Aaron Rodgers Watch - Clock Ticking

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYGalPal, Mar 7, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

Is it still incompetence if they successfully trade for Rodgers? They'll get the better player with the better cap hit, and everything will have gone according to the Jets plan. Clearly he is their first choice.

I think it would be looked at as more incompetent if they settled for their second choice, and the first choice gets traded after and the Jets missed out.

I'm going to wait for this to play out. If their starting QB in a couple weeks is Jimmy G or Jacoby Brissett, I'll be there right with you holding a pitchfork.

2. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Well i don’t think the Jets would be that stupid to not signing Carr if they didn’t have any discussions with GB. That being said I am quite surprise. I don’t think it is worth a move imo however until there is a deal and the type of deal, we have to give JD a chance and perhaps it may turn out to be a solid deal.

BrooklynJetsFan and KY Jets Fan like this.
  3. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Predicted it since the beginning, suuuper excited. Saleh and the Packers HC are buddies, Hackett and Rodgers connections are real. There is no fucking way there had been 0 communication between the teams. They practiced together last year, there has absolutely been communication all along between parties in both organizations. SB or bust ladies and gents, if I'm wrong I will take my crow with a side of Wisconsin curds but if I'm right... it's time, LFG.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Four days of darkness, an interview with him where he said his questions have all been answered, ….but he still doesn't know if he wants to play football. Should we be concerned?

JetFanInNE, SOJAZ and KY Jets Fan like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Suppose Rodgers is motivated by the fact that Favre failed here and he wants to a shot at sticking it to that legacy

--
    If it happens I will root for the guy for sure, but I feel very uneasy about trading something for a 40 year old with a foot out the door already.

6. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I think the fact that he's speaking with the Jets means he's leaning towards coming back but until something official comes out there's always the risk he retires or stays with GB.

SOJAZ and LAJet like this.
  7. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

It's basically a Super Bowl or bust move for 2 years if it happens. JD better have another great offseason improving the OL. Rodgers at 40 behind a bad OL is a disaster.

8. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

excellent point

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You're being ridiculous. Carr would have been nice because he wouldn't have cost us any draft assets and he would be here for 3-4 years, but Rodgers is the superior QB as of today. You're acting like it's the end of the world because you don't like the guy. If we get him and leads us to the SB, you won't care about any of this.

Nyjets4eva, NOVAJET and dawinner127 like this.
  10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Like the majority of sports stories, so much has already been decided behind the scenes, but we only have "hasn't given an official indication yet" in the public.

If we're getting things like the Packers permissing him a meeting with another team, there have been options, decisions, and crystal clear declarations already made behind the scenes, regardless of which direction has been chosen.

The Jets and Packers aren't drifting aimlessly in the same nebulous cloud we are.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well, well... I'll be dammed. Look all of us are frustrated, I posted yesterday that we should push AR to make a decision or move on... So what I find interesting is that he seems to be leaning towards playing again and that he actually spoke to team officials. That in and of its self is significant.

Posters claiming incomptence probably never negoitated a contract before let alone a union-ized one (meaning has to conform to NFLPA rules)... these things take time. The best outcome would be that R wants to play and play here, that the compensation is not egregious and that cap # works in our favor. Woody has stated he will spend and spend big..so lets take a step back from the "incomptence cliff" and whining about Carr (whom I thought would be an upgrade for sure) to let the process play out.

If he comes he comes, if he choses not too, so be it. I comfortable with whatever decision occurs. I am free and happy to be an American Veteran who has gone through war, has the love of God and family and friends..so this stuff is not life and death, at least to me.

12. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

You know that saying "where there is smoke there is fire". Seems like we have that here. Rodgers isn't retiring when he can still make millions. Maybe its wishful thinking on my part but I think this happens. We will see how it plays out.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't give a shit about any of these reports. Media always speculating, never truly knowing dick about dick.

Right before Carr signed with the Saints, he was "leaning" towards the Jets. Literally 12-14 hours after that report, he signed with the Saints.

Jets need to get this done and soon, otherwise, this Is a really bad fucking look no matter how you slice It.

I'm still bothered with the report that the FO and CS all secretly wanted Carr but Woody's boner for Rodgers caused them to miss out.

Again. Who knows? The media Is a joke.

I'm always thinking worst case with this team, I hate we have to give up picks to get Rodgers but I would much rather get him at this point, than not.

I hate this team. Mostly the owner. Definitely both. lol

14. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I think that could be worked out.

Like it's a 2nd rd pick if he plays x amount of snaps this year, becomes a 1st if the Jets make it to the AFC championship game, GB gives back a '25 3rd or 4th if he doesn't play in 2024.

Just spitballing.

KY Jets Fan likes this.
  15. Savatage

Savatage Well-Known Member

FFS, I need all of this to end. This wait s excruciating.

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think the report about Carr leaning towards the Jets was an attempt to get the most money out of New Orleans.

17. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

So if we sign rodgers to a deal that is close to what is projected, what damage does that do to our ability to sure up the oline, get an edge rusher, and down the line , resign the great players we got out of the last draft?(im asking because I don’t have the understanding that many here do about these things).

I don’t put the importance in the qb that others do. It’s important to have a “good” qb, of course, but I have always thought that a solid o line makes a good qb succeed, and a bad o line can make a great qb flop

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

I don't think we give up 13 so we can address OL there. I think we prob lose our '23 2nd though.

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  19. AtlantaJet

AtlantaJet Well-Known Member

Or he really was leaning toward the Jets, and he caught wind that the Jets-Rodgers trade talks were heating up, so decided to pick another team.

20. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

to be fair, posters claiming incompetence are simply Jets fans over 30

blackssmagic and NYJetsO12 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.