ESPN: Jets approach Packers for Rodgers Trade

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Feb 12, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If it's only a couple weeks and will be drama free afterward, then I agree. But given he is a douche, will it really play out that way?

2. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

When did Rodgers demand a trade?

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Irving disappeared from his team for two weeks for no good reason at all and defended his antisemitism before finally apologized. Harden also openly blamed him for the teams implosion and it came out that Irving was running practice the way he wanted and defied whatever his coach said in/out of games.

Rodgers said he’s going to take a couple weeks to figure out if he wants to play year 19.

Those are the same scenario?

KingRoach likes this.
  4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Packers might feel it is.

One off-season he threatens retirement so they give him $150 million contract only to see him do it again the very next offseason with a trade demand

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They had to give him $150 million?

He hasn’t requested a trade. The Packers are free to trade him if they’d like.

KingRoach likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

of course they didn’t have to. But they did, expecting a little loyalty or at least a contractual obligation. Rodgers didn’t have to sign the extension ya know

you are right, he hasn’t requested a trade… yet. I was speculating a future in which he did come back and ask to go to our Jets. Maybe he won’t. I hope he doesn’t

barfolomew likes this.
  7. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

To me it's more that he lied about it. But ignore the cuckoos who are stuck on politics.

I just want the wait to be over. Either carr or rodgers. Just pick one and make it happen. Either one will help us win more games. I def want carr though. He comes without costing us draft assets.

8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Truly fucking amazes me how we have so many guys here with their panties in a wad hanging onto to all the useless conjecture comments that know-nothings "say" for attention...... ooooh oooh a "tweet"

9. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Yes. Every single report I’ve heard is speculation. Even the last 24 hours. Nobody knows jack

stinkyB and Ralebird like this.
  10. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

This is you projecting your feelings as a fan onto the Jets owner and GM. They aren't living the "waiting game" the way fans are and they aren't starved for news like we are. The fact that no news has come out in a couple of weeks is exactly what was expected, and no one will care about any of the waiting game, the anti vax comments, the potential retirement talk, or any else of his drama if he's throwing dimes and winning games. We haven't had a quarterback anywhere near as talented as Rogers does since Favre (pre injury.) I would argue that Rogers is even better. I would welcome the drama and him sparring with the "tough" NY media if he comes here. It would be the most anticipated season since 2010, hell maybe even 1999, and with Rogers we have the chance to actually win something.

ColoradoContrails and NOVAJET like this.
  11. Jets OG fan

Jets OG fan Well-Known Member

I could seem them having an open competition between Jordan Love & Brock Purdy if they made that trade. All things considered, that's not bad at all, considering the Packers have to commit to a young QB within a couple years, regardless

#231 Jets OG fan, Feb 24, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 24, 2023
    ouchy likes this.
  12. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Boomer went from Rodgers is not going to the Jets to a complete flip today. Now he's saying Rodgers to Jets.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Reading all of these comments from whatever whack job podcast he was on… Fuck this. Sign carr today and let this guy figure it out either in Green Bay or somewhere else. Imagine repeating this next off-
    season

JetFanInNE likes this.
  14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I think it’s funny that the media “insiders” are trying so hard to tell us what AR will do when in fact AR doesn’t even know himself at this point.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He's trolling EVERYONE.... and getting all kind of bites. No tackle needed

LAJet and Cman68 like this.
  16. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Well Mr rogers finally spoke... what I found interesting is this tidbit.....

One particular comment by Rodgers was interesting as it pertains to the New York Jets. “It’s best for anybody who has an interest in this to make a decision sooner rather than later,” Rodgers said. This can be interpreted as a subtle message to the Jets, who have shown interest in Derek Carr but are seemingly waiting on Rodgers’ decision to determine whether they want to move forward with Carr.

Look we allknow he is the better QB by far...but why would you wait for someone that is still unsure about his status. Move on or you maybe looking a plan C, D, E

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm starting to get the feeling Woody Johnson is the main obstacle to a resolution here. He wants his Superstar QB and just like the WSS, he's not flexible on it. If he can't have Rodgers? he might just blow up the entire plan as I doubt he'll be happy with a C-list QB. JD is in a tough spot for sure. This is when he'll earn his stripes or not..

stinkyB and SOJAZ like this.
  18. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think Woody will be happy with either Rodgers or Carr. Both have positives and negatives. And it's not like Carr is some has been.

ColoradoContrails and Cman68 like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You know what happens when Woody doesn't get his way.. The last time that happened, we wound up in the Big AC in Jersey instead of a Jet stadium in a different part of NY.

20. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Boomer doesnt make things up. He said he is hearing Rodgers wants Jets.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.