No matter what happens with Rogers, kudos to Joe and Jet brass

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Mar 12, 2023.

1. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

He's a unique case as GM. He's had epic whiffs at the quarterback and left tackle positions. Any other GM would automatically be toast based on that alone. Yet his other picks and free agent moves have been pretty darn good. He's a really tough guy to grade for me.

stinkyB and papapump like this.
  2. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

No, no kudos until we have a good QB on the team. JD couldn't secure a good QB with 2nd overall pick, wasted 4th also on Morgan, and if he does not get Rodgers either, while also letting go Carr, who was leaning towards the Jets, in the process, what kudos is there to give for handling QB position if say we end up with Jimmy G?

Now, I do think this will be a moot point soon since we will likely get Rodgers, but that, or some other good QB move, needs to happen for the kudos to be given.

JetsNation06 and SOJAZ like this.
  3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Rest assure that even if he captures AR, over half of the people here will still not give him kudos.

Cosmo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

So then Woody had the blinders. Whoever it was, they deserve to eat shit if the Rodgers deal falls apart

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That this thread even exists is a testament to Jets fans being the nicest in the NFL. No other fanbase would cut their GM this kind of slack.

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

We still don't know the outcome but rather than giving unqualified accolades for giving it "the old college try" perhaps the process of centering all activity on a guy with an "unpredictable personality" while allowing others, possibly better suited to the longer term future, to disappear should be called into question. That's not being in control. Time will tell.

Cman68 likes this.
  7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Just remember that AR is being pitched as The Messiah for this team. That's a helluva lot of pressure to put on anyone. If AR comes up short? Guess who gets the blame for this.. Woody may have been the force behind this drama but JD is the one that will face the wrath of the NY Media and fanbase.

8. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Coming out of this offseason without Carr, Rodgers, or Lamar (pipedream, I know) would be a massive failure for this organization. Especially after all the "we're going after a veteran QB" stuff we heard right after the season.

To come into this offseason with that mindset and then let 3 of the top 12-15 QBs in the league slip through their fingers? Hard to envision a scenario where we're not getting a new GM and HC next season if that happens.

9. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No, that's not true. Fans are more than capable of getting behind moves that make sense. However.

It's more than reasonable to call bullshit, bullshit.

This situation Is bullshit.

He had a really good draft last year, he's built a roster that has a lot of good pieces to It. That's not enough though. It doesn't have to be one or the other, both can be true. He's done a good job In several key areas, but he's definitely failed at the most important areas as well. Areas that just happen to be the most important aspect of any team.

The QB position. The OL.

Hopefully he gets It right but the clock Is ticking awfully loud at this point, things aren't look great this morning to me personally.

I blame Woody more than I do anyone right now but that's a whole other topic, for another day.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets have done everything right here. If It is indeed Rodgers holding up the deal and he eventually decides to retire there is nothing Joe D could’ve done to prevent that.

Settling for mediocrity in Derek Carr is the same old Jets move.

I’m sure we all hope the gamble pays off.

Cosmo and Nyjets4eva like this.
  11. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If Rodgers chooses to retire instead of collect $60 million to play for the Jets for one year, Joe Douglas failed. You know how bad your pitch has to be to get someone to turn down $60 mil? The bigger failure was letting Carr walk while we waited for a guy that they hadn’t even spoken to yet.

12. Cman68

I think a lot of this was the Messiah pressure everyone put on Rodgers saving the Jet franchise from oblivion if he comes here. If I'm Rodgers, why put myself under that kinda pressure when I could just ride into the sunset and pocket $60M by staying in GB? He has to know he's already alienated almost the entire fanbase and NY Media with this ridiculous drawn out decision so the ground is not fertile but almost toxic. At this point, Rodgers would be better off NOT coming here.

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Well, let’s see how the rest of the free agency plays out…

If we waited this far without a QB, and we’re waiting on this one guy, JD could lose some valuable pieces. Hopefully he will continue to pick up other needed positions.

14. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I don't know that Joe needs as much slack as you think he's getting, but this fanbase definitely is very quick to give anybody credit for not sucking for 10 minutes straight. I would substitute "most desperate" for "nicest".

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

And it only took 3 years in NY for JD to go from the nicest to most desperate.

16. Cman68

This has the potential to go really dark quickly. The Jets miss on Rodgers, Carr, Garappolo. This is a horrible look considering the "Vet QB" mandate. I'd like to think Woody is behind the Rodgers wait. If it isn't, then whomever is responsible should be fired.

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

If only the fans had the power to fire Woody.

papapump and wewantsapp like this.
  18. RevSmitty73

RevSmitty73 Member

I don't know how you blame Joe D, if Rodgers decides he doesn't want to come to the Jets. Apparently they have done everything they could to get him. I'm a frustrated as hell too, but the team is moving in the right direction. I don't want to start all over again, again. If Rodgers is Woody's call, then JD got his marching orders.

19. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

this

wtf

particpation medals?

20. JETS1116

JETS1116 Well-Known Member

I hear you, but the second he signs, most of those fans are on the AR train. If we start the season winning games and good QB play....this wait gets forgotten.