Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Friendly wager?

Rodgers hints at it at 1 PM but no official announcement today. Bet is 6 pack of Corona. Taking it?

Lon Chaney likes this.
  2. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Would be but I don't see Aaron Rodgers ever doing that. I doubt we would ever even see him in a Packers jersey if the show extended into the past. He is probably gonna where a t shirt or polo and look relaxed on his couch.

3. Jetsruby

Just a disclaimer for people who don't really know a whole lot about Aaron. He's not gonna show up with a Jets hat or jersey and be all giddy. He's gonna join from his couch, he's gonna want to start off talking spirituality, and then maybe McAfee will ask him some questions about his situation and he will give some answers. He's not a football maniac, he doesn't talk ball 24/7 and he looks at the McAfee appearances as a opportunity to talk more than just ball.

4. Jetsruby

I agree on this much.

5. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

rockyusmc2003 likes this.
  6. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

There cant be an official announcement until Friday, the 17th.
    I dont know people here dont understand that.

7. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

So you're saying they're not going to announce it on friday? ;)

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  8. Jetsruby

Uh what exactly is your idea of an official announcement. There are deals announced the past 2 days that can't become official until today. Virtually no announced deal is announced when it becomes official, it is leaked to Adam Schefter or Ian Rapaport. I see no reason why the deal couldn't be reported on as being done before Friday.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think a lot of people understand that. There have been “announcements“ nonstop for the last two days but none of them are “official“ until today. I think Rodgers flat out saying he wants to play for the Jets were will play for the Jets qualifies as an announcement. I also don’t think he’s going to do that today. Might say that he wants to but I do think there is someone holding this up on either our end or the Green Bay’s end and Rodgers is using the McAfee platform to needle them.

10. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Lazard has almost as many TDs in the last 2 years (14) as CD does in his entire career (17).

Lazard is not a massive upgrade over CD but when you factor in his relationship with AR and his reliability compared to Davis, it's easy to see why people like this move.

11. Jetsruby

I think what he is going to say is "I told the Packers days ago I want to be traded to the Jets. Ideally I would have wanted to remain a Packer but they made it clear they want to move on. The wheels are in motion on a trade but these things take time. Nothing is official yet but that is how things are trending and I expect to be a Jet this year."

SOJAZ and stinkyB like this.
  12. stinkyB

13. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

Check out this nonsense. Packers allegedly want multiple 1sts. That's asinine for a QB who will be 40 this season and might play one more year. I'm sure this won't actually be the final deal, but noteworthy.
    I've been thinking more like the deal the Jets got Favre for would make perfect sense.

https://www.nbcsportsedge.com/football/nfl/player/7815/aaron-rodgers
    ESPN's Adam Schefter reports the Packers could be requesting "multiple" first round draft picks from the Jets in exchange for Aaron Rodgers.
    The Packers, per Schefter, believe Rodgers should fetch a similar deal that the Lions got when they traded Matthew Stafford to the Rams in 2021 (Detroit received Jared Goff and two first rounders). It would indeed be a steep price for a 39-year-old quarterback who regularly talks about retirement and has tormented the Packers and their fans for years with indecision on whether to continue his fading career. "The Jets have to figure out what they're willing to pay," Schefter said, adding he "wouldn't be surprised" if Rodgers announces his trade to the Jets this afternoon on his friend's internet talk show.

14. BroadwayAaron

I think this is pretty spot on but rest assured if there is someone pulling the sub, Aaron Rodgers has no qualms with airing dirty laundry on a huge platform.

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Jetsruby

Uhhhh. He's not worth more than a 3rd I'd think. Considering the lack of leverage the Packers have this could totally make sense why there's a holdup. The Packers are having delusional thoughts. We might be dealing with mentally degraded staff.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

How long til Zeke is on the wish list?

hardly matters because I think he will get a pretty decent contract end end up splitting the load with someone somewhere but for the right price he would be a very good downhill running option for 7-8 carries a game while also playing some passing downs.

17. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

IMO there's a 0% chance the guy who got 2 1's and change out of Jamal Adams and a 2 and a 4 for Sam Darnold is giving up 2 1's for a 39 year old QB who MIGHT play 1 more year.

SOJAZ, IIMeanDeanII and Jets79 like this.
  18. stinkyB

Jets79 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  19. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I’m talking about Cobb not Lazard

20. Jetsruby

If the Packers are demanding two 1st round picks, I'm leaving the table and calling Brisset's agent. NO shot I'm giving up two first rounders for Rodgers. This team is a really good team and with the proper draft picks we'd have a 5 year window. Not going to sacrifice a 5 year window for 1 year.

Jets79, ouchy and JetFanInPA like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.