The State of the Jets... where they are...

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by burf, Jan 29, 2023.

1. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Perhaps I'm wrong, but I really think most of the jet players don't LIKE Zach Wilson. $35M guaranteed before he takes a snap. Takes no responsibility in losses. Can never move the chains. Notice how happy they all were when White got the start? The day they move Zach will be the day that morale improves. :D

2. burf

burf Well-Known Member

We'll disagree, especially on the "all" & "never" things.
    I think the money is a none-issue... all players understand 1st-round picks, & QBs get the most money.
    I've noticed how happy some were, when MW played.
    I know you think that most dislike him, but that doesn't make it true.
    I've seen Zach move the chains on numerous occasions.
    Yup, Zach seemed overly immature, cocky, & arrogant, which was one reason I wasn't hot on drafting him... the spoiled rich kid thing.
    But, judging from what I've seen since his "no, no," comment, he seems to have been humbled.
    We'll see how much, when/if he gets on the field in meaningful games.

westiedog1 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Mo money
    Mo problems

abyzmul likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes..some good points taken

If you dont know what to make of Saleh well join the Club lol

Agree that he and Ulbricht improved our Defense ..our strong point tbh. But where was the Coaching there when the 6 game slide commenced ..The D wasn't showing up and we know the Offense never showed up this year and the games we won were obviously flukes and gimmes by teams starting their sub QBs etc

You say this >>"I do believe the Jets are a competent QB away from playoff contention and since we can't keep cycling through coaches, I'm willing to give them another year before I start hiring airplanes to fly over Met Life."

That's your choice ..keep riding the 12 years of giving the hired CS another chance after another chance ad infinitum and then its no surprise they suck , shit the bed again..but what LAW says when cant get better coaches ??? My goodness if Harbaugh. or S Peyton wanted to coach here tomorrow you would turn them down because Saleh is under contract?? lol Again If I were Woody I would have FIRED Saleh Douglas all of them ..send a signal to the cream of the crop experienced winner HC eg S Payton I am writing you a HUGH check to set the team right ...Watch what happens in Denver now Westie ..THAT Franchise played it right!....it will be MUCH better with Payton handling R Wilson who they previous handed a QtR Billion dollars to take them to a Championship !!

This>>> Nothing on this farce of a franchise changes till you get a Premier Coaching Staff

#84 NYJetsO12, Feb 3, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 4, 2023
    Cman68, papapump and westiedog1 like this.
  5. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

[​IMG]

twown and Br4d like this.
  6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Rule #1 - the Jets should never draft QB's who could plausibly play Tom Cruise in His Life's Story.

7. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agree with most, except for the claim that Zach has been "humbled." I read that he recently said he will life "hell" for any new/other QB challenger in camp next year. Pretty bold/cocky comment from Zach considering two benchings and his total QB rating for the past two years. I won't say it, but some might say he has done a good job of making life "hell" for his teammates already, especially the jets defense who were forever on the field last year. :cool: His comment implies that Zach thinks is "his" job next year, and it will be incumbent on the new guy to "take" it from him. Not sure I would that assumption either, Zach.

8. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I understand why you'd take it that way, reading it out of context.
    I didn't get any "the job is mine" vibe, when I watched it last month.
    It was in a section where he was speaking seriously, about being a competitor.
    Then when asked how he'd feel if they brought in a vet QB, he smiled and made the statement, and there was laughter from the media.
    I was actually happy to hear him say that. I don't want him to be passive, & just accept being less than the #1.
    I like that he wants to fight to be the Jets QB.

So, before you pass judgement on what he said, watch it in context.
    I'd suggest watching the whole presser (8:33), but if not start around 6:20 to give a little context before the quote.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Compared to what? The JB Smoove uniform reveal extravaganza?

KWJetsFan likes this.
  10. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

The state of the Jets is uncertainty, as usual. While everyone is slobbering all over some synthetic QB drama, the question NOT being asked is "does this coaching staff have what it takes to take the Jets to a Super Bowl, let alone win one?" Saleh was clearly outcoached in several close games last season, leaving considerable doubt as to whether or not he has the knowledge and creativity to match wits with the upper level coaches.

Quinnen Williams deleted tweet ripping the offense can't have anything to do with him asking to be paid a little while back, can it? Ironically, if Q would like to see an offense, he is going to have to wait a little longer before he gets paid, so the joke may be on him. Sometimes it's best to keep your mouth shut, although it can be difficult when being around a perennially unstable and dysfunctional situation.

SOJAZ, papapump and Cman68 like this.
  11. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

LOL! You seem so excited that Zach was "not passive and he wants to fight to be the jets QB." Really, what did you EXPECT him to say, "I'm just want to be the backup QB next year.?"
    The jets PLAYERS trying to recruit Rodgers this week tells us how they feel about Zach as jets QB. Feel free to respond again and tell me again that I am reading everything out of context. You can have the last word.

SOJAZ likes this.
  12. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

The problem with the Zach Wilson situation is that he has about 99% proven that he is not an NFL QB. That makes him a sunk cost and one that the Jets would be wise not to put further time and resources into.

It's not beyond a shadow of a doubt but it is really close to that status and what the Jets need to be doing is resolving their QB issues not chasing remote hopes.

SOJAZ, Ralebird, CotcheryFan and 6 others like this.
  13. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Thanks for your permission to respond.
    Fascinating that when Zach says stupid things, you'll criticize him.
    Then when he says things 'the right way'... it's "what else is he supposed to say."
    Not leaving much space in your mind, to actually see if Zach's capable of progressing, either on or off the field.
    You seem to know Zach is incapable of learning, while the rest of us are curious, & watching to see if there's any progress. He learned how to use his talent in college. Now he has to learn how to use that talent in the NFL. MLF had his chance to teach him & whiffed. Since the kid is 23, some of us would like to see how he responds to a different teacher.

You have a great imagination. You're able to read and ascertain the way everyone thinks, from a couple of tweets. While the rest of us see a couple of players, having fun online.
    And forget Jets stuff.
    Somehow, by me saying "I was actually happy to hear him say that," you interpret, that I sound excited to you.
    Surprise, I actually meant happy, not excited.

Not everything is a conspiracy theory, hombre.
    Sometimes, you have to accept reality as it is
    Most of the time, hidden meanings are in your own head, & only hidden from the person/people you suspect of speaking with hidden meanings.

You don't need permission to reply, but if you do, please respond to what I said, not what you imagine I said.

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I think that's the woman (Deb) that does the responding. Tom is the cuck.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I feel sick now... thanks for the memory Rale...

Ralebird likes this.
  16. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ugh!! That was.........not good.

17. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The days of winning with an elite defense and below average offense might be over, but our D can become elite with upgrades at LB and S. This, combined with getting a veteran QB, and the right OL acquisitions can make us a playoff team that can win on the road.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  18. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I agree with most of this. Maybe the players were happy to have MW play b/c he improved the chances of winning.
    I think ZW and MW both have the same issue to fix (if possible). Neither of them knows how to stay in the pocket, make a throw and avoid the big hit. ZW panics and leaves the pocket too early. MW stays in the pocket, makes the throws and takes huge hits. Contrast that with Brady, Rodgers and Carr, who rarely get injured and miss games. They also don't abandon the pocket too early. I remember before the ZW draft, one of the Jets Youtubers reviewed Trevor Lawrence and showed that he avoided big hits after a throw. He changed his arm angle or leaned to one side or something like that to avoid getting popped. That's a QB skill that is under appreciated by fans IMO.

#98 dmw, Feb 6, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2023
  19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think we'll find that "hell or high water" can have a half life of one season in an organization owned by a buffoon like Woody Johnson. It is easy to forget what a clown the guy is until he sobers up a little and starts putting his greasy paws on the operations of the team.

BrowningNagle and Jets1035 like this.