Does adding D. Carr make the Jets a SB winner?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Feb 20, 2023.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Awful timing...

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

As it turns out, yes, but apparently he booked it like 8 months ago.

3. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Did you read the article from the post I quoted? It goes on about his high character and work ethic, but multiple times how he felt dejected and unloved by ownership, Gruden for a short while, and McDaniels, and how he was sulking each time. Carr didn’t have to go into dark seclusion, but maybe he should. He did, however, say that it will take weeks to make his final decision and nobody seems to bat an eye over it whereas Rodgers mentions 4 days of seclusion to pray and mull over his future and everyone was blasting him for his selfishness. Rodgers can handle our media because he’s an alpha personality that doesn’t care what the media says or thinks. Reading that article about Carr leads me to honestly wonder if the NY media will have him crying.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  4. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Explain the awful timing? How do exactly? 4 days was awful timing, what did you expect from him in those 4 days? Honestly, what do you want from him in those 4 days? Carr was here and left saying he will mull over all options, which takes weeks and that seems to have no effect on you wanting him at all. How selfish of Carr to not take our offer immediately and actually test the market, right?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. Cman68

Awful for the Jets, not for Rodgers.. Jets are hamstrung by not knowing what Rodgers' plans are. Green Bay the same. Carr is a FA so the Jets already know what Carr is going to do in '23, just not sure WHERE Carr will be playing. Green Bay doesn't know if Rodgers is staying, going or retiring. The Raiders already know Carr is gone. Honestly, I don't care if Rodgers stays in GB, retires, plays in Vegas or Jersey. I just hate waiting games. At least the Raiders were smart enough to pivot already.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  6. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

So a 39 y/o guy wants 4 days to contemplate his future after having one of the greatest careers of all time and this bothers you? Absolutely nothing happened in the league. Do you not think the Jets have already had multiple conversations with GB and Rodgers behind the scenes? You’re dismissing one of the greatest QB’s in history over Carr because you wanted Rodgers decision before 4 days?

7. Cman68

Wanna know what I really think? I think the Jets are gonna miss out on both Rodgers and Carr. They'll sell us on Jimmy Glass and if that falls thru, they go dumpster diving for Brissett or some other C-list QB. Until then, I'm out until some decision is made. Fuck the drama. There's Met baseball coming along with fishing season so, Rodgers can play or not play. Carr can sign with the Jets, or the Saints. All this up in the air shit is not for me..

Adios..

8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Carr is going to New Orleans. Rodgers is going back to GB for one more season.

Jets are going to Jet until I see otherwise.

All of this QB crap doesn't matter one whit until the Jets get their house in order by fixing the OL.

stinkyB, KWJetsFan and Cman68 like this.
  9. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

I don't see how it would be any different, but if I rip my XO in front of the entire company, I know he will hate me for HIS ENTIRE FUCKING LIFE.

I don't see how that is mopey whiney.

And am I one of these high emotional intelligence guy? If you've seen my past posts in the forum, you'd know better.

10. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Based on the article McDaniels ripped into everyone equally, including coaches. Others players seemed to appreciate the equality of accountability. If Carr can’t handle that how do you expect him to handle the NY Media and the pressures of this fanbase?

11. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

For me, Carr gives us a chance at winning the division as the team is currently set.

We're still a couple of peices away from a superbowl opportunity. However with how our division looks, we could compete well for the division with our current roster + Carr for the next 3 years.

We have Sauce, Breece, Garret, AVT, moore, both carter's all on rookie contracts for the next 2 years or more, we need to add talent and pay Q too.

Rodgers gives us the same opportunity but with higher wages, less years (at least one) and less draft capital.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Cman68, CotcheryFan and Ralebird like this.
  12. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Ripping everyone equally, in public, with a laundry list of how each and everyone sucks? Sign me up for it. I don't know if there is a better recipe for lockerroom detonation. (Read: McD's tenure at Denver.) It's not even about handling pressure. Humiliating your own QB in front of the entire team? McD can say whatever he will about how he was just offering constructive criticism. Not a single soul in that situation will take it as anything constructive - especially with the amount of responsibility at hand.

13. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

When did Aaron Rodgers' agent start posting here?

Cman68 and BrowningNagle like this.
  14. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

Yes