Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

This fanbase is mired in self-loathing...

bicketybam likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

3. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

Let's announce McAfee to come out of retirement and punt for us tomorrow too!

4. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Don't forget AJ Hawk! He is A#1 frat bro mascot.

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Ive had the pleasure of watching Pat punt in person very recently. Guy would without a doubt be an upgrade from Mann.

Nyjets4eva, LAJet and vokab206 like this.
  6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

egelband likes this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I wonder if Jamaal Williams is on the list because he’s free now

Poeman and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

There you have it. The hold up is NOT Aaron Rodgers. I hope people watch that clip. And he nailed the Jets fanbase to a tee.

10. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Messier trying to talk Rodgers into coming to NY at the end of the Rangers game

egelband and RevSmitty73 like this.
  11. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Maybe it's me but I took it as a joke because he cursed and yelled when he said it.

A little more than a third of the way through is how I took it.

12. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Here's one that's more to the point than the other one:

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

The last time the Jets were in SB were over 5 decades ago. And GB offense was about 100 times better than the Jets one over the years. Besides, I am sure he was not in favor of losing Adams. Now he gets Adams back in the form of GW. Also, the guys on that list are not that bad. Lazard right now is our second best receiver. So far, he replaced Berrios. And even some other guys there: Randall Cobb for cheap can be a decent 5th guy replacing Smith. We need Robinson replacement too at RB - Breece will take some time to get back to form. The only guy on the list that is completely unneeded is the TE Lewis. I doubt JD will be getting him though, and if he is, probably instead of Yeboah.

I thought the Rodgers deal was not happening when after a couple of hours of Free Agency we heard nothing, because it would be against Rodgers' best interest to hold Jets hostage when FAs can be negotiated with. Hence I was ready to move to plan B. But it looks like he was not holding hostage, he actually was recruiting players for the Jets as soon as he could. We just got top 3 WR FA in Lazard (other two are Myers and JuJu) away from Denver, who made a strong push. Didn't overpay either.

So, Rodgers is not holding the Jets hostage, like we originally thought, he is actually helping. So what if he wants to announce his decision to go to the Jets and thank the GB fans himself tomorrow at his friend's show instead of having Rap or Shefty report it? Who cares? As long as the Jets know he is coming and he is helping recruit players, no harm no foul.

KY Jets Fan, egelband and bicketybam like this.
  14. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The more I think about It..

I just can't get comfortable with the Idea that a lifelong Packer, one man, one player, Is coming In here and making the owner and FO bend-over for him. Just to get him to play here. These guys on that list don't even make the team better outside of OBJ.

..and that's a maybe, considering the dude just went through TWO ACL injuries.

This team Is a joke for a reason.

Allen Lazzard Is just a worse version of Corey Davis. Looking at their stats, looking up video on the kid.. I'm not excited. We essentially signed a player who Is around the same level as a player we already have on the roster.

Statistically speaking, he's worse.

We need OL In the worst way. Yet, we are running circles signing players we don't need. Using up more cap space we don't have. That could be used on OFFENSIVE FUCKING LINE instead.

Just dumb to me. Whatever.

Can't wait for everything to align properly so I can see the light as so many here believe all this Is good. I just don't see It.

Big picture for me Is the circus Is right around the corner. The optics already look like complete shit.

Thanks, Woody.

ouchy likes this.
  15. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

This is a stupid post. You do realize Corey Davis has missed half of the games he could have played due to injuries right - you do realize he had a key drop in every game, you do realize he only has 1 year left of his contract and could get out of it now and replace with him a more reliable player that this OC has a history with…and yes, aaron rodgers also has chemistry with him

16. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Davis had less receptions the last 2 years combined than Lazard in 2022 alone

17. IIMeanDeanII

Who gives a fuck?

Even with all your excuses and bullshit drivel In this one post of yours.

He still has better stats and has better film.

Take off your green glasses, your forehead Isn't that big.

He's essentially another version of what we already have In Corey Davis.

How Is that stupid?

You think he's better?

Cool. Prove it.

Show me. What am I missing?

18. IIMeanDeanII

Lazard had 60. First time he has ever had that number. In five years.

Corey Davis had surpassed that number twice. In four years. WITHOUT, Aaron Rodgers.

Lazard, has been a barely 500yd catcher his entire career. WITH, Aaron Rodgers.

People want to hype shit up on these boards to make themselves feel better, but the reality Is, we most likely didn't upgrade here.

19. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

It is more and more happening that AR will be a Jet. Not my first choice and don’t care for it either. However the team will be immediately better.

whether he’s toying Woody regarding his wish list, I mean he s been at GB for 18 years and need some “comfort” to have someone there. AR is not going to have much time to develop relationships with most of the Jet players. So I have no problem bringing a couple of the guys. If that will help him fit better or get him a more comfort zone, so be it. Obviously we re not going to meet all of his wish list but 2 guys, why not?

20. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Excellent post, and completely agreed.

egelband likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.