Woody Johnson is being played...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by VegasMav, Mar 14, 2023.

1. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I don’t think finding things to cunt about is a marketable talent.

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Not true. No one is going to be dumb enough to hand out a Watson type deal again. Just because one organization is a complete dumpster fire doesn't mean everyone has to follow.

3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

In the OPs defense, he said he understood these list wasn't a demand. But since Rodgers hadn't confirmed his decision he could use the list "like demands" to manipulate us.

A lot of other people seem to suddenly be on the, "Rodgers confirmed behind closed doors on Friday" train. That is contrary to nearly EVERYTHING I've read the last 5 days, including in the GB media who was going bonkers calling Rodgers a liar for saying he wouldn't do this, and most national media (its not just been reactionary Jet fans). So great that Wingo is the official truth, but he's likely not. This feels like the same line of reasoning from a few days ago when people get excited about getting a player they change the narrative like saying, "Aaron Rodgers isn't really a diva". Yeah he's a diva and yeah, he's clearly been the one holding up the deal the last 5 days. And we've been jumping some final hoops to make him commit to us.

4. bicketybam

Must be story time on TGG.

5. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

I don't know. It sounds like a transferrable skill.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes agree ..Carr was available and we could have snagged him

We ..or should I say WJ.. was intent on putting the OC in place setting the stage for a Rogers signing

Johnson does impulsive and not usually smart moves that have screwed the Team

My only issue with Carr is he knows and the NFL knows he suxs in cold weather

So..let’s hope for the best

7. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Rodgers is paid nearly $60M/year and and has 1-2 years to win the SB. I think to Westie’s point, anything less of a title or SB would consider a failure with Rodgers. With Lamar or others the window of opportunities isn’t win now or bust type of move.

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and westiedog1 like this.
  8. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Mahomes May have something to say about that.

westiedog1 likes this.
  9. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Oh really? Watson contract was 230M over six years, that's approx. 40M/yr. Daniel Jones just signed for 40M/yr. Mahomes 45M/yr, R. Wilson 49M/yr. Murray 46M/yr, Allen 43M/yr, Carr 37.5M and Rodgers contract 150M/3years and 59M this year. Jets will have to pay Rodgers something close to that this year and next. All I'm saying is the money could be better spent on a longer term Jackson contract.

mezzavo likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Rodgers is not a Jet yet.. Folks are carrying on like the trade is done. More like negotiations are still ongoing. I wonder if the amount of Salary the Pack agrees to pay is one of the sticking points along with the Jets #13 pick.

Ralebird likes this.
  11. bicketybam

#71 bicketybam, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  12. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

I was wondering, if we can’t come to a deal here, with the money he’s owed, are they almost forced to play him in gb?

13. bicketybam

Anything is possible but it's like saying if the Jets can't come to a deal with GB, they will start Wilson. How confident do you feel with that statement?

14. Cman68

You can forget that bickety. Maybe you can ask Brook or Petro to make you a mod.. I'm an admin btw, not a mod.. You know how to use the back channels so have at it..

15. bicketybam

#75 bicketybam, Mar 15, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2023
  16. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

According to Trey Wingo, who has been on the money so far, the deal is 99% done. The national media loves to dump on the Jets and will continue this bullshit narrative that Green Bay wants the farm. The Jets have been the punching bag for decades. In a few short days we'll have a superstar quarterback under center for the Jets and it's our time to punch back. Haymakers all around.

17. Cman68

Nothing about this entire episode has happened in "a few short days". 99% is not 100% and until that happens, Rodgers is still under contract with the Packers. When the deal really is final, THEN I'll celebrate and look forward to several years of being relevant before a possible return to Jet normal.

jets_fan likes this.
  18. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Did you say "several"? Come now, you know the Jets can only stay relevant for a year or two at a time

Cman68 and stinkyB like this.
  19. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

This thread is a SOJF monumental fail

Jets OG fan, Burnz and stinkyB like this.
  20. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

I would think that it's more like if the trade is ever finalized. This whole thing feels like something that's going to fall apart, leaving the Jets without a veteran QB or, perhaps even worse, with someone like Carson Wentz coming into camp to compete with Zach Wilson for the job.

Bellys Lies likes this.