left. He was a second round pick.

azhar80, Nyjets4eva and ouchy like this.
  7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We used Moore like idiots. He is a killer in the slot but we continually lined him up outside and had him run sideline routes. One year with Rodgers and Moore's value would have skyrocketed.

Hardman costs 4 times his as much as Moore and produces the same. And that's with Mahomes. Bad trade value, bad upgrade value.

8. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

I would be feel better about this trade I’d we didn’t have to do give a 3rd

9. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I was just going to post the same thing…had we just picked up a 2nd and recouped that pick, I’d be totally fine with it…having to give up a 3 as well is not ideal…not a fleece by any means, but again, I think we’ve been overrating Moore since the beginning so I’m not going to pull my hair out on this one…yes he’s got potential but he hasn’t really shined yet and he’s an attitude problem on top of it…not a GREAT deal but not a disaster either…he’s a nice player who may develop into a better player than he’s shown to date…wouldn’t shock me, but he hasn’t exactly lit it up either.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  10. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

you’re viewing this way too black and white. You’re looking at raw stats and contract figures without providing any context. Hardman provides elite talent in one of the most important areas of the office we are going to run: YAC. Even without the ball in his hands he’s a burner that is a legitimate downfield threat anytime he’s on the field. With those two things together and you have a very confused defense. Sure they both play in the slot but they are two completely different players.

Then tack on the fact that there are very legitimate character concerns with one of them that you aren’t getting with his replacement. It’s an upgrade. If you want to argue the value on the trade, that’s valid but in terms of swapping one out for the other, is an upgrade.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would too, but if it's the "stepping stone" that leads to getting Rodgers, it becomes a much better trade.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Hardman is elite? You're on a trade day buzz.

blackssmagic likes this.
  13. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

The truth will out one way or the other. At least we aint getting AT one another.

14. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

thats punk-ass thru and thru

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  15. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I like this trade. I'd like to think Moore would improve with Rodgers throwing him the ball, but the fact that he requested a trade while the team was actually winning last season, showed my exactly who he is as a player. Good riddance. As some have mentioned already, having another second round pick can finally be the last piece to get this trade done with the Packers.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  16. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Is it tho? They could have just kept moore and gave their 2nd and kept their 3rd. I think they traded up to get moore as well back in 2021

17. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

What are you insane. If we didn’t have to give up a 3rd? So we’d be getting a second rounder for a player who was sent home who had a awful season who had an attitude problem? I mean I’d like the deal better if we got a first rounder but on it lamet earth that isn’t happening.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

We didn't, but he was pick 34.

We traded up to get Breece last year.

19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

According to draft value, we net 250 points (480-230) for him which is equivalent to pick 68. So ya, agree with you that he was worth more.

For clarity, since he was picked in the 2nd round, he only has 2 years left.

Nyjets4eva and ouchy like this.
  20. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Read what he wrote. He was correct.

KY Jets Fan, Ralebird, Acad23 and 4 others like this.