ESPN and CBS: Saints are front runners to sign Derek Carr

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by NOVAJET, Mar 5, 2023.

1. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Move on from Rodgers now. Sign Carr before Carolina can get to him for a second time.

3. vokab206

vokab206 Well-Known Member

With the franchise tag deadline coming on Tuesday, I'm really feeling like this saga is about to come to an end next week.

4. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

If true, pick up the phone Joe and bring an end to this saga. If Rodgers wanted Jets we would have known by now. Move in and close the deal Joe.

5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is his camp sending a message, "let's go".

6. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Yup, looks like Carr's people are saying, 'we're ready, move-in or bye-bye.'
    If nothing's done in the next few days, it looks like Woody wants AR, & is willing to keep waiting.
    It's time to get a deal done, & move on with Carr, & getting the rest of the team, & the cap situation in-order for free-agency & the draft.

7. Brook!

8. Brook!

My neighbor Nick Mangold taking things in his own hand. Gotta love him really :)

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Obviously no one besides JD, Woody, and Saleh, knows what's really going on, but my guess is that if they really wanted Carr he would be signed by now. Given that he isn't, it indicates that they really want Rodgers, and I suspect that they've had some signs from him and GB that they can get their wish. But I also think they've put a deadline on any such deal, and if it doesn't get done by then, they'll pivot to DC.

Understandably we Jets fans, having been burned by ineptitude for so long, are fearing the worst, and it may come to that, but so many people are getting worked up and making dire predictions when they have no idea what's really happening. Woody and Douglas are fully aware of this angst and don't want to give us more reason to bail that they have already. They have a huge vested interest in getting one of these two guys, and I would guess that Woody has told Douglas that there's no limit to the check he can write to get that done.

None of this guarantees it will happen, but there's more reason to believe it will than it won't.

10. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

If he wanted the Packers, Raiders or whatever team, would they know by now?

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I figure that Douglas knows if he ends up standing there with his hat in his hands with Rodgers retiring and Carr signing somewhere else, that's probably going to be his job down the line.

I would assume that Carr's agent will give the signal to sign or else, Joe will check with Rodgers one last time and when he flakes, Joe will sign Carr.

stinkyB, Leicester Jet, twown and 5 others like this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I want Carr but I hate To say it if we pass on Rogers Then Miami It will swoop in and get Rogers.
    If Rogers truly wants to be A jet then he would have said something buy now For fear that the Jets would take Carr instead. Sign Carr & get on with it.

#12 BudJet, Mar 5, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2023
    NYJetsO12 likes this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Kudos to one of my favorite Jets...Nick Mangold.

Brook! likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

As I Posted weeks ago, AR is fuckin with the Jets..let him go and get Carr in here !!

DC : Younger and more milage to get us to a Championship or just a Playoff spot

I am in favor of getting the best talent assembled from OL to QB...right now

After that ,, and we still cant Win, Saleh and Douglas have to be replaced. And having Carr and rookies with big upside just might attract a big-name Coach to push us over the Top

Since1969 likes this.
  15. Jetsruby

Jetsruby Well-Known Member

Definitely getting to a point where I move on and sign Carr. The added benefit of not having to give up any draft picks for Carr and that he's available to play for the next 5+ years made the decision contentious to begin with. Now hearing he wants here, let's go. Let's make this thing happen. Aaron seems like he has a foot out the door if he really needs to wait this long to decide if he wants to play or not.

16. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Miami is not getting Rodgers dude. They have Tua. If they go after a quarterback it’ll be a guy like Dalton or Minshew. A backup who can step in and make a few injury related starts. Exhale.

17. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Jets are playing with fire.

Sign Carr and end this charade now.

Or get burned once again.

18. NY Jets68

NY Jets68 Well-Known Member

Typical Jetsian result: Woody waits and waits for Rodgers, Carr signs with NO and then Rodgers decides to stay in GB. Zwilson is starter by default.

19. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

When is the last time anyone said I want to play for the Jets, let alone a really good QB???

NY Jets68 and JetFanInNE like this.
  20. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

Don't even put this into the ether..

Sign Carr...LET'S GO!!!

NY Jets68 and JetFanInNE like this.