Jets to make Carr an offer.. Lets hope he takes it!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Cman68, Feb 20, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Talking to my buddy who is a Giants fan, we came to same conclusion.

End of my career, wife and 4 children, where would you go?

Money is probably going to be equal offer from teams. In the end it’s about quality of life.

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Between New Jersey and the Carolinas? Jersey will lose that one every time.

3. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

Charlotte is a nice city and a major airport hub, but it is pretty rural outside the city and internal traffic bad. Living in the hudson Valley very nice and can commute to stadium. As are the wealthy parts of westchester and conecticut. When you have the money you can carve out a great lifestyle anywhere

BrowningNagle, Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  4. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I would agree with him ending up in Carolina or another smaller market team (I'm surprised the Bucs haven't been players). I'd be surprised if he chose to be a big market QB based on the things we're hearing about him

5. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

as someone who lives in southern Connecticut, about 15 minutes away from Westchester, I can promise you no one in their right mind would sign up for that commute to the training facility every day of the week.

6. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Nah they not. Brown and Tatum are a true 1-2 punch. They have the guard depth between Smart/Brogdon and White too. I feel they have what it takes to win it all.

7. bleedgreen

I hav house in Northern westchester. I know all about traffic. But what stops a player from temporarily renting near facility

8. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

In season, most, if not all of the long-term players and coaches live around me in Florham Park, Madison, Chatham, or Morristown. Most of the fringe roster players get set up at the Archer Hotel right next to the facility in Florham Park.

Morris county is far better than Bergen county (where I grew up) in terms of living space and affluence. 10 of 10 would avoid if I were a player/coach. Nonsensical commute.

I used to frequent friends from college who lived in New Canaan Connecticut pretty much all summer while attending school. That side of the "Tappan Zee" bridge has been a nightmare for decades logistically. Would not want to deal with all of that commuting to the facility/stadium.

9. bleedgreen

The old tappan zee was a nightmare. However flow is much improved with the new cuomo bridge. Its where you go after the bridge that might cause problems.

10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Could be. Is interesting however that Carolina is extending Sam for two years and apparently looking for their future QB in the draft. Seems more like due diligence at this point.

Lon Chaney and Cman68 like this.
  11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Did they change the name back yet?

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Fair. But I was referring to the never-ending road construction in the areas around Tarrytown, White Plains and further north etc...

13. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Regardless, I thought it wasn't Cuomo anymore because of the sexual stuff...

14. BroadwayAaron

Owning property in southern Connecticut or Westchester and then also paying to live in New Jersey for more than half the year feels like nowhere near worth the investment just to play for the Jets

15. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

It's a fair point. But if a contract player really wanted to do that, the Jets have furnished luxury apartments at the building next to the Archer hotel they have paid for.

That being said, no one is going to own a home up north and commute down. Too inconvenient with the demanding schedule requiring them to be around the facility 24/7 in season. Off-season, it wouldn't make any sense to live up in Conn or Westchester unless they grew up there. Most players go back to where they grew up or more ideal areas of the country for off-season living.

This isn't to argue that parts of Westchester and Connecticut are not amazing places to live.

Red Menace likes this.
  16. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

True. On the other hand, Brady and many other high pay athletes chose to live wherever they want and play where they feel best for them. With hefty salary and write offs having more than one residency is the least of their concerns.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

When I lived in Dutchess County and had season tickets, I went over the Newburgh Beacon Bridge and took the Thruway to the GSP to 3. It took me a hair over an hour. Wasn't bad.

18. BroadwayAaron

I agree with all of this, I’m just saying I don’t think we should be pointing out Connecticut or Westchester as a selling point for this guy to join the Jets. He would live somewhere near the training facility and then go back home from February through July.

And between Carolina, New Orleans and Florham Park guess which one is the farthest from his actual hometown…

LAJet and Red Menace like this.
  19. Lon Chaney

Lon Chaney Well-Known Member

I haven't seen anything definite about the Panthers extending Darnold. I think that's a fall-back option.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I think Charlotte is boring and soulless myself.

But I dont think Carr's decision will be based on the cities, I think it will be a football decision. I wish the Jets would learn to sell football instead of the "NY" thing all the time. The Knicks make the same mistake every year. These guys are grown men, they are dedicated to their craft. Talk to them about that. Maybe a college kid would be wowed by the bright lights of NY

The Panthers will tell Carr they have a top 10 running game and a QB guru as HC. They will tell him they had a revolving door at QB and still almost won the division last year and that he is the missing piece. Getting to work with Frank Reich will revitalize his career.

Those are better selling points than "you could be a NY legend!" to a family man from Central California

Jets79 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.