Preferred Quarterback Poll

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ralebird, Feb 25, 2023.

?

Preferred Quarterback Poll

1. Jacoby Brissett

2. Derek Carr

3. Jimmy Garoppolo

4. Lamar Jackson

5. Aaron Rodgers

6. Ryan Tannehill

7. Zach Wilson

8. Other

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I voted Carr. I think all the options suck though If I'm honest.

Rodgers Isn't In his prime, would cost too much draft compensation for my liking.
    Carr could be (probably will be) an above average QB that will keep us stagnant for 3-5 years, setting us back from finding a true Top 10 QB.
    The rest, meh.

barfolomew and Jets79 like this.
  2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

How much draft compensation?

barfolomew and KingRoach like this.
  3. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I voted other because I don't think its time to desperately rush into a big expensive QB that will hinder our overall roster. I'd go for a developing guy like Davis Mills. He has potential and could learn to thrive in an offense that supports him the way we supported Zach. Costing only a million a year he's worth taking a chance on cause we could afford to be wrong.

Even better would be if the Rodgers to Atlanta speculation comes true. I'd love to poach Desmond Ridder from Atl for the same reasons listed for Mills.

These QBs still have potential to develop into the guy, while leaving us enough cash to improve the roster. If they dont pan out next year is the year to move on someone. The only reason were acting desperate and rushing into a big name is because our coach and GM are desperate. The path with the QBs listed is a maybe one and done season before the wheels start coming off our roster.

4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'd prefer Tannehill on a 2 year deal with a developmental mid rounds QB added to the mix. That leaves the Jets the option to draft a QB early in 2024 and have Tannehill around to start that season.

Carr is going to be an expensive multi-year deal that will preclude developing another QB. Rodgers is going to be a drama queen that precludes developing another QB effectively and also likely leaves us high and dry when all the drama is finished.

IIMeanDeanII and Cman68 like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

What if Payton 'recommends' us?

abyzmul, Cman68 and egbert souse like this.
  6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Hard to vote when we don't know the trade package for Rodgers, or if he's even available for trade.

7. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Rodgers is by far the best QB everyone is talking about. I just think the Packers will ask for way too much for a guy who is done with their organization.

Carr is the most cost-effective option.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Cosmo and NOVAJET like this.
  8. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I prefer Lamar Jackson, because it's a long term solution, but I just don't think he'll be an option. After that Rodgers and Carr are about even preference. I'd be okay with either one, but I'm leaning to Rodgers a bit, just for Zach Wilson's sake.

9. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

You do whatever you can to get Aaron Rodgers...
    Go look at his stats, he played hurt last year and was still a superior Qb to all on this list.

You might get him at a bit of a discount too vs if you tried 2 years ago.

Everyone else on this list is going to cost more than they are worth and disappoint Jets fans in time.

They are just not good enough, you are going to be locked in for a few years and you are overspending to get them.

Honestly if you can't get Rodgers, just roll with White/Wilson and draft another Qb (there are a few guys in round 3+ who are interesting prospects)...

if no one steps up, you draft a 1st round Qb in 2 years.

We get anyone other than Rodgers above and it's gonna be 3 years of solid football but no SB...

And all these guys are old and gonna get hurt/miss games too...

Have we not tried this routine before???

NOVAJET likes this.
  10. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Exactly…so much depends on the cost

I’d say Rodgers is my top choice as he is the highest ceiling, and from Woody’s viewpoint, I think he would energize the fanbase most and sell the most tickets and I think that’s part of Woodys thought process…for example I can’t see them thinking they can trot out someone like Brisset …the fanbase would be disgusted I think and I think woody listens to that

that being said, I’m not a huge fan of giving up serious draft picks to get Rodgers for a year or two along with his drama. So if it involves our first round pick this year, I’m probably out unless it’s something where we get their second round pick back…something like that, and I’d still be hesitant even then.

Carr is the next best option and at least we keep all our picks, but I see him as about an average to maybe slightly above average QB. A HUGE improvement from what we’ve had since Fitz for sure, but he’s not going toe to toe with Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, and the like and winning most of those I don’t think…he makes us a playoff team but not a championship team unless we build a more dominant defense and OL…but he is an improvement.

a lot of talk about mid round QBs …but we’ve tried that too and it hasn’t worked. We tried it with Bryce Petty and the Morgan kid more recently…and going back further we have the Kellen Clemons types too…we haven’t had any success there. There are a few around the league…Dak comes to mind, Russell Wilson, etc., but there aren’t many, and we’ve shown that we can’t develop QBs when they have the raw skills to become a first round pick, let alone a lesser prospect that didn’t have the skills to be drafted that high. I see this as a moon shot that has like a 1% of happening for us.

So not a lot of great options really…

NOVAJET likes this.
  11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I voted for Rodgers because he's the best quarterback on the list.
    He'd give us the best chance to win the Lombardi trophy... soon.

Do we have enough talent to make that happen?
    That I'm not so sure about... but it would be fun to watch.

Carr would be better than ok... but I don't think he gets us past the AFC's powerhouses.

NOVAJET likes this.
  12. Br4d

Aaron Rodgers hasn't gotten the Packers to a Super Bowl in a decade plus.

He's not going to get the Jets to a Super Bowl. Signing him on that basis is just another case of over-promising and under-delivering - which is something the Jets are All-NFL at.

13. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Rodgers over Carr for the sole reason that I think Hackett will ruin Carr.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You think Tannehill has a better shot?

Cman68 and NOVAJET like this.
  15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

This. Does he take us to a Super Bowl? Maybe maybe not, does he give us the best shot at winning the division, having nome playoff games and maybe a SB? Absolutely.

16. Br4d

There's a huge difference in expectations between signing Aaron Rodgers and Ryan Tannehill. That difference is not matched by the likely results of the two signings. Tannehill is just as likely to get the Jets to the big show as Rodgers, which is to say probably 100-1 given the other deficits in question. Any competent QB would have had a reasonable shot at getting the Jets to the playoffs last season. The same is going to be true this year as well. This assuming that the Jets don't sign more aging OL to fill the gaps as they are so fond of doing.

If you want to make a Super Bowl run you really need to be very good at organizing a competitive roster and then you need to get lucky. The Jets are not good at organizing a competent roster and they have no luck at all.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

How can we increase our luck? Should Woody invest in rabbits feet? What would be the best kind? Are there any Luck Experts out there?

18. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Anybody who thinks Aaron Rodgers minus at least one #1 draft pick (and maybe more) is getting us to the super bowl in his 1 to 2 year window needs to share whatever they are smoking with the rest of this forum.

carr gives us a proven above average QB who should at the least be solid for a four to five year window. Plenty of time for young pieces to improve.

no, Carr doesn’t get us to the super bowl by himself, but then again who does unless their initials are PM, but if we are good enough everywhere else Carr won’t be the stumbling block.

JetFanInNE, Ralebird and barfolomew like this.
  19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Vegas has us at +1400...

We might as well start Zach... :confused:

NOVAJET likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why then is your vote recorded as for "Other"?