Rumor: Woody Johnson wanted Aaron Rodgers while Staff wanted Derek Carr

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetFanInPA, Mar 6, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

God Bless. Maybe the Raiders?

Acad23 and Lon Chaney like this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The Bengals. Another long suffering shit show organization that finally got its shit together. They're a good, not annoying, team to latch onto. Fucking Jets, losers.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  3. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

No you won't. You'll bitch and moan about how fucking bad the jets are and always have been, but come September, you'll be watching just like the rest of us. It's a life long affliction and we all have it.

Wut?, sozopol, ouchy and 3 others like this.
  4. JetsNation06

Ha not this time. Again, if they sign Rodgers without giving up high comp then yea. Otherwise I'm done because I do not want to watch this team anymore. It's like watching a train wreck in slow motion.

This was our one window to be playoff worthy for years to come and I'm fearful we are about to let it slip right through our fingers. All those young stars, Sauce and Garrett and the rest, will all be looking for new places to play in a few years.

Players want one thing more than anything and that is to Win. The way this thing is headed they'll all be looking to get out of dodge when rookie contracts are up. So very pathetic.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. DSL97

DSL97 Member

This is a bad take. I could even understand a 1st being a lot... but you are saying that about a 2nd? Lol. Rodgers gives us our best superbowl chances for the next few years. Don't let the door hit you on the way out!

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I wish you the best of luck Enjoy your new team

KingRoach likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The problem Is. If you read the prior article In this thread. Is that the FO and CS were all ready to go ahead and make the move to bring Carr In. Woody, and his high hopes, stalled this desire, which leads Carr to make a decision as he no longer wanted to respectfully wait for the Jets and their decision with Rodgers.

The reason we are still twiddling our fucking thumbs, waiting on a QB, Is because Woody and all his genius, wanted to wait for an answer from Rodgers Instead.

Him meeting with Carr only suggests he was doing his due deligence and nothing more. For his stalling, which is meddling In the current plan that JD and Saleh have In motion. He's negligence Is the reason we are still praying Rodgers not only doesn't retire, but that he also doesn't want to play for the Packers anymore, and then, finally, that he actually even wants to play for the NYJ.

Which.

Nobody knows If he even wants to play, let alone If he would want to play for the NYJ.

So, we now miss our window on, Carr.

We likely won't be getting Rodgers. This also hurts our leverage In a trade now as well with Carr signing elsewhere already.

So, that means we will likely be ending up with an absolute fucking JAG who's just slightly above average like Fitzpatrick.

We always come full circle. Always.

The common denominator.

Woody (The Absolute Worst Owner In Football) Johnson.

8. JetsNation06

We are not a Rodgers away from a SB. Get that dumb idea out of your head. And if you're giving up major draft comp to get him then you sure as hell won't be surrounding him with the talent he needs to get anywhere close to what you're speaking of.

This could've all been avoided by signing Derek Carr a week ago but Jets brass thinks they're smarter than everyone (tongue firmly in cheek).

Don't you see the circle jerk the Jets brass are pulling on you? I guess not.

NYJetsO12, papapump and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Woody got this one right

Lon Chaney likes this.
  10. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I feel like Rogers to the Jets is just such a long shot and always has been. Could it happen? Maybe, but I just don't see it.

11. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

WTF, of course he did.. he is the better QB and with injures still out performed a medicore QB who was absolutely without a doubt, better than anything currently in the team QB room. But still medicore. Woody wants to win just like us... what the hell is wrong with that and he has always signed the checks for bums, stiffs, etc,...

I have no faith that ZW can turn it around (you know upside), the FO seems to believe it is "possible" but I gotta tell ya, I have my doubts.

12. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

How does he know secrets? He admits he doesn’t know

#32 DetroitRed, Mar 6, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
  13. IIMeanDeanII

Carr was the best AVAILABLE QB. Period.

Unless the NYJ, Woody Johnson, JD, etc.. No something none of the rest of us do. Rodgers Isn't readily available. Nobody knows WTF Rodgers Is doing at this point. If they don't know for sure that Rodgers Is willing to play here.

Then, this Is a dangerous predicament, neglectful, and another check mark for the worst Owner In football.

papapump and Cman68 like this.
  14. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Let's see, I wanted Aaron Rodgers over Carr, so does this news make me "not" want him now? Hmmm. It might. This type of story can be infuriating....NOPE! I still prefer him over Derek Carr despite the fact that our not so bright owner agrees with me this time! That and the fact that I feel a social media bias against us, so it would make sense seeing a negative story like this emanating as Joe Douglas closes in on the deal I want. It would be so typical.

#34 LogeSection2RowJ, Mar 6, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2023
    NOVAJET likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

..and If we don't get Rodgers?

Leicester Jet and Cman68 like this.
  16. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

Matthew Berry is a football fantasy analyst. If Schefter put this tweet out it would carry more weight. If Douglas is trying to get Green Bay to eat some of Rodgers contract it has to mean that a trade is brewing. Rodgers will be a Jet soon enough. The Jets will have numerous Monday night games and all will be well in Jets land.

17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

"secretly, the rest of the front office wanted Carr"... I can't imagine JD and Saleh as Woody's yes men. I'm taking this with a grain of salt.

NOVAJET and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Sounds like you weren't very invested to begin with... o_O

bicketybam likes this.
  19. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

the best part of this is with this leaking that the front office and team wanted carr, arod will see that and not want to come here.

20. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

and to think acquiring Arod would be the thing that makes you say THAT'S IT I'M DONE.

LOL

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.