Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

BS. Deal is done.

Trust Wingo.

2. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I don't see something less than "a 1st and more" as a BS package. Why should a 39 year-old QB coming off a down year by his standards who might only play one more year fetch that much in a trade? The Packers want to move on, he's ready to move on... Just seems they're really playing hardball.
    I don't see why the Favre trade isn't a perfect blueprint for this one. I'd even do a 2nd and Corey Davis.

Borat likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Put yourself in GB's shoes. They gave Rodgers a monster contract to pretty much retire a Packer. He's been the face of the franchise for a long long time. Why do you think GB would just gift their Premier QB to the Jets for anything other than a max package? He's old, but he's still the last active GOAT in the league. The price will at some point be agreed upon but don't look for it to be cheap cause it won't be.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

To weigh in on giving Rodgers the Nameth number. My question is - why?

Is having the same jersey number that important to him, to his ego? Is HIS legacy worth more then OURS? Nameth is the most legendary player in our history.

Rodgers is coming here because he has nowhere else to go and we're the only way he gets paid. Also, contrary to the topic's title, Rodgers has never said he, "wants to play for the Jets." He said, "my intention is the play for the New York Jets".

This guy has never played a down for us, or even looked at us sideways. Now he's coming for a year and we knight him with Namath's retired number. Call me old fashioned but what has Aaron Rodgers done for us to strip off our legacy and hand it to him? Cure cancer, house the NY homeless? Nope, just mentioned he intends to play here a year? When it comes to franchise dignity this is a very bad look. Desperation has turned us into cheap whores. The Giants have 3X the retired numbers as we do. Do you think they'd unretire LTs number to sign Micah Parsons?

I realize legacy isn't as important to the NFL anymore. Stadiums named after great football men get renamed corporate slogans, and the like. But mark my words, there may well come a time in the next year when Rodgers wearing Namaths jersey will feel insulting. And that will become part of our legacy.

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Exactly! There is a blueprint already. Conditional 4th rounder, which can become 1 if we go to SB. And Favre wasn't grossly overpaid for two next years, like Arod. On top of it we can through a pick this year, but definitely not 1st. If GB wants more than that, I don't see a choice but to wait them out. We already lost on bunch of key FAs we went after and ARod is campaigning for us anyway, so JD should be able to wait until the draft.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You make a strong argument.

Even cheap whores need to maintain a shred of dignity... ;)

ouchy likes this.
  7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Don't quote Dov, he isn't credible or anyone. He just aggregates twitter gossip. He also is trying to spin Florio's update.

This is actually what Florio, a clown said...

abyzmul likes this.
  8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

"Intends" means to Jets fans, is he's already been playing for us for decades, the comments about this , is why most label Jets fans delusional.

Essentially the Packers have this organization by the balls, they're so desperate for anything, and he's under contract for the Packers, regardless of if he plays or not.
    I just hope we don't get raped for a 1 year rental, but it's the Jets, so it's almost a guarantee

Ralebird and Cman68 like this.
  9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Ya trust the media, they've been spot on, since this all started :(

10. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Wingo has been spot on with everything.

11. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

They've basically said they want to move on from though. Rodgers has essentially been told this. If he was forcing his way out of there, I could see where GB is coming from, but they're pushing him out

12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They're not gonna give Rodgers to the Jets. No way that happens. They're gonna ask for value and will stretch this out as long as it takes. This will not be completed in a few days or even perhaps a few weeks.

13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Rodgers got himself pushed out. Even after getting a huge contract Rodgers refused to confirm if he'd return in 2023, which forced GB to move forward with someone who would commit. He did the same thing last season and the Pack relented with a huge contract. Their done with relenting to his BS. It doesn't fly when you stop winning games. Rodgers creates the drama, and then claims to be the victim of the drama. Get used to it, because were its next stop.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Time to look from both sides and come to grips with the fact that the move will not come as cheap as some seem to believe. The approach that "we are taking AR off their hands and doing you a big favor so it should be cheap" is a bit of a joke. You are still getting a one year removed two year MVP at the top of his game. There has to be a better middle ground. The impasse I'm guessing is the first round pick this year. That is a firm no from JD and rightfully so. If we can reduce that expectation for 2023 and offer a first or second in 2024 or 2025 conditional on AR staying the deal will be done. This might be dragging on a bit longer than we expected,

SOJAZ and Cman68 like this.
  15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Florio made his name with bullshit hidden behind "unnamed sources" but in this case he doesn't even say that.

The media are terrible.

16. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

This was always the case. It was never going to be anything other than this.

17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Except that now it appears more and more than GB is reneging on the original proposal agreement as a reasonable moving forward plan, and now digging their heals wanting more, which is not negotiating in good faith. I can smell GB doing that.

#997 LAJet, Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
    SOJAZ, JetFanInPA and KWJetsFan like this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Some of this delay may be personal. Looking back 3 offseasons ago:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...to-packers-unless-gm-brian-gutekunst-is-fired

Remember it was reported as of yesterday Rodgers hadn't informed Gutenkunst of his choice. And Rodgers went into his feelings about drafting Love in great detail yesterday. There is clearly a personal war happening right now between Rodgers and the GM, which is giving Gutenkunst extra resolve.

He could have traded Rodgers last year for a bounty, and instead gave him a huge contract. This may drag on for a long time...

#998 ouchy, Mar 16, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  19. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This was my initial question. I thought the stipulations on the terms were agreed upon. I feel like Green Bay had to have reneged, correct? Of course I could be totally wrong. This whole thing is so strange.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

It does not matter what these guys say, including Wingo. The point is that it's been a week and no deal. There is a discrepancy in what GB wants and JD is willing to give, which is pretty major. When it will be resolved is anyone's guess, and mine is that it might drag on, but likely will be resolved by the draft.

Jets79 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.