Jets to make Carr an offer.. Lets hope he takes it!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Feb 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It'd be easy if he did the in at 5am and out at 2:30pm routine. However I guess that wouldn't be football.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no, we weren’t discussing that. Why don’t you tell us how doofus woody is good salesman

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

No no, you responded to me saying something and called it a lie. Tell me how it was a lie. Clearly that means you have proof that the opposite of what I said occurred. I'm interested to hear your thoughts.

And a billionaire with power who is desperate to annoint someone the savior, which he basically did when he said his checkbook is open, has a fantastic sales pitch.

KingRoach and bicketybam like this.
  4. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Rush hour around here starts at 2 PM though, as I learned the other day!

5. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

They need to just sign Carr. Rodgers doesn't want to come here , he's stalling, hinting, doesn't want to. The jets will ABSOLUTELY REGRET IT, going after him like this. Carr is CLEARLY, the best option .

Jets OG fan, ouchy and NYJetsO12 like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

ok we will see how it works out. If Woody is a good salesman he will get it done with Carr.

I don’t think he’s the only billionaire owner though

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Scheduled to meet with the Panthers next week? This saga might take a while to conclude.

8. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

The problem is either you overplay for Carr a top 15 qb ,who does stay healthy and plays most of the time. I hear 35 mil per , I think it will be closer to 40 mil, the franchise is 34 million next yr. With Zack you have 50 million in qb salary the next 2 yrs and yet we could still have the worst qbs in our division

barfolomew likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Carr isn't better than Mac Jones? Holy shit, be real.

#269 bicketybam, Mar 1, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2023
  10. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

"Hey Derek Carr, you're going to love these locker rooms! They have honest to goodness air dryers! Xlerators! Only the best, Derek Carr!"

#270 abyzmul, Mar 1, 2023
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2023
  11. Br4d

The real problem with the QB melodrama this season is that it is another quick fix attempt.

This Jets team has never been a quick fix away from the Super Bowl and they're not a quick fix away now.

Realistically this team is 3 years from a Super Bowl if everything goes right. The OL gets fixed this season the right way with good young players. Breece Hall gets a season to recover from the knee as part of a RBBC with the expectation that he's back fulltime in 2024. The Jets get a decent veteran QB to let everything gel in 2023 and then they draft a QB in 2024 and he's maybe ready to go for a trophy in 2025 after watching our vet in 2024.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think Breece Hall is running already. He won't be back completely in 2023, but he will be back. No way a dude like that will just kick it and rehab during his entire second season.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  13. Br4d

He'll be back as part of an RBBC. There's very little chance that he or the Jets are going to put a major workload on that knee in 2023. Think maybe 180-200 carries tops. Probably not even that.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

When he took the Vikes to the NFC Championship game?

15. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

That was his next to last season. The next season he was not good. 11 td, 19 int in 13 games in which the team was 5-8

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Yeah... I always wondered what would have happened if he stayed with the Jets for his last two years.

Rex & Farve.... c'mon... woulda been epic. :p

17. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

My point was, he had an excellent year in his penultimate season, then out of nowhere fell off a cliff the next season. What are we going to do, trade for a guy, get one year out of him, then go out looking for another quarterback the following year? Fuck that noise, let’s get a guy we can maybe build around and actually expect to have around for multiple seasons!

Ralebird likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm not adverse to having Carr as a Jet. I watched every Raider game last year... I know what he's capable of.

Rodgers is a moon shot at the title.... and Woody ain't getting any younger.

19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Hmmm..I wonder if Vegas has odds which Team Carr and Rogers choose to ultimately sign with

Panthers New Orleans Indianapolis are the other teams right? So with Jets as team # 4 gives us only a 25% chance

Someone will reply and say the other teams have less talent or more Cap or visa versa but the Superstar QB will be his own Boss

So there's a 75 per cent chance we dont get Rogers or Carr

FTMR Br4d is 100 per cent right ..we need a miracle roster assembled around Carr or Rogers pronto ..and also other than maybe the new OC are coaches all suck and the Owner has the WORST reputation in the NFL. Does that sound like the Team you go for?? hahah

If my stats are wrong ..someone please tell me

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

As the Jets world turns.
    I can hardly wait for the Jets and the selected QB to reach and agreement, at which point probably at least 60% of the fans on this site can post why the selection of ( fill in the blank) is a bad idea and the myriad of imaginary and or real reasons as to why.
    My take is a little bit different, we have a damned good roster and can compete with anyone short of a QB and unforeseen injuries. We don’t need the best QB in the division, we damned near made the playoffs behind a decimated squad due to injuries and no QB. What we need is a QB that can provide adequate performance and superior leadership.
    We must continue to build around the draft and get a QB that can immediately make our talent base efficient if not better. BS with the rest.

bicketybam likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.