Derek Carr will visit with the Jets this weekend

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NOVAJET, Feb 17, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^ BillsOverJets. . Cool username...

BUFFALO: . a/k/a . "EERIE-ON-ERIE"

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Buffalo, . the road to nowhere..............................
    [​IMG]

"Buffalo!...this stop is Buffalo!...next stop, Hell.."
    [​IMG]

Buffalo: "Where excitement was invented!"
    [​IMG]

Buffalo, the armpit of NYS

[​IMG]

#121 joe, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2023
    bicketybam likes this.
  2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Carr is a compelling argument. Looking at his stats he certainly would be the best QB we've had probably since Favre at least - on paper. But as I've said many times, stats aren't the whole picture and they often blur the reality. I haven't seen enough of DC, but it's troubling that he hasn't taken his teams farther than he has. Yes, I understand all the other things like coaching changes, weak defenses, etc. had a part in that, but if he's really as good as his stats imply, he would've found a way once in a while to carry his team. Maybe not, but I can't shake the feeling that he's Mr. Mediocre.

And I think BillsOverJets makes a good argument: if we sign him it's for at least 4 years, and for better or worse, he's going to block any new QB coming in during that time, which means goodbye Zach (Hold the cheers down boys!), and not trying to draft a FQB for the near future, and Carr isn't a FQB. So we'd be creating a situation where we're letting the "Good" prevent us from achieving the "Excellent".

I'm not going to cry if they sign Carr. Getting a good upgrade over what we've had for over a decade, and a good shot at at least making the playoffs isn't something to dismiss lightly, but I still prefer Rodgers for 2 years and letting them try to resurrect Zach into the future FQB, or at worst, being free to draft a guy they think can be a FQB.

azhar80 and barfolomew like this.
  3. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

I’m with you. Carr had ridiculous weapons last season and did squat. And your defense can only be so bad if your offense is keeping them off the field. Rather have Jimmy G on short deal or AR 12

LAJet likes this.
  4. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I hope to god we sign carr.

5. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

This invalidates the rest of your points, sir

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

With Brady's retirement and Mahomes seamlessly replacing him as the NFL's next Golden Boy and the Bills building a new stadium, a Super Bowl for the Jets may not appear to be in the cards anytime soon. We'll keep Burrow out of this for now since he plays for a team which, like the Jets, is just another whipping boy the league uses to help prop up their can't miss heroes. Carr will sell some tickets and merch while keeping playoff starved Jets fans interested enough, hopefully late into the season. In other words, you would have the same chances of winning a championship with Carr as you would if you just took a stab in the dark - zilch.

Coming out of the dark, Rodgers to the Jets makes little sense, especially if the all mighty NFL AI bot were trying to set up a Rodgers vs. Mahomes Super Bowl for AR's final curtain call. It is these types of matchups which the league covets, as they have the potential to generate the largest amount of interest and offer the opportunity to have two of the all time greats pass the torch, or whatever it is they do. Now, if Rodgers ability is shot and has seen better days, then a cameo appearance by him in Jets green would begin to make more sense. Hard to see the league gifting another trophy to Rodgers, as they did to an absolutely atrocious and unwatchable Peyton Manning in his final season.

7. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Send them a round of Jameson

KingRoach likes this.
  8. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

By bills over jets logic, Josh Allen is a loser too.

If I'm JD and Saleh, I've got one thing on my mind and that's how to win the division. Who gives us the best chance to win the division for the next 3 years.

The team, HC and GM can't afford to be back on the QB market this time next year if Rodgers will be retiring.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

9. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Yeah, but who thinks that far ahead?

barfolomew likes this.
  10. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

When you account for all the other starting QB’s in the league Carr is definitely top ten.

blackssmagic likes this.
  11. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

So where in this thread are raider fans’ the least bit upset they are losing their franchise Qb?
    https://raiderforums.com/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18592&start=16650

Do you think most Lion fans were upset when Stafford was traded? And this guy is being released. Let go for nada

This will be a major disappointment

12. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I might buy into this narrative if I didn’t know Carr has the 14th most 4th quarter comebacks in the history of the NFL with 27 and 33 game winning drives.

How can someone not be clutch or “wilt in crunch time” and have 1 fewer GW drive through 9 seasons than Brett Favre had in his whole career?

I get a lot of people prefer Rodgers to Carr, and I understand that thought process to an extent but the Carr slander has reached unprecedented levels in this thread.

No, Carr will never be Mahomes, Burrow, Allen, etc. but he’s a borderline Top 10 QB that more than half of the league would love to have under center. I find it hilarious that a large portion of this fan base is turning their nose up at Carr to wait for a 40 year old QB that might decide he’d rather be a game-show host while he’s in the middle of a 4 day darkness retreat.

blackssmagic, SOJAZ, papapump and 6 others like this.
  13. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

If he said he was going to take 4 days to pray with his family would it make you feel better? A darkness retreat is just another form of meditation/prayer. I guess to people who believe in that nonsense, going on an introspective quiet self reflection for a few days would seem really out there.

azhar80 likes this.
  14. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Why are we thinking like this though??

Did having Alex Smith stop the Chiefs from drafting Mahomes?

Did having Favre stop the Packers from drafting Aaron Rodgers?

Having a good-great QB already in place does not preclude anyone from drafting QBs to develop behind said QB. If anything, trading multiple premium assets for Rodgers would set us back farther in terms of trying to find our Top 5 FQB going forward because we’d have fewer assets to try and move up for our guy.

15. AG3

AG3 Well-Known Member

Carr reminds me of Stafford situation. Stuck with a horrendous franchise for 9-10 years and then traded to a ready to win team.

Stafford won a title and made it fully worth while for the Rams. People said the same thing about Stafford. That he can’t win big games, bla bla bla.

papapump, JetFanInNE, azhar80 and 6 others like this.
  16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Anyone thinking like that isn't serious about Carr being the Jets future QB. If you're asking random silly hypotheticals like how this will prevent the Jets from drafting another QB years from now then your head is somewhere else and not on the Jets QB room for '23. Diversionary tactic, nothing more.

barfolomew and KY Jets Fan like this.
  17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Hey, that's his business what he does with his time and his life. He shouldn't expect other people to wait on him to emerge from the darkness with some new insight into what he wants to do. His name is Aaron Rodgers, not Moses. If the Jets are smart, they don't wait on AR just like they shouldn't wait on ZW either. Time is not on their side in this instance as Carr will get snapped up. Rodgers decides he want to retire or stay in GB and the Jets are fckd again. I would move on Carr and IF Rodgers wants to play in NY when he's done doing his Punxsutawney Phil imitation , that's when you consider a pivot. Under no circumstance should they wait on AR. He's not the legend he used to be anyway.

blackssmagic, SOJAZ, papapump and 3 others like this.
  18. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

stealth post of the day

Jets-N-Terps and barfolomew like this.
  19. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

In all fairness, these are Raiders fans.

20. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

That's a good comparison, i think it may be valid.

JetFanInNE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.