Jets land Allen Lazard (4 years, $44mil, $22mil guaranteed)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BleedJetsGreen1981, Mar 14, 2023.

1. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He has nice hands.

3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

watched this earlier and walked away more impressed w Arod placement. Some of those throws we haven’t seen from a Jet QB in yearsssss

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Truth. I can't wait to see superior QB play from our QB. I can't even remember the last time that happened. It blows my mind that people can't get excited for that.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

6. BroadwayAaron

All of this Hackett love from Rodgers and Lazard must be annihilating a few certain folks on this here website

7. BroadwayAaron

8. BroadwayAaron

Nice deal. Love the way it was structured for this year. The numbers from next year on are a little bit high but we can get out of that after two years and when you look at what the rest of the receivers in the league are making it’s not all that far off from where he should be

9. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Just call me dingbat but I'm just starting to understand the importance of the Lazard signing. After examining this closer I see everything as positive:

1) Jets needed height and Alan Lazard gives you that. Do we even have anyone 6'5"?

2) Alan Lazard is said to be the best blocking WR in the game and considering how important our run game will be with Hall coming back, I think this is huge. Denzel Mims is a really good blocker as well. I think our run game will be quite formidable.

3) Alan Lazard is durable and you can't possibly say that about Corey Davis. Davis has missed 12 games over the last 2 seasons.

4) Alan Lazard IS Corey Davis but at a much more affordable price.

5) Alan Lazard has a working relationship with Aaron Rodgers and Nate Hackett. This means that hopefully Lazard just hits the ground running. No adjustment period.

6) I think Lazards drop rate is quite concerning? He drops a lot of passes but hopefully that's just a product of him coming in as an UDFA and learning his role.

BradysTornACL, NOVAJET and abyzmul like this.