Odell Beckham Jr. - Signs with Ravens

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Brook!, Mar 18, 2023.

?

Should Jets sign OBJ?

1. Yes

28.2%
  2. No

66.0%
  3. Undecided

5.8%
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Depends on the variables. Does the money make sense and Is his knee good? I'd probably pass because I don't think he will be the same after the injuries he's endured. I'm not a doctor though.

James Robinson clearly wasn't the same with that knee and we traded for him. Wasted trade that nobody talks about. So, I'm not sure I even trust the NYJ doctors to get that assessment right.

2. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Reminds of that time most of the board voted they didn’t want Rodgers .

3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

4. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

OBJ is a talented WR that is not up for debate. I see a lot of knocks on his health, but I don't really see that being a major issue. If there's any position we can afford some risk at health it's WR (not OL for example). For his talent alone (considering nothing else) I would go up to $10million per year. I think he'd do this.

Now comes the other part. I absolutely hate his character. His behavior and attitude is toxic and has the ability to ruin the minds of our young foundational pieces. He is going to rub off on our players, make them more ego, become friends with them. It's not just that he's a diva, he's way beyond Santonio Holmes. OBJ is an asshat and on his way to becoming the next Antonio Brown. I don't want him here. We don't need him. Rodgers said he'd "like" him so it's not a demand. Would rather roll the dice on Thielen or DJ Chark.

People are sleeping on Thielen man. I keep hearing the "he lost a step argument" and it just sounds like one person picked that up and made it viral. The guy is 2 years removed from nearly 1000 yards and 14 TDs. He's had 700+ yards the last two years. 1 year removed from 10 TDs and this past year had 6 TDs. For context Garrett had 4 TDs. Kirk Cousins is not the best QB, you can easily make the case he has been held back by Kirk's decline and inconsistency. Definitely worth taking a chance on imo.

5. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

I dislike Rodgers ego but yes there's absolutely a difference. OBJ is reaching Antonio Brown levels of human excrement.

6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I can’t attest to OBJs levels bc I’ve never met him. His teammates love him according to all reports from teammates but I’m sure you know better.

Why rely first hand accounts when you can trust your gut

westiedog1 likes this.
  7. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I would honestly prefer Adam Thielen especially if we are going to keep Elijah Moore but it would be pretty hard to say no to a one-year incentive-laden deal with Beckham. The issue is it doesn’t seem like he has any interest in proving himself. He thinks he’s already proven himself and wants to ignore his two ACL injuries and his off field antics.

I do think we end up with one of the two though. No coincidence that neither of them have signed anywhere while we are still waiting for the Aaron Rodgers situation to resolve. Dallas probably saw an opportunity and said thanks but we are going to move on. If nothing else maybe that humbled him a little bit.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

No he is not.

9. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Obj is a star off the field. He has a global fanbase and is a big-time celebrity. He brings more visibility to the franchise. He’s was all over the Rams signs posters in LA everywhere just being a roll player.

Of course he has to price that in. They sell more jerseys.

if Berrios can get what he got, Odell is surely worth that for our franchise.

You just hope he doesn’t get injured…

westiedog1 likes this.
  10. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

That's a negative Rafterman..
    Do you want your young stars learning from OBJ???
    I had enough ME to last a lifetime during the Darrelle Revis years.

ColoradoContrails and abyzmul like this.
  11. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

This is what we want on our team?

12. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Amazing people are comparing Rodgers or Revis to that feral behavior. Absolutely no evidence to support that

stinkyB likes this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

Antonio Brown levels of shit is hyperbole but this guy has some very clear issues and those don’t just magically go away once you get millions of dollars. In fact they get worse. Do I think he would be a gigantic distraction and a bad influence in a locker room that has Aaron Rodgers Plus a very solid head coach and general manager? No. But I think it’s a little naïve to rule out the possibility that he could be an unmitigated disaster.

14. BroadwayAaron

I wasn’t even going to reply to that post because it was so ridiculous but I will just say I’m glad you did.

DetroitRed likes this.
  15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

I put "no" however if he came in at a decent price, say $10 - 12 mill, I'd change to a YES quickly. From what I hear and read, he is looking for $20+ per...no way I do that.

NOVAJET likes this.
  16. mezzavo

I like Thielen...I'd do that over an OBJ signing all day long. My guess is his production waned with the emergence of Jefferson. He got the lion's share of the touches and that obviously impacted Thielen. I'd give a thumbs up on this one all day long.

You're right, I'd COMPLETELY gone to sleep on Adam Thielen... My guess is he isn't "on the street" long.

17. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

mezzavo likes this.
  18. mezzavo

ouchy likes this.
  19. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

abyzmul likes this.
  20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi DR

You have a very valid point my friend. If you despise a person, you have every right not to want him on your team. In the end, Jets are sacred for us. I just see it differently. I don't think he is malcontent like A.Brown and his teammates always spoke highly of him. But he is a Diva just like some other athletes that includes Aaron Rodgers as well. But I respect your opinion.