Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Because you might wind up looking like a dick-exposing pervert and the national media picked that story up very quickly.

2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

If the hangup this entire week has been Rodgers deciding whether he wants to play for the Jets or forfeit $60 mil, he doesn’t want to play for the Jets.

KY Jets Fan, JETS1116 and Br4d like this.
  4. Br4d

This is obvious at this point. A prouder franchise would have folded their tents already and been looking hard at their next set of options. The Jets are basically like a sack of warm cat poo adrift on the tides at this point.

5. BroadwayAaron

And a smarter franchise would have gone with the younger cheaper (in terms of compensation) QB a week ago.

KY Jets Fan and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  6. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I can’t believe how some folks love to shit on Jets and on New York City as a whole. Unbelievable really.

7. nevbeats319

nevbeats319 Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers “ i dont want to hold things up” - Him, holding things up….

8. Br4d

It's not hard to shit on the Jets right now. All you have to do is open your eyes and see them for what they are instead of the vision the marketing department spends 24/7 trying to create.

This BTW is probably a big part of the hold up on Rodgers end. He understands winning teams and when he looks at us he sees nothing that matches.

It's kind of a sad end for him. He was big man in Wisconsin forever and then he stretched it out a bit too long and they don't want him and he doesn't want the alternative.

9. BroadwayAaron

Jets did this to themselves. And NYC is great if you live in Westchester or CT or anywhere 30 mins below the GW bridge in Jersey. Living there? Kill me.

10. PulseJet

PulseJet Well-Known Member

This whole Jets organization is a laughingstock thing is kindof unfair.

The dick pic thing aside, before getting injured Favre was on his way to leading the Jets to the playoffs. The Jets organization didn't make him look bad, he did that to himself. Favre liked it here, he was able to hunt, fish etc.

Even mediocre QB's for the Jets do well. Mid guys like Fitz and Sanchez when winning are treated as kings of the city. Sanchez dated supermodels like Kate Upton. Afterwards, they have successful media careers. Thats probably not what Rodgers wants, but if he thinks he can still win, winning here the glory and spoils of victory are greater. And the bar is not set very high. Just make the playoffs.

Other than the SOJ stigma (which is huge) there isnt anything organizationally the Jets should feel bad about. They have a good defense, some intriguing offensive weapons, and a HC and GM who seem pretty competent. The owner has an urgency to win now and will spend the $$. Its not like he would be going to Carolina amidst an early rebuild.

NOVAJET likes this.
  11. Br4d

The HC is 11-23. The GM has had full control for 3 seasons and is 13-37 in those 3 seasons. The owners are 70-114 since the last playoff season.

It may look like the Jets are on the rise to you but in fact the trend over the last 3 seasons suggest they are in decline even more so than the generally bad play of the last decade plus.

Not trying to be a downer. Just looking at the facts objectively.

And BTW two of the prominent JD trade ups got hurt last season and their absence contributed mightily to the SOJ syndrome that broke out.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

No worries, it's a small contingent of whiny fucks with the woe is me attitude. We are in a great place and if we go deep into the playoffs next year hopefully they will either get on the train or be shamed out of existence.

hornblower and bicketybam like this.
  13. BroadwayAaron

I think the Jets earn every bit of criticism that comes their way but oof, not this. Vehemently disagree. You might be more damaged by this franchise than you even realize.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

But you are a downer Brad, no? Doesn't matter what topic we are discussing. You always approach things from a super negative angle.

15. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

But that's the point isn't it? Neither Salah or Douglas survives another year if we go .500 or below so the sensible options like Tannehill/New QB Draftee were never really under discussion. Long-term planning doesn't exist with only a 12 month tenure remaining.

I know this all ends in tears but I'm so fucking bored with ineptitude that I'll take a good year now, before I die.

SOJAZ and Br4d like this.
  16. BroadwayAaron

sorry to post this like an old man struggling with technology but screenshots are the only way to show you who likes what on Twitter. Interesting…

Edit: I can’t even post a screenshot. Basically Lazard liked this tweet:

JetFanInPA, Brook! and bicketybam like this.
  17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Man, IF the NYJ do have an agreement with AR and it''s just a matter of moving money around and the appropriate compensation with Green Bay, I would be sweating BIG time until the deal is done if I am JD. The dude just seems so fucking unpredictable that virtually anything he does at this point seems likely...

18. burf

burf Well-Known Member

If people would put all the media speculation, & their biases aside (ie: AR is a diva, douchebag -- SOJ -- NY sucks, etc), & stop & think about options available to all sides, it kinda logically shows which party's dragging their feet.

The Jets have options, some better than others, but if things fall apart, they have other avenues to pursue.
    If no other team is in the mix...
    AR has the option to play for the Jets, stay with the Packers, or retire.
    If he wants to play, the Jets are his only option, if the Packers choose Love.
    The Packers options are to trade AR to the Jets, play him, cut him, or keep him as their backup & play Love.
    If I haven't neglected another option, who's in the worst position??

To me, it's the Packers.
    Murphy said that if they don't get what they want, AR will be back with the Packers.
    But if they want Love to be their QB, then it makes no sense to keep AR.
    Since they can't force AR to retire, their only logical option is trading him to the Jets.
    The Jets have offered "X."
    If that was good enough, the deal would be done.
    So, the Packers have to decide if they will accept the Jets offer, play AR & put the Love era on-hold, or play Love, & sit AR.

19. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

To each their own. I’ve lived in the city most of my adult life, raised my kids here… wouldn’t have traded it for anything.

20. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Retires, then comes out later on in the offseason if a team approaches him that he wants

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.