Aaron Rodgers confirms he wants to play for the JETS!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Mar 13, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Yeah, Lazard has been in the NFL for 5 seasons and averaged 33 catches a season.

Yes, he caught 60 last year. Odds are he catches 45 next year because guys who finally catch 60 in a contract season tend to drop off after that because hey they finally got the contract.

Lazard BTW was worth the deal he had last season. He's probably worth a bit more this year. Want to bet he gets paid like a solid #2 WR at $10M+ a year for 4 or 5?

ouchy likes this.
  2. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Is this really going to drag on another night. I'm a patient man but this is getting to be a joke.

The guy we really really want, really really doesn't want us.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Funny thing, I said on another thread that GB did a shit job to get key weapons ie a top receivers to help Aaron over the last four years, which really pissed him off. Like picking Love in the first instead. You replied GB drafted “ league leading receivers”. Yeh, who? A couple of third rounders and some later rounds pedestrian receivers AR made better. GB has not sniffed a league leading receiver since Devante left. Having said that, Lazard is better in the red zone, first down category and TDs than Davis, and improving every year, but I do agree it comes down to money and who AR is comfortable with. From what I read AR is concerned about the OL and ability to call some of his own plays most of all, which I fully understand.

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

If we are going to pay Lazard 10 million, just keep Davis instead. I could see him having a 1000 yards with Rodgers, if he stays healthy.

5. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Wingo already announced deal done. Smoke a joint, drinks a glass of wine and relax.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  6. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Trey Wingo broke the story. His tweet is still up on Twitter. Not sure who you're referring to but, Rodgers is coming to the New York Jets.

7. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Wingo isn't an official announcement or an NFL insider. He might have an inside with Rodgers?

Rapoport is an actual NFL insider and he says Rodgers hasn't informed either team of his decision, as of 7:00 EST.

8. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

How is it that Trey knows but for almost half a day since he broke the tweet, there's been no more insight on it. For days now there have been conflicting reports full of reporters that know absolutely nothing. How likely is it that he just happens to be the one person who knows versus his sources were mistaken or confused?

9. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

If Rapoport says Rodgers hasn't informed either team of a decision that means he hasn't informed either team of a decision. That's a definitive answer from the teams. Wingo would have to know insider info from Aaron's circle and also Aaron would have to keep it secret (for some reason?) to both teams involved. why??!! so dumb.

RevisIsland18 and ouchy like this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Look at it from his point of view. Do you think Aaron Rodgers ever envisioned finishing his career QBing a desperate team that hasn't been particularly competitive since his *2nd* year as a starting QB in the NFL?

For Rodgers this has to be a nightmare. He's trapped between $110M guaranteed dollars and a sadsack franchise that is lying prostrate in front of him begging him to come play for them. Even if he says yes he has no idea who the coach and GM will be next season because that's just where we are.

Sometimes it's just better to look at the reality and not get so lost in the grand scheme.

ouchy likes this.
  11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Either he made a mistake, or the reptilians made him delete his account. When it comes to Rodgers, you never know.

apjbfc likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Is it just me or it seems like we are all patiently standing in front of the Vatican waiting for the white smoke symbolizing we have formally selected our new QB Pope?

13. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

That's certainly an opinion.

ouchy likes this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

TBH I think its a bad move going forward and couldn't care less if he didn't sign with us.

JD has rebuilt at a snails pace and this move is basically throwing it all away for an unlikely "all in" year of Diva. This may well make the next 4 years extra painful.

15. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

Arod will be a Jet tomorrow.

BleedJetsGreen1981 and AG3 like this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It took them 8 hours to confirm wingos first report of the jets flying to meet Rodgers.

Its over. He’s coming.

17. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

I think Diane Russini was the 1st “real” reporter to confirm it?

Perhaps she’s the 1st to break the Rodgers trade also.

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

It's not over till It's over.

I'll wait for something official. Still doesn't feel right to me.

19. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Rogers has been adamant about there only being a sacred few in his inner circle who know the scoop. Trey Wingo is evidently one of those people. The Jets have been locked down on leaks tighter than bark on a tree. Rogers's is busy recruiting players, Douglas is busy signing them.

Sometime tomorrow maybe on the McAfee Show or Wednesday at the latest the Jets will own the sports wire.

The other NFL signings, will be a like sparklers at a 10-year old's birthday compared to the Macy's Fourth of July conflagration the Jets will unleash on the sports world.

20. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Yeah I'll have some beef jerky, a couple of flashlight batteries, this comb, a bottle of Old Harper, Aaron Rodgers, and a ball point pen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.