How's your Smoothie game?

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by abyzmul, Feb 3, 2023.

1. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Yessir ; )

whip up a smoothie & tonic and listen to .....

[​IMG]

#21 joe, Feb 4, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

I use the Turmeric capsules, they add Triphala powder and black pepper extract which helps the body absorb it. Boswellia extract and alpha lipoic acid help with the inflammation also.

stinkyB and abyzmul like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Pretty solid smoothie to start a monday morning!

4. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Who's fat?

[​IMG]

5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

6. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

7. stinkyB

That "event" was not so smoooooth

8. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

A lot of good things in that smoothie. Have they made any difference in your health?
    The bullet proof coffee guy and many others say that spinach and kale have oxalates which can cause kidney stones. He says kale also has thallium which he says is more toxic than lead.

I used to take a wheat grass supplement and vitamins for years and still came down with arthritis. The only thing that made a big difference for me has been fasting. I got many health benefits from it. After six months of 16-22 hours of fasting and a three day fast my tryglicerides dropped from 350 to 182, my HDL went up from 40 to 56 and my LDL went down 20 points. After one more year of fasting, three five days fasts and about 15 two day fasts my triglicerides went down to 84, HDL up to 61 and LDL down another 20 points. Plus my arthritis is much better and can jog without running out of breath plus some other benefits. It was very hard in the beginning but it got easier over time. It's still hard to do some days.

A lot of people are saying that the keto and carnivore diets have made a huge difference in their health and they're much easier to do than fasting. They say carbs and sugar spike your insulin which causes problems.

9. abyzmul

That's good info about spinach and kale. I don't overload with them but I like to have them represented in most of the blends, I'll probably start lessening the amount I use.

I use the smoothies mostly in conjunction with workouts, and when I try to work out after having a standard meal, I can feel a profound difference in energy and recovery time, so it has made a difference. I already have a very low body fat so fasting might not be the best choice, or are there still benefits?

10. stinkyB

Yeah, the fasting can help cleanse out the junk in your body (not that I do it, I'm hungry all the time) but I probably should on occasion.... I'm sure my liver and kidneys would appreciate it.

Hope that's not true about spinach, I eat almost as much as popeye

abyzmul likes this.
  11. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

You probably don't need to fast if you eat clean healthy foods and are in very good shape and don't have any health problems. One 24
    hour fast generates new intestinal stem cells and kills off the bad bacteria in your gut and makes the good bacteria grow. One three day fast regenerates new white blood cells to replace the old white blood cells so it's good for your immune system.

I traveled to South korea last month to get an hernia operation so two weeks before the operation I did a three day fast and the following week a two day fast. I did the three day fast to strengthen my immune system so that I wouldn't catch any virus or flu. I started sneezing on the flight back but it happened only about five times and when I got home I just got some mild nasal congestion which bothered me only when going to bed for a few nights. I didn't get any other symptoms. When my wife catches the flu it lasts for more than a week . I get rid of it in a day or two. We give our eight old three homeopathic medicines when he comes down with a cold or cough and they usually go away in a day or two.

#31 coloradojet, Feb 18, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2023
  12. abyzmul

Thanks for all that. It must have been some hernia to fly all the way to South Korea for an operation.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Since we’re going down the health path with this thread I started drinking a cup of either chicken or beef bone broth to start my day rotating every 3-4 days on which type. Both have a lot of health benefits supposedly and a lot of different types of folks drink it (athletes, models, etc.). It’s best absorbed on an empty stomach.

https://bluebirdprovisions.co/blogs/news/best-bone-broth

[​IMG]

The chicken goes down fine. The beef is a struggle. Only started a couple weeks ago but I notice some good energy benefits as well as feeling fuller after lunch.

Brook! and stinkyB like this.
  14. stinkyB

I'm actually having chicken soup I made from scratch right now...... made a gallon (well before it steamed off) starting with the leftover bones from a Costco rotisserie chicken (and a bunch of farmstand veggies in the fridge that were close to spoiling).... made it 3 days ago. It tastes better each day since

15. Dierking

Do you just guzzle the broth straight?

16. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I got no smoothie game. I am your typical beer drinking Fat Slub with liver disease and Diabetes. True story :(

Acad23 likes this.
  17. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Hi my friend. How is your fasting different than Intermittent Fasting? Your results are great. I do Intermittent Fasting but it doesn't help me much. My triglycerides are around 250 even though I take Lipitor.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Of course you guzzle it straight. Unless you’re a bitch.

19. Dierking

Ha. Someone just moved out of an apartment my wife owns and left a bunch of bone broth and a fuck ton of some goopy communist organic supplement powders. Trying to figure out what to do with it all.

20. joe

joe Well-Known Member

Whoa!...liver disease and alcohol don't mix - you know that.

[​IMG]

The wet head is dead. . Dr's RX: yummy gummies for the tummy; you'll sleep like a mummy
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Brook! likes this.