Joe Douglas press conference

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Feb 28, 2023.

1. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Very positive update. Get Carr done, JD.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

The bottom line with this team right now:

1) Jets are NOT, nor will they ever be, a playoff team with their current QB room. Simply not good enough and it will never change.

2) Because the Jets are such a good team aside from the QB, adding a veteran QB makes them a playoff team.

3) If this were just about getting to the playoffs, the Jets could add most any veteran QB and that would make them a playoff. They're very close and it won't take much.

4) No one can say definitively adding X QB makes the Jets a SB team. That's 100% blind faith. There's too many variables that go into teams when they play in the playoffs.

5) Jets fans, if they are educated and watching the games, know this is a very good team and a team that has the POTENTIAL to go to the SB. Like I said before, no one knows for sure, but the potential is certainly evident.

6) It's truly impossible to know which QB of the Jets two top choices, Rodgers and Carr, propels the team the farthest Because the compensation for said QB plays a role. With Rodgers you're giving up draft capital with Carr you're not. So both scenarios have pluses and minuses that figure into the equation.

7) Regardless, of who the Jets ultimately get, that QB MUST participate in a full offseason meaning OTA's and everything leading up to and including training camp. The QB won't know the team and vice versa. So if Rodgers wants to just come in to training camp and do nothing prior? That should be a deal breaker for Joe and Woody.

#22 NYJ1970, Feb 28, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2023
    barfolomew likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

They have two months to decide; why would anyone want to make a decision now? He'll get a physical and get on the field before any decision needs to be made.

Nyjets4eva and barfolomew like this.
  4. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

Based on what exactly? His one good draft where he selected the same players everyone else would have?

5. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Booo... go back to the frozen abyss from whence you came. Fell beast!

6. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Really? Chris simms didn’t have Wilson in his top five WR. Houston didn’t pick sauce with their pick. Breece was passed on by many teams and dropped into the second round. We can hate in JD plenty, but give him some credit for his hits. Jets GMs don’t have many.

7. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

Isn’t there a Buffalo Bills message board you could be spouting this idiocy on??

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I see you have stopped doing your impression of a Pats fan handing down football wisdom from the top of the mountain and have returned to being a dickweed troll.

That was quick.

9. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

As an organization, this decision should already be made, everything else is just a formality.

It’s amazing that his 5th year option is on table and he has not really been someone Jets could count on.

In my opinion a 5th year option on a player should not be a let’s wait and see if he might be able to help team. It should be automatic, let’s do it or we are moving on.

10. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Light a fire? How about Mekhi and the staff figuring out a wy to keep him on the field? I'm not satisfied with his medical prognosis. It's not discussed. All we seem to care about is his weight. What's up with his knees? Has he had two surgeries? Is it a chronic condition as was hinted the second time he went down?

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  11. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Aaron Rodgers reps walk up to the sweat lodge and hesitate by the flap. Finally one of them opens it up and leans in.

The sound of sobbing emanates from a dark corner. "Not the Jets... Anybody but the Jets... Get me a movie deal DAMMIT!!!"

12. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I kind of expect Joe to trade up for Skoronski. Not that I like his tendency to trade up, I just expect it.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

He's a bad GM. Trading up is like second nature for him because it makes the pick safer.

BTW, except for ZW he's managed to avoid huge pitfalls in the first round. He doesn't take guys who have no chance to work out like some GM's do. Aside from ZW of course.

14. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Says alot of nothing.... expects his hurt player to be ready. Well yea dude... can you count on them? maybe! Sign Carr, stop waiting for AR because in all likelihood he is going back to GB. AND Draft OLmen, period.

PS: His comments about ZW are to be to be taken with a grain of salt...or spurious at best. What the hell else is he supposed to say... yea he sucks, I fked up and we are going to eat his salary ..... Come on he is in a difficult situation... His HC, irrespective of his PC... benched him twice, His owner is touting him ... I mean...lets hope ZW has a FB epiphany and becomes lite AR but unlike CC and others, I have my "serious" doubts about him.