Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I was looking at the last 5 Super Bowls, and the truth is you can win a Super Bowl in many ways at QB.

-Nick Foles got hot and won the Eagles a Super Bowl with a great team around him.

-Tom Brady won for the Patriots, with a great defense and minimal offense.

-Patrick Mahomes won for the Chiefs, he was a 1st Round draft pick, who became a star for the Chiefs. He is the ideal.

-The Buccaneers signed an old vet in Tom Brady, paired with a strong defense, won the Super Bowl.

-The Rams traded for former #1 pick Matthew Stafford and won the Super Bowl with a STACKED roster.

-Now the Chiefs with Mahomes and Eagles with Hurts, both drafted their QB's and built great rosters to get to the Super Bowl.

The Jets tried the Chiefs/Eagles way with Sam Darnold and Zach Wilson and it has not worked. Now it looks like they will try the old vet route with Rodgers or Garoppolo. We will see. They don't need that though. They just need solid QB play to give themselves a chance.

Br4d, BleedJetsGreen1981 and papapump like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

IIMeanDeanII and BrowningNagle like this.
  4. Cman68

We've had 50+ years of darkness. We could write a thesis on the effects of extended darkness.

5. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Do you think AR can lift us from the darkness for at least a year or two.

6. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Yes, but I think dreams of a SB with him are pie-in-the-sky. Nevertheless, for a franchise that has basically defined the word "loser", having a winning record for one or two years will go a long way to building a strong attitude, character and foundation. As many greats have said, you have to learn how to win in this league. Rodgers can be a great teacher, even if for only a year or two.

7. Cman68

I really don't know.. He didn't look all that special when we played them. No "wow" passes, no Churchillian leadership exhibited. Just a guy that was great once. Besides, what's the point of a two year window anyway? Trying to buy time for Zach Wilson obviously so again, it still comes down to salvaging Zach Wilson instead of what's best for the Jets.

westiedog1 and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If they salvage ZW wouldn't that be "best for the Jets"?

9. Cman68

If they could figure out cold fusion, that would be best for the entire planet too. Look, I'm saying cut all the bullshit. Just hire any QB who can keep a seat warm until some day Zach Wilson can become a FQB. They would be much more believable if they went after Jimmy Glass and made Zach QB2.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  10. ColoradoContrails

But the ones engaging in all of the speculation are the fans, not JD and Saleh, right? And if the fans didn't have bullshit to feast on, like mushrooms, they'd wither and die.:D

Cman68 likes this.
  11. Cman68

Its the offseason and the media needs news to earn a paycheck. The Jet FO could have simply tamped all this down but they're as complicit as the media in all this. The drama keeps the Jets relevant and keeps the focus off the 6 game losing streak at the end of '22.

IIMeanDeanII and westiedog1 like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

That's true.

IIMeanDeanII and westiedog1 like this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I believe the following points to be a reflection of what the Jets organization is most likely thinking
    A) They are painfully aware and on the hook to the fact that neither Zach nor the CS did a proper job in the development of the QB position
    B) From the ownership on down they feel this team is good enough for a strong playoff run with a better QB and one more solid draft/ free agency
    C) The leadership is still 100% committed to see if they can fix that glaring mistake and give Zach all the help and every chance for him to turn it around this year and may be even next. But not as a starter.
    D) As such they want a vet with a shorter window until they can thoroughly evaluate both Zach and a rookie QB from this years draft as a long term solution
    Which in reality IMO makes Carr less of a target than either AR (which brings the largest cost/trade impact and social baggage) or JG who brings the risk of durability, or maybe more of a game manager like Tannehill or equivalent.
    Now, from a fan base perspective the thinking varies all over but mostly completely opposite. Bring in Carr, nail down the position for the next 4 years and Zach is the wild card.

14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Doesn't seem like too much of a sense of urgency but obviously they want to know sooner than later.

15. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

It's just a month. What can happen in a month?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

IMO you skipped over Hurts a little too quickly. He was a 2nd rd pick the Eagles were willing to part ways with 2 years ago. Like Josh Allen he worked hard to overcome his shortcomings and is now in the MVP conversation.

You are right. The Jets have shown they are unable to develop a QB; it’s time to bring in proven talent and take advantage of our rookie contract talent.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

The moon completes a full cycle maaaaannnn....

Br4d, Brook! and Cman68 like this.
  18. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

I don't understand why the poll is pro AR. He will eat up around 60 million in cap space and we still have to rebuild the OL. I am in more in line to try Mike White or Carr but I aint willing to kill our cap space which is extremely limited and get a prima dona who is on the back 9 of his career.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Because he gives us the best chance to compete for a SB and that's all most of us gaf about. He will be cheaper than most starting QBs, his cap hit this year is around 15mil, cap increases exponentially year to year so not worried about cap. 1 year removed from back to back MVP's so back nine does not worry me. Giving up picks? We have had 16 1st round picks since we made the playoffs... Prima dona, meh he's a bit weird but whatevs.

20. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Yeah, I've soured on the the AR idea. It's going to eat a lot of our cap, probably draft assets as well. It has potential to really damage this team further, leaving this team worse off. There Is risk Involved. AR didn't look all that good last year, he's older, constantly contemplating retirement, etc....

It's just not worth It unless we won the Super Bowl with him and the odds of that happening are extremely low.

I envy those of you that are actually excited about all of this drama-circus like atmosphere this team has now created for all of us because they missed wildly at QB.

For me, I just think this Is a huge waste of time and potential setback. Par for the course. SOJ like vibes.

Fuck, Woody Johnson.

abyzmul likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.