Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Perhaps you are an oldtimer like me. For all the praise for joe, i gotta disagree. You putting him above,way above, johnny u?

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This has me all choked up, we should all feel this way!

3. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Thanks for this. Man, today was a great day in Jets land for me until I had to read Namath called a “fucking drunk” not once but several times. What the hell? Today of all days. Yeah, count me as a Namath guy, and I get how he’s often called over rated by those who weren’t around, and of course I know about his struggles with alcohol. One reason I know about is, he’s confronted it, beaten it and freely talks about it. Maybe it’s my own age, but he’s a better dude now than he ever was. Humble, respectful, gracious, and clean living for the last 15 years or so. We’re lucky to still have him around in good health and good spirits so he can enjoy this run we all hope to be on after today. Namath has even given permission for Aaron to wear his retired number. Who does that? “A fucking drunk” does not.

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

It’s fucking vile especially coming from someone that mocked someone else’s addiction problems on this forum but also clutches his pearls when you bring up ayahuasca being a drug. Namath had a problem. Well established. He clearly is on the other side of it and if you or anyone you know has gotten to that point, you know how big a fucking deal that is. Gross, gross behavior.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

And he offered his retired number to Aaron Rodgers.

p.s. I think @bicketybam is entitled to his opinion... even if I don't agree with it at all.

mrjet80 likes this.
  6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

There are football reasons to criticize Namath. Repeatedly calling a recovering alcoholic ”a fucking drunk” just makes you an asshole.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Because no one at all has supported that claim with facts!

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The only football reason to criticize Joe Namath is that he played for a bad team for the latter half of his career. He was positive through most of it and he was a good leader through most of it but really the team wasn't very good after 1972 and Namath missed a lot of time before that with injuries when the Jets still had a good roster.

I unfortunately didn't get to see him play when he was younger and healthier but when I go back and read the newspaper stories from those days it's pretty clear that Namath was a Marino-level talent who was clearly the best offensive talent in the game in his prime. Because of the way the AFL worked in those days he probably threw more passes than he should have and he definitely threw more passes when the defense knew what was coming. The Raiders, the Chargers and the Oilers did the same and everybody else went 4 yards and a cloud of dust.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  9. Ralebird

Probably the biggest day ever for the Pat McAfee Show; you'd think he should have been able to find a shirt to wear.

blackssmagic and LAJet like this.
  10. Ralebird

Zach who?

11. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I like both of these guys: Davis and Lazard. If I had to pick one, I'd probably go with Lazard. Bigger, a little younger, more production recently, has been much healthier last two years, bigger red zone threat with more TDs recently, knows Hack's system, Arod likes him. Arrow seems to be pointing up for him, while Davis was a disappointment for the Jets last two years, all things considered. I would agree it is not a significant upgrade, but likely an upgrade.

If we release Davis and Lazard is his replacement, it's a small upgrade, but nothing to get super excited about. However, last I checked we haven't released Davis. We released Berrios, and Lazard is a major upgrade over him. That's where we are right now: Lazard is a major upgrade over Berrios, and we still have Davis on the team. Our WR room got a lot better.

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

⬆ ⬆ ⬆ ⬆ ⬆
    I'll be honest with you (and of course you won't care...sniff....sniff..)...but your post is donkeydick by any measure...douche move fwiw....

#912 joe, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
    LogeSection2RowJ and jets_fan like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Nicely done

14. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Trey Wingo has been money on each his his tweets and video clips regarding Aaron Rodgers to the Jets. He said "the deal has been in place since last Friday". I don't think it's as drastic as Green Bay trying to get two number 1 picks, maybe they want Elijah Moore, Corey Davis plus the picks Douglas offered. Wingo believes this may go into next week but, it will get done.

I'll take his word for it. He's been Aces so far.

#914 BleedJetsGreen1981, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2023
  15. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

He crossed the sacred line.

IIMeanDeanII, jets_fan and Acad23 like this.
  16. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

And chose today to do it

IIMeanDeanII, jets_fan and LAJet like this.
  17. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

"I want to play for the New York Jets"

Never thought I'd hear those words uttered with confidence from a 4x MVP, first ballot HOF QB, one of the best to ever play the quarterback position with a chip on his shoulder.

18. Ralebird

But the deal is not "in place;" it has not been agreed to. Both teams want a deal and Rodgers says he wants one as well but until the Jets and Packers agree on every single nuance in a proposed deal there is no deal. There may very well be more to what the holdup is than what we may have learned from the McAfee show Wednesday. Aaron Rodgers told the public what he wanted them to know and no one on the show questioned him about the details.

For me to label a guy "Aces" he wouldn't have been telling us a deal is in place for a week and now telling us it is 99% when basics like compensation are yet to be decided.

Borat likes this.
  19. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Right on - that post was ridiculous. The guy even admitted he never saw Namath play …lol

jets_fan likes this.
  20. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

For the record I think AR should graciously turn down Joe’s offer. Simply out of respect for the Jets and the fans. A move like that would turn heads, quiet this diva talk and gain him a lot of newly found respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.