JD still has hope..

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Mar 1, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

2. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

C'mon dude..... it's white noise.
    What's he supposed to say? "This kid sucks!" ?

Jets69, KY Jets Fan, Borat and 14 others like this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Perhaps JD is channeling his inner carnival barker trying to gas up ZW's trade value.. I hope that's it because if he truly believed that bs he just put out? I wish him well in his next job.

barfolomew likes this.
  4. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

He’s a player under contract that he can’t get out from under right now. It’s called “making the best of a bad situation”

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

The obsession is real, lol. Guy's our backup QB

Mogriffjr and JetFanInNE like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Hope can be a dangerous thing but I don’t think JD is pinning his future on hope.

You may not agree with the potential upside of keeping ZW but you have to admit, there’s no downside.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The downside is your QB1 goes down for a significant amount of time and you are forced to play a qb that does absolutely nothing to help you win, and we go playoff less again.

IIMeanDeanII and Jets-N-Terps like this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If you're down to the 3rd string QB, barring a Brock Purdy miracle, odds are you're fuct regardless...

Cman68, barfolomew and KingRoach like this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

JD is getting fired ..someones Hero someones trash

Jets-N-Terps likes this.
  10. KingRoach

If AR goes down for any significant amount of time, it’s bad news regardless of who the backup is.

11. NYJetsO12

Lol

Here's the Reality>>>AR has NOT signed a deal with anyone ..he isn't even a Jet and you guys worry about if "he goes down" haha

But you are right..AR out for extended time means we are screewed and we have trash as backup ie Wilson /White

It doesn't matter what our GM opines about ZW ..Douglas and Robert Saleh are dead men walking if we dont WIN

SOJAZ and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  12. KingRoach

Great points s/. What backup would you like to sign; is there any combination of players that would turn you into a fan of the team?

Centiment likes this.
  13. NYJetsO12

Thanks for asking..but I am about to give this team a break TBH. I cant stand it after what ..55 years no trophy??? you are young and can hang in there

IMO back ups dont matter since the big problem was MANAGEMENT

Woody SHOULD have done what Denver did to get S Payton and I posted this months ago>>fire Douglas and Saleh . Hand complete control to a proven Winner..HC/GM S Payton!!! he didn't have the Balls or Smarts to think Big

Getting Payton would have instantly made the Jets an Elite Player Magnet instead of an Asshole Magnet

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Payton brought in Mike Westhoff as his assistant HC in Denver. He was our guy, this was a perfect fit.

15. jcass10

jcass10 Well-Known Member

This board has gotten so whiny. I guess that's just what the offseason brings out of people

He's under contract with the Jets, what do you expect JD to say? Judge him by his actions, not what he says in planned press conferences.

He's trying to bring in Derek Carr or Aaron Rodgers. Any QB brought in for two years, effectively spells the end for Zach's tenure here. His option will be declined, and he'll go be a third string or practice squad player elsewhere.

JetFanInNE, SOJAZ, NOVAJET and 2 others like this.
  16. KingRoach

I think taking a break from the team is a great idea but you shouldn’t kick the can down the road. I think it would be better for everyone if you move on sooner rather than later.

17. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Hope there is a heaven and hope there is no Hell! Hope the Lord takes a break and gives us a FQB... besides making it to heaven.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  18. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Does it matter that much? I really don't think it does. Joe Douglas has turned out to be an excellent GM and the fact is, everyone misses on picks. No one is 100% in their picks. Now, I understand Zach is the very biggest pick he's made but I love how they are fixing Zach up. Zach is missing it between the ears because he has ZERO confidence. So Joe is doing the very best for the kid in response. He's trying to get him Aaron Rodgers. You couldn't possibly ask for a better role model and a guy that Zach idolizes. Aaron will help him build his confidence and trust his instincts. I think Aaron knows that will go with the job if he gets traded to the Jets. That's the very best you can do for Zach because the supporting cast is already there. The Jets have all the weapons.

So I understand this is definitely the last ditch effort to get the kid playing better. He will not get another chance after this. But the Jets are paying him peanuts in NFL terms and they have two more seasons for him to sit and attempt to build him up. That's fine by me and he'll be our third string QB anyway. I have no problem with this and neither should any Jets fan.....

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Come now, read between the lines! They are flying Woody into Indy specifically to meet Carr. They approached GB for Rodgers. JD is getting a new starting QB. Zach is now on the back burner, but JD is not going to shit all over the guy who is on the roster.

20. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

He pretty much did say that. Paraphrasing, but something like no one is happy about how things went with Zach's development last two years. I don't recall now, but it was crystal clear from the interview they are not counting on Zach in 2023. He is a backup at best if we get someone durable like Rodgers or Carr, or a third stringer. Trade is not out of the question either, if Zach can raise his value in preseason.

Jets79 likes this.