Does adding D. Carr make the Jets a SB winner?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Feb 20, 2023.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

When was the last time we called for the head of a QB who wasn't bottom 5?

papapump, Ralebird and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There’s barely been a criticism of Wilson that hasn’t been met with a smart ass comment or a contest since we drafted him, bro. And there’s only a couple culprits here.

abyzmul and Ralebird like this.
  3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He could at least provide stability at the position while the search for someone who can take us to a Super Bowl goes on. Like what Smith did for the Chiefs.

Jets79 likes this.
  4. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

5. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Honestly, I think this is a brilliant response and one that's hard to argue with. Good post.

papapump likes this.
  6. NYJ1970

The defense needs to do two things that they ultimately failed on over the season:

1) Get off the field on 3rd down. Jets defense had to be one of the very worst defenses in 3rd down conversions. That must change IMO if they are truly a championship defense.

2) Generate more turnovers. Earlier in the season the Jets defense was forcing our opponents into turnovers. So it's no coincidence we were 7-4 through 11 games. Later on the Jets defense couldn't buy a turnover and therefore it's no coincidence the Jets lost their last 6 straight.

ColoradoContrails and Br4d like this.
  7. NYJ1970

But we're always going to talk about constructing a SB team and that will never stop. Hence the conversation we're having now....

8. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

We are still a safety, 1-2 OL, and a run stopping DL away from making a serious run

9. NYJ1970

What I'm ultimately confident in saying is that I believe because the Jets have such a nice young footprint going, that adding EITHER Carr or AR makes the Jets a playoff team.

I also happen to think regardless of who our QB is there are no guarantees of a SB win. All you can do is guarantee yourself a spot in the tournament.

From there, there are a lot of factors that go into winning a championship; coaching, health of the team, running game, etc. Just to name a few.

So really the question IMO is which QB do you believe puts us in the best position to win in the playoffs in 2023?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I wish it was that simple however the AFC East is fairly talented at this point and I think the Jets just get a shot at the playoffs with one of the top QB adds. I think the shot is similar with a Tannehill add.

The Jets could add a secondary QB who has proven he can start and they'd have a similar chance at making the playoffs. The opponents are as much a factor as the QB the Jets add although if they add nobody they probably have very little chance of making the playoffs.

11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Yeah…I don’t know much about the detail but I know enough to think McDaniels is a prick. He failed in Denver and then what he did to Indy shows his true character, which is total absolute shit. He alienated that Denver team and it sure feels like he’s going down the same path in LV…again no facts or tidbits just my general feeling. I would want no part of McDaniels as my HC ever…

12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

His role model is Bill Belichik. That forgives a lot of interpersonal sins.

13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

As suspected Carr is a very nice high morals guy. But how the fuck on earth do we expect his mopey whiny ass handle the NY pressure if he couldn’t handle McDaniels riding him? We’re worried about how Rodgers handles the media when this article makes it sound like Carr regularly has the saddies when football coaches get mean.

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

When did Carr go whiny and mope? When did Carr have to go into dark seclusion for days to make a decision? Please help us out and show us one example of Carr whining and moping in the media. I would be curious.

bicketybam and JetsNation06 like this.
  15. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Not that it really pertains to the significance of your statement but Rodgers is on record saying before his darkness retreat that it had nothing to do with him making a decision, it was simply something some friends of his did that he thought would be a cool opportunity. Apparently it's pretty popular, I was reading there was an 8 month wait time at the facility he went to and they are expanding. Again has nothing to do with whether Carr is a little bitch or not lol.

Cman68 likes this.
  16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing. Carr never struck me as whiney or mopey. I understand not wanting the guy for football reasons but this is getting out of hand. Nothing personal, NJJets. I just don't understand your comment concerning Carr.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Same for Rodgers really. Both guys are getting crucified here by some for no reason. I understand preference for each by some, but to me we would be lucky to have either and would get a massive upgrade. It's what's beyond them is what worries me.

ColoradoContrails and NOVAJET like this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

So if I'm tracking correctly, Rodgers went into seclusion because it was a fun thing to do? His timing could have been a bit better as far as holding up both GB and the Jets making plans. Then again, he probably didn't GAF about either team and just wanted to have some fun.

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Probably, I wouldn't give a fuck either. It's his life/decision, no QBs have been signed or moved, the urgency is more fan/media based than reality. If the facility has an 8 month waiting list and he said it was a great "opportunity" maybe the timing was simply coincidence and yes, fun/self reflection/meditation whatever, it's what he's into.

Cman68 likes this.
  20. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Cman. The guy just finished a rough season where he played hurt. He's not a FA. He probably knows Carr isn't going to make a decision anytime soon either. I'm not sure that his retreat was "fun" per se. But it's something that he wanted to do to better himself spiritually and mentally. I'm not going to hold that against him. I know plenty of people who meditate. I'm not sure any of them consider it a fun recreational actually activity.

The whole waiting thing is frustrating but these players are people. I know some don't care for Rodgers in a personal level but disliking him for practicing a spiritual and mental exercise isn't really a good look. Just my personal opinion.