ESPN and CBS: Saints are front runners to sign Derek Carr

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NOVAJET, Mar 5, 2023.

1. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

The optics are bad. Whether true or not, it comes across as the Jets jerking one guy around while waiting on another, and with Carr signing elsewhere, we've lost a little leverage with the alleged "plan A".

Heck, I don't even know if the Jets are serious about Rogers. All we've really heard is that the Jets "inquired", and the Pack might be open to trading him to someone in the AFC. That's it. No meetings or discussions reported.
    From Rogers perspective, this will be more about his legacy than money. Does he believe the Jets are positioned to make a Superbowl run with him at the helm, ala Brady to the Bucs? If not, I don't see him restructuring for us, maybe for GB so he can retire a Packers legend. We'll see.

From Jetsville, all they've really said is that they want to add a vet QB. A beat writer asked Woody if he'd be willing to spend on a top tier QB. Woody answered affirmatively, but that was not a revelation of any strategy.

Jets79 likes this.
  2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

especially after forcing the OC who's a perfect fit for him out of town.....

BrowningNagle likes this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wouldn't use the word 'bold' to describe asking an attractive free agent to wait in line while a more attractive free agent scratches his ass a few more times and then gives the world a full moon.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  4. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Same old inept Jets, can't wait to buy my Jacoby Brissett jersey

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I've watched them both. Agree to disagree. Assuming JG would stay healthy, I see no difference between him and Carr operating in this offense. And I'd see it run a bit better with JG.

6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

No matter who it is.. Rodgers, Garappolo, Brissett, Mike White, Testaverde, etc… the tweets will come in saying that guy is “who the Jets wanted all along”

so let’s prepare for that and not take the bait for once.

They swung and missed on Carr, let’s be honest. The next choice will be the 2nd choice for the football guys in the room

Ralebird, Brook!, stinkyB and 4 others like this.
  7. bicketybam

I'd love to know who believes this. Anyone?

8. bicketybam

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Carr dodged a bullet today. $100M guaranteed with incentives up to $150M. There was no way Woody was gonna match that. Besides, the Jets were always after The Living Legend. Now for their sake, this had better pan out. Their collective asses will depend on it. Woody needs his headliner to draw in the customers. He can sell The Living Legend to the masses better than trying to sell Carr so in a sense, Woody came out ahead today too.

10. Snatch Catch

Snatch Catch Well-Known Member

Geno getting paid now, too. $35M per for 3 years.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You know it.. The Living Legend will finally grace Woody Johnson and Joe Douglas with his all important decision. If the decision is to retire or stay in GB, the Jets will pivot to some C-list QB and will try to sell that as the best choice they could make given the circumstances.

NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  12. burf

burf Well-Known Member

The thing is, no matter how good JD may be, if Woody's pushing for something, JD has to try to do it.
    Judging by what I've seen of JD's MO, I'm sure he's tried to get every plausible option ready to move.
    And while trade negotiations for AR may be humming along, it's not done, & they lost the opportunity for a solid, durable QB. And that's where I see Woody's involvement.
    Again, judging by what I've seen of JD, it's difficult for me to imagine that JD would go all-in on AR, unless it is in-fact a done deal, & only formalities are being worked out. In other words, I think at this point JD would've moved-in on Carr.
    So, I suspect some kind of announcement is imminent, or JD's hands have been tied.
    Of course, this is all mental masturbation we're all doing.
    So far, we fans seem to be as in the dark, as the media.
    All involved, the players & the teams, have been amazingly leak-free... until yesterday's 'Carr leaning Jets' thing.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. bicketybam

Only Jets fans can shit on Aaron Rodgers like he's some sort of fucking has been.

Acad23 and azhar80 like this.
  14. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Except Packer fans.
    ...and Rodgers own family.

blackssmagic likes this.
  15. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Haha, jets—- always end up with plan c

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I do find it hard to believe the Jets were arrogant enough to “want” Carr but also try to get him to wait to see if they could get Rodgers instead. No organization can be that stupid to send that message even if they are the second choice.

So I’m guessing yes they wanted Carr, missed and now suddenly they didn’t want him that bad as per the PR department.

NYJetsO12 and BrowningNagle like this.
  17. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

At this freaking point, just give Lamar a contract offer that the Ravens can't match. Send them 2 first round picks and be done with it. We end up paying less than the Watson and Wilson trade as far as trade compensation

18. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

"Seems like a DUMB strategy from a bottom tier franchise."

Fixed it for ya ....

19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Lamar’s awesome. I think it’s just too hard to stomach 5-6 years/$250 million fully guaranteed and two first round picks.

All Gas No Shake likes this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

One Domino Falls=Carr going to New Orleans

Do all of you comprehend how absolutely stupid JD and that mega A-hole woody will look to the rest of the NFL when the smoke clears and we FAIL to land Aron Rogers?

FTMR a complete fail here depletes the confidence of a young talented roster

Saleh should just resign cause he knows Wilson / White cant win him games

sad sad sad