Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

It’s actually not the case, Rodgers hasn’t decided, or he will make the announcement on his buddy mcafee show.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  2. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

1000% spot on. Of course if he does sign AR, his next response will be, bad move by JD for a 2 year deal, when we could have had a pedestrian QB for 4 and more draft capital. Is screw JD either way for some. The word “rightfully” in his response was clearly wrongfully used. JD is one of the best.

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Changes nothing.. He hasn't appeared in the SB since. Neither has Namath. 10 years is a long time in football years. Maybe he's Tom Brady, maybe he ain't. Woody is betting the house that he is. Well, he better be..

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

He could use a win about now too. Can't live off the DROY/OROY picks forever. This is a much bigger issue he's dealing with.

HomeoftheJets and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Come on, haven’t you heard, speaking to Mcafee is another sign of being a douche QB.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

If we had signed Carr, that decision would be getting shit on by the usual suspects. It is what it is.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

No question, he is navigating on rough seas, and he is getting plenty of help from Woody. He can’t overpay in draft choices, and he needs to satisfy GB contract pressures.
    Point of fact, truth be told, we really don’t know who his first choice was, AR or Carr.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Some things are quite consistent on this site.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
  9. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Correct

10. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

So, I've learned a few things here. I like to watch Pat McAfee. I do. This also makes me a d-bag. Learned that today too.

Although. I really dislike Nickelback. So, I think this balances It out for me.

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Just try me, I dare you!! .. I'll lock this thread faster than you can say
    "not now, I'm on TGG......now get that gorgeous cock outta my face!"

[​IMG]

12. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Don't waver or let up with the "Please" ending Brook.....stay on their case with your earlier bad-ass tone! :cool:

13. joe

joe Well-Known Member

14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I think McAfee is fantastic and I think Aaron Rodgers is a complete douche bag. It is very possible.

15. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Oh come on. Joe Douglas is arguably the last person in the organisation that should be fired into the sun. Admittedly ZW looks like a whiff, drafted in JD's own first full year at the helm, but JD has been as good as any GM in the league since. Based on last year's draft alone, he and his scouting staff should have several more years. If only the continuous "sack them all" mantra actually worked then it might be worth parroting. But it doesn't.

JD is going nowhere, and neither should he irrespective of Rodger's decision. I hope AR comes to us. He may not. But they are clearly working very hard to get him.

#435 UK_Chilts, Mar 8, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2023
  16. BroadwayAaron

Joe Douglas is the reason we are so unbelievably desperate to find a quarterback. If he doesn’t land Aaron Rodgers it’s because the situation wasn’t enticing enough for him to either leave Green Bay or stop him from retiring. In the process he let the best option walk. You don’t go into an offseason shooting for the stars and then sign Jacoby Brissett and bringing back Mike White and live to talk about it. He will be gone immediately.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  17. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

No he wont. He had arguably one of the best drafts in the history of the NFL last year. Not his fault if Rodgers doesn't sign. Jimmy G is still out there. This team is a playoff team with Jimmy G and a decent back-up QB.

NOVAJET, burf and hornblower like this.
  18. BroadwayAaron

Jimmy G hasn’t finished a season and how long now? Not sure why we are banging on this guy giving us 17 games of average play. You need to think like the owner not like the fan. You made it perfectly clear you are willing to spend any amount of money to get a top-tier quarterback. The GM let one of the top-tier guys walk and Now has to pray that the other one is enticed enough to not retire or return to his team. Zach was strike one. Losing Carr and Aaron Rodgers would be strike two and three

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's a guilty pleasure for me too. Pat McAfee, not Nickelback.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

If you thought Carr was the best option then I get your point. (Disclosure - I didn't, but there you are). If the NYJ brain's trust (led by JD) did, then there's a good chance Carr would be here by now. It looks like they prefer Rodgers over him. Of course, I don't know this for certain because I'm not in the building but it's just my take, as a fan. There are so many moving parts. It is entirely Carr's right to sort his future out, which he has done.

As an aside, as this is a QB thread, I could not disagree with you more about Joe Douglas.

With the greatest of respect.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.