How's your Smoothie game?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Feb 3, 2023.

1. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Same here. I would love to try it, but it would be torture. That does suck about spinach too, we have it probably twice a week.

stinkyB likes this.
  2. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

I'm on a whole 30 diet currently, and it's pretty much the same as keto but a little more restrictive. No dairy or grains to go with everything else.

It works. I am already down like 15 pounds just over halfway through. I do these when I feel like I'm starting to get fat, and it's a nice reset.

I do love food, and this diet makes food very boring... But it's only 30 days. Id say a big part of these diets is you just eat less because you have less options.

3. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Mix it into the food of someone that you want to kill by constipation.

4. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I've never been on any sort of diet, just Focus on food that makes you feel good (after eating) than just tastes good.

*but beer is my vice.... so delicious, and makes me feel good.... until the morning

5. stinkyB

I cut it with bourbon...

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It only makes sense to do so. The broth has electrolytes in it to balance out the headache.

7. JackBower

I like basically anything, except sweets.. Just not my thing... And pickles those are disgusting. But mostly yes I'll eat things that aren't real heavy, but there are times when I just want grease and it's amazing. I'm also fortunate that my wife eats very healthy and is a really good cook.

Same with beer for be, I don't drink liquor. So not drinking beer alone for thirty days I'll lose over ten pounds probably.

stinkyB likes this.
  8. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

My hernia was about the size of a tennis ball. They can get as big as a mellon. We moved to the Philippines a few years ago so it was just a four hour flight. Some people go to the same hospital from the U. S. and Europe. I went there because I didn't want a mesh. I knew somebody who had to have their hernia mesh taken out because she had some very serious problems with it. She died a few months later.

Hernia surgery without mesh can also be problematic and it's not even available here and even in the U.S. it's very hard to find a doctor who does it. The doctor I went to has probably the best track record. And it was very cheap too. $2000 which included eight tests.

abyzmul likes this.
  9. coloradojet

I hadn't lost any weight after five months of intermittant fasting. I started to lose weight and my arthritis started to get better after my first three day fast and then even more so after my five day fast. They were both very hard to do but gave me results that I could see. I don't know how much the IF helped with my cholesterol and tryglicerides but combined with the three day fast both made a big difference.

I started by eating my last meal at 8pm and then I moved it to 6pm. I now eat breakfast and eat my last meal between 2-5pm. I take a day or two off each week.

Eating late at night it's not that good. Also the less sugar and carbs you eat, the better. The keto diet works because you eat few carbs.

#49 coloradojet, Feb 19, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
  10. abyzmul

Wow that's scary. I had an umbilical hernia corrected about 25 years ago in the service and they gave me the choice of mesh or no mesh. I went with the latter. I guess I chose wisely.

11. abyzmul

This isn't the right place to put this, but anyway... I'm was browsing Amazon this morning and it looks like someone came up with an ingenious way to shred chicken:

[​IMG]

I wonder what they were doing when they came up with this idea?

12. stinkyB

13. JackBower

Hopefully they didn't test this idea on their weed grinder

#53 JackBower, Feb 19, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi my friend. Thanks for the details. I am planning to follow your footsteps. What is three day fast? Can you dumb this fasting thing down for me?

Let me target a start day of February 27th Monday. What time do I eat what time do I stop eating? In a way, can you map out the week for me for the week of February 27th?

#54 Brook!, Feb 19, 2023
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2023
  15. coloradojet

I post what I learned mostly on youtube and from personal experience. You said you have done intermittent fasting. So you may be ready for a 1-3 day fast. I went from IF straight to a three day water fast.You can keep going as long as you can up to 72 hours. If you cannot do 72 hours you can try again. Drinking enough water is very important and it helped me to keep going when I was hungry.

To start you can eat your last meal at anytime of the day to start your fast and eat 72 hours later. I ate my last meal at 8pm to start my first three day fast. 24 hours later I was incredibly hungry but I managed to go to sleep without eating. I drank some apple cider vinegar and pink himalayan salt which made my hunger go down a lot. I did that again when I felt really hungry. Drinking black coffee and/or green tea with nothing in it also helps when you're hungry. I used drink regular black coffee and I recently switched to decaf. Some say it's better to fast without caffeine. I think starting your fast at 8pm is better so that it will be a little easier to go to sleep the following night. The 2nd and 3rd day I was still very hungry but not as much.

It's important to take some electrolytes during the fast or you could feel very tired. I take about one teaspoon of pink himalayan salt which has electrolyte minerals, some potassium citrate and about 100mg of magnesium. If you take a regular dose of magnesium which is 400-500 mg you can get diarrhea after the 2nd day. That happened to me.
    Redmond salt has an electrolyte supplement with potassium and right amount of magnesium.

Also, when you break your fast you shouldn't have any salt, carbs or fat. It's best to break your fast with any kind of protein, chicken lean steak fish or protein powder. If you spike your insulin after a long fast it can cause an electrolyte inbalance in the blood and inside the cells. Two hours after you break your fast you can eat as you wish.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...gQFnoECA0QAQ&usg=AOvVaw0VXzUCCN-e-lCxL93RNhsj

https://www.amazon.com/NOW-Potassium-Citrate-180-Capsules/dp/B001AWWC1W/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?crid=3D6SDKDRP13SK&keywords=now+potassium+citrate&qid=1676889095&sprefix=now+potasdium+,aps,326&sr=8-1

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...4QFnoECC4QAQ&usg=AOvVaw2DIWkGMROAEtqJr3kxngjw

#55 coloradojet, Feb 20, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2023
    Brook! and abyzmul like this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Saw this in the grocery store and decided to give it a try as it might help the smoothie game.

[​IMG]

I rawdogged a cup of it and it’s pretty damn good and pretty healthy all in. Not a lot of fat or sugar. Just bananas, water and sunflower seeds.

17. abyzmul

My definition of "rawdog" might be a little different than yours.

Banana milk could be a game changer though.

A smoothie game changer.

stinkyB likes this.
  18. stinkyB

or you could just toss a banana and sunflower seeds into the blender ;)

19. Jonathan_Vilma

You can rawdog anything or anyone you want these days.

20. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Truly this is the time of miracles.

abyzmul likes this.