17a New Stadium Tour - PSL's, NEW STADIUM STUFF GO HERE

Discussion in 'Jets Experience' started by 17a_tailgater, Feb 8, 2009.

1. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Awesome on the fools part. Look at it this way. Shared venue, right? Exclusive rights to concerts if you have a PSL! Even if you don't, you should invite some Giants fans friends and share ass cheeks in the same seats for the same event for laughs. What a bunch of buffoons.

2. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Any old timers around? I forgot about this site it’s been so long since I viewed. I don’t recognize most of the names. 10 years of losing again for lots of my friends has really changed things. Lots of my friends don’t follow this team like they used to in the off season and just wait till the season starts and don’t buy any of the hype on the QB and HC. I am sucker I guess. I have not changed except I don’t let the losses drag me down. I just stop reading and listening until the next game.

joe and Royal Tee like this.
  3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Dude! You and I have been on this thread for years. Every now and then I check to see how long it's been since the last post to give it a bump. I see your dismay in July, but how you feeling now? I went only once this year - an all-time low for me. It was the opener. I got rained on, the Jets were dominated, and I had screaming Ravens bitches sitting near us. Oh Joy. What a wonderful way to drop $300 plus. But, maybe things are changing for the better...

OK, back to the topic at hand. Sunday the NFL plays its first game in Munich Germany! While we all watch the commercials and promos to build excitement for this game, you'll surely see images of the wonderful Allianz Arena. It's the stadium that can glow different colors and patterns, to change it's appearance depending on the team playing there. I believe the stadium is shared by two teams (Sound familiar?) When MetLife was proposed, it was Allianz Arena - new at the time, that was given to us as an example of how high tech lighting would alter the appearance of our new stadium. We would be getting something like this.

LOL. MetLife compared to Allianz looks like the two strands of Christmas lights one house on your block puts up the week before Christmas and looks like hell compared to others.

Brook! likes this.
  4. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

another year down in the mausoleum. which only means another year closer to being able to get out of the lease in 2025, but they have to give 12 months notice. so its not too far off from the time that they can actually give us something to look forward to.. stupid stadium, absolutely ruined the game day experience.

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its not CitiField by any stretch. I keep hearing rumors about an attempt at a Queens, NY location but I just don't see how that would work given the land acquisition and labor costs. New York City is just too expensive to build a mega project like a new football stadium. Especially one that is "state of the art" like Vegas or LA. Anything lesser or even remotely as bland as MetLife and they might as well not waste their time or money.

6. DSL97

DSL97 Member

The rumors were due to a Queens? Representative trying to pitch the idea of taking the NYCFC (MLS Soccer stadium being built next to CitiField) Project and expanding on it to allow for the possibility of a NY Football team moving there.

7. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

If you've ever visited the facilities in Florham Park NJ you'll realize they're not leaving that beautiful set-up. Can they stay and train there and also play their games over in Queens? I guess it's possible, but it is not very likely, in my opinion.

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone that thinks we’re leaving NJ is wasting their time. Like Lodge said Florham is beautiful and a great place for families to live. Queens is a dump to live and Long Island is ridiculous traffic. We got Rodgers so Met Life looks nice. Just win baby

9. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Bills game isn’t sold out yet. It’s because our fan base for home games has shrunk so much due to this shit stadium and all the losing we can’t fill it. Now I expect it to be sold out by game day but still it’s pathetic. And I laugh when these newbies tell me the place is gonna rock and it’s not even sold out. They don’t know what rocking is like the 80s in Shea and early Giants stadium when Long Island people had seasons. It’s never going back to the old days.

Brook! and Ralebird like this.
  10. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Oh, F Woody even with the new uniforms. Douche fucked me with new place

11. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Well said.

Jets pricing of the games is also stupid. Nosebleeds are $185 plus fees. Sideline upper deck $275 plus fees. I can't blame Jets fans either with these prices. A family of 4 has to spend $1000 for 1 game including parking and food etc. Not many families have that much power.

Jets are forcing die hard families out of the stadium if you ask me.

12. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Bills game is also a monday night. Figure a hour to get out. Gwb lower level closed. Home in Westchester by 1:30. I can see why it's not sold out

Brook! likes this.
  13. snoballz

snoballz Member

Been awhile since I came through this site particularly this thread. So much has happened in the past few years. Just received the STH "package" today. Parking passes, yearbook, schedule magnet, and some promo crap. Like I said, so much has happened the past few years, I don't remember when the last time STH ever got a "gift". I do have a cap (with section), BBQ tools, clear plastic tote bag, blanket... don't recall what else or the last one. Like many, had ST at Giants Stadium and then PSL at MetLife. Every year for the last six years or so, I think, ok, this is the year I'm going to abandon the PSL but here I am. :(

Brook! likes this.
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

We really need more Season Ticket holders on this site. Will it be too much if I ask you to join the conversation on Jets main forum to talk Jets football? :)

Thanks again for dropping by :)