What's your idea of "FAIR" compensation for Rodgers?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by soh_vet, Mar 15, 2023.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

If aaron was 25 he'd be worth 2-3 1sts and some late picks.

2. GasedAndConfused

aaron could also retire if they did that and they would eat the whole bonus and an extra 9 mil cap hit and get 0 in return. if he tells them it's jets or retire he has them by the balls

Leicester Jet and Lon Chaney like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Didn't Brady retire then un-retire?

4. GasedAndConfused

not quite. he said he was going to retire then didn't. as far as i know he never actually officially retired which requires paperwork.
    he filed retirement paperwork this year in feb

egelband and Cman68 like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

OMG! You've really allowed your frustration to fog your mind my friend. Tanny was okay, but nothing special and he relied on Mangini to tell him who to draft. Douglas hasn't been perfect but he's the best we've had since at least Parcells. JD has improved every year he's been here, and we can expect that to continue. Getting rid of him would be "Throwing the baby out with the bath water".

egelband and BleedJetsGreen1981 like this.
  6. Cman68

The Mangini/Tannenbaum team was up until today, the best HC/GM we've ever had. Douglas/Saleh was off to a shaky start but there's always room for growth. This Rodgers drama should serve as quite the lesson for both of them.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  7. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

blah blah blah

not my money
    not my monkeys

dgaf

KingRoach likes this.
  8. Johnnypump

Johnnypump Member

Very interesting off-season so far. The Rodgers drama continues. It’s funny for so many years the Jets were the punchline throughout the league. We are still the longest team time wise without a playoff appearance. So finally the Jets get together with the Packers to iron out this Rodgers mess. At the same time we have rinse off free agents leaving our team and going to other teams in the division. Our offensive line is atrocious and we are not putting any resources into making it better. JD preaches you build a team from the trenches out. D-Line we lost bother Shepard and Rankins only to retain Thomas on a 1 year deal. No improvements. The offensive line we lost Feeney and Herbig. 2 interior lineman. No replacements. We are losing our depth and our only competent starter is AVT on the interior. We also lost McGovern to Free Agency. This team better start waking up or we will continue to be the joke of the league going forward. This team is a disaster. Same mistakes year in and year out. Drafted some play makers last year but it’s not enough. Go out and get them the help they need . So tired of this teams BS year after year.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  9. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Both sides will end up giving a bit so I expect the Jets to give them a 2 this year and a 1 next year and possibly a conditional pick contingent on Jets making the Super Bowl.

egelband likes this.
  10. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Becton and AVT are back. They resigned Brown and restructured Tomlinson and are banking on him having a bounce back year and the 1st pick will be on the OLine too. They should be ok barring injuries.

11. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd be okay with a 2 this year and a conditional 1 in 2025 if he plays next year and stays healthy.

egelband likes this.
  12. Mr. Papagiorgio

13. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

14. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

Peter King suggested something similar. I'd say a 2 this year, a 2 in 2025 if Rogers plays next year which escalates to a 1 if the Jets get to the Super Bowl.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

16. GasedAndConfused

that was one of the dumbest reads i've heard in forever. they think having rogers as a backup for the season instead of getting a 2nd rounder is better? it's the literal "cut off my nose to spite my face" argument.
    The best trades happen when both teams understand their leverage and are looking for a deal that works for both sides. this reeks of a GM who has no clue, so I looked him up and he's never made any sort of high profile trades , very few trades overall in his 5 years and most were late round picks for low tier players

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

This is what happens, when you put all your eggs in one basket, Packers know the board is empty now, no decent QBs left, now they want a kings ransom, poorly played by Douglas and company

JETFUEL1580 and Cman68 like this.
  18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The Packers are trying to save face.

If we give In, If we give up even a 1st round pick, I'm pissed.

Let him stay there, call their bluff.

They really don't have leverage here. They just don't.

19. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Not really. It doesn't change The Packers situation. They don't want Rodgers, and Rodgers doesn't want to be there. It's common sense here. They should be happy to get SOMETHING for him at this point. Nobody Is banging on their door wanting him, let alone wanting him and willing to give up massive compensation for a 39 year old QB.

It's just silly The Packers don't understand their situation In all this.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Woody's trip to see Rodgers was ill timed and gave all the leverage to Rodgers. Again, Woody was out of his depth just like when he was dealing with Manhattan Pols for the WSS. Once the trade is ok'd, guess who's gonna be running things at Florham Pk. Hint: His name is not Saleh or Douglas.

Jets69 likes this.