Where do you think Mahomes and Reid are careers are heading in Kansas City?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by SOXXX2, Feb 13, 2023.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Obviously its a difficult question to answer, so its more or less speculation. 2 Super Bowls in 5 years together. A lot changed last night. Getting the second one

How many do you think they can win total? 3? 4? more? (Assuming Reid stays long term and doesn't retire). AFC definitely going to be tough in the coming years but they are starting to become dominate the same way Brady and Belichick were.

Its so hard to win in the NFL but they seem to make it look a lot easier.

2. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I are think they are headed to probably 1 more championship together before they have are bad season are Andy Reid retires.

3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Difficult to answer? Hell, it's difficult to understand.

ukjetsfan likes this.
  4. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I keep seeing that discussed.

That would be quite the decision to walk away from such a good team but I guess Reids accomplished everything he could have ever wanted.

5. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Both are Canton bound. Probably can win at least one more. I don't know if they will have a Pats like dynasty as that will be hard to do. The AFC is loaded with good teams and good QB's. Right now, Mahomes is the best QB in the league. Reid is one of the best coaches in the league.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  6. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Mahomes is great but Andy's drafting has been insanely good. The guy covering Brown in the SB was pick 135, and Pacheco was pick 251 in last years draft. The year before they rebuilt up front by getting Trey Smith with pick 226, Noah Grey at 162, and Creed Humphrey at 63.

As long as Reid keeps finding low round draft gold they will be contending.

Lon Chaney and KingRoach like this.
  7. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

They could always start cheating.

Lon Chaney and GREG like this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

They will be in contention for the Lombardi Trophy as long as 15 stays healthy. I have no doubt Reid will find someone to replace Kelce when the time comes. He'll be 34 come October.

9. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Slightly OT but how bad must Bienemy be at HC interviews? Does he fling his own shit at the recruiter?

He’s finally got a sideways-slightly diagonal role change in Washington after several years controlling one of the most high-powered offenses in the NFL.

10. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Could also be his arrest record, old stuff but it might be a factor
    • February 1998: According to the South Florida Sun-Sentinel, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy and teammate Kanavis McGhee after a bar fight. Bieniemy was charged with disorderly conduct and fighting in public, but he pleaded no contest. He and McGhee received deferred sentences and performed court-mandated community service.
    • July 4, 1990: According to the Orlando Sentinel, Bienemy pleaded no contest after allegedly shoving a firefighter. The University of Colorado Boulder suspended Bieniemy for one game in the upcoming season.
    • September 1993: Colorado police arrested Bieniemy, then in the NFL. The Orlando Sentinel reports that Bieniemy allegedly grabbed a female parking attendant by the neck and threatened her. The University of Colorado Boulder banned Bieniemy from its campus for one year as a result.
    • April 2001: According to the Daily Bruin, Colorado police arrested Bieniemy on a DUI charge, three months after he joined the football staff as a running back coach. He previously had his driver’s license suspended after numerous violations.
    • Bieniemy was also linked to allegations that Colorado’s football program “used alcohol and sex to lure recruits.” ESPN reported in 2004 that the university discovered there was evidence of drugs and alcohol being used to “entice recruits,” but no university officials were guilty of misconduct.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

KC is going to be very good as long as Mahomes and Reid are paired. If Reid leaves for any reason KC is suddenly going to find themselves with an unwieldy cap situation and they are likely to regress some in that situation.

Reid knows exactly how to get the most out of Mahomes and he knows what the other necessary ingredients are. The Chiefs would have to get very lucky to replace that.

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Depends on how many cheeseburgers Andy throws down...

CotcheryFan and Br4d like this.
  13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I think this is it. The NFL is pretty consistent about only looking the other way when they know the guy in question has elite talent. And you can't know that about Bieniemy as long as he's with Reid and Mahomes. That's why he's going to Washington; if he turns their offense around, then teams will be willing to hire him despite his record.

14. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Reid isn’t the GM, it’s Brett Veach and was John Dorsey before him.
    I believe it was Dorsey who drafted Mahomes, and Veach started after but I could be off on the year.

ouchy likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There has to be more to this though. He got a DUI and slapped some people around in late night bar action?

I don’t buy that being enough to not take a chance on him. I wonder if he has some deeper connection to Bill McCartney and would run a really Christian program ala the disaster created in Houston? Maybe not. He did win a national championship with him.

Could be that those incidents are way worse than advertised in a bullet point and it was covered up. But by that token, you’d think he just wants to hide in the shadows as an OC. Weird situation.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

They should have done whatever it took to keep Kafka on that staff. Supposedly Nagy is the guy that is going to replace Reid when he steps away? That guy sucked with Chicago.

17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

Hall of fame

18. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I see Reid coaching another five years or so, and the Chiefs winning one more Super Bowl, and losing one in the process. That is if Mahomes is healthy for those years.

19. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Reid is gonna coach until he dies. He lives for football.

20. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Every time I see him on the sidelines I flashback to the SNL skit where Ditka is doing CPR on himself by banging on his chest with his fist.