Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

That would end in a last place finish, the defensive players blowing up the locker room in frustration, and everyone getting fired.

2. HomeoftheJets

Jets fans are the most patient in the league with QBs, literally all you have to do to gain undying fan support is not be a bottom 5 QB.

Ralebird likes this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

That wouldn't be a good match, the 49ers want Purdy to start if healthy, and even if Purdy needs TJ surgery, Rodgers isn't going to risk losing his job to Lance.

4. york61

york61 Well-Known Member

What about the OL? He is a pure pocket passer and the game has passed him by. We have holes on the OL and also the safety position. I'm not in for trading a #1 for him. Also he is going to eat up plenty of our cap space which isn't great to begin with. We still have to pay Q Williams and other free agents that are going to hit the market. I have waited 50 years so I can wait another season or 2. I would rather go for Carr which will be alot less.

5. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Next Year? I say no one, especially Rodgers.

6. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

There are a few ways to look at this scenario. I'm thinking LeFleur was 70% of the problem with the Jet's offense. The Detroit, Jacksonville, and Minnesota games were the killer. Just awful QB play and even worst playcalling. Especially goal line and red zone. LeFleur should have been fired on the spot

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

This just shows why we should never believe anything Hughes says. There is not a creature on this earth that will make "everybody" in Jetland very, very happy

8. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Wrong!

Just wait until we have a bottom 10 QB. You'll see.

9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Can’t actually find this anywhere but I heard on ESPN radio last night driving home from the Knicks game that the odds shifted heavily towards the Raiders. Has anyone else heard/seen that?

10. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Probably b/c of this.
    [​IMG]

According to this article 6 hours ago, the Jets are still +150 to land Rodgers. Draftkings also has the Jets as the 8th best team to win the superbowl next year. That number hasn't moved since the jets hired Hackett.

https://www.si.com/college/cal/news/aaron-rodgers-odds-feb-2

11. BroadwayAaron

I assumed the Adams thing was going to shift odds but I can’t actually find confirmation that it did. Last night they said Draft Kings had the Raiders +100 and the Jets +650 but all I can find is the same article you linked.

12. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Supposedly he prefers to stay in warm weather and closer to family. So I say go hard after Carr I like him and he’s younger won’t cost as much in terms of money or assets

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Raiders are a better fit for Rodgers

Carr's response to his performance at the pro bowl "games" last night was pretty funny btw

papapump and Nyjets4eva like this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

why are they a much better fit? Their head coach is a moron, their defense isn’t as good and they might not have their stud running back by the time training camp starts. I mean if the guy wants warm weather and almost no pressure from the local market then yes that’s absolutely a better fit. But other than at receiver, I don’t see where they are better in anyway.

and I thought car was pretty funny last night as well. I would much prefer to make a move on him if this Rodgers bullshit lingers into mid February.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The Raiders are an aging team and Rodgers is an aging QB. He can go there, play with his buddy Adams for a year or two and live the celebrity life he wants in Vegas. And yes the lack of media pressure is perfect for him as he doesnt respond well to media pressure.

It is better fit for him than our Jets. Idk if the Raiders have anything left to trade for him though

16. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Plus more opportunities to go wandering through the desert on peyote adventures....

abyzmul, AtlantaJet, papapump and 3 others like this.
  17. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

All that while saving about $6M in State income tax.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  18. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

If we don’t get Rogers I’d much rather just look to the draft. Carr is gonna cost way more money than the value he brings, and he will drag us through shit for at least 4 years. Rogers wants 1 or 2 years. We can move on quickly if it doesn’t work out, and over that 1-2 year period his odds of actually bringing us a SB are much higher than Carr’s ever would be. Rogers bridges us to the point that Sauce and G Wilson will be up for contract and we’ll likely be spending boatloads to keep them. Having a huge contract on the books with Carr by that point will begin costing us the ability to sign our youth. Carr is mediocre. While I realize we haven’t had mediocrity in years, you don’t win with mediocrity. You win by either drafting a stud QB or by singing a short term mercenary that’s capable of winning a SB. Kirk Cousins is exponentially better than Carr. You really want to play wheelbarrows of cash for a guy that’s not even as good as Cousins. Rogers or draft, period.

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I want to say yes, just because we would have Peter Pan and Captain Hook in the same locker room. Epic swordfights.

20. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Well, I'm officially off the Rodgers trade.
    If I felt we were closer, it would be more palatable.
    I just don't like what it will do to the rest of the team, now & for the foreseeable future.
    I like JD's original rebuild plan, although there've been burps @QB, on the OL, & his coaching hire.
    Is the answer to throw the rebuild away, & go for the quick fix, with the tiny chance that AR will lead an unfinshed team deep into the playoffs? And at the expense of not being able to re-sign some of our young talent, when the time comes, etc.
    Makes no sense.
    If JD does it, THAT would be SOJ.
    Even Carr, I'm having 2nd thoughts about, especially if Zach is still on the team.
    Maybe they'd take Zach for Carr, in which case Carr would make sense to me.
    Let McDaniels have his shot at Zach.
    So, while I'm not in love with Jimmy G, if Zach is still on the team, & they're going to put effort into developing him, Jimmy G would make the most sense financially, for continuing JDs plan in a sensible way...
    and he'd be the easiest to jettison if the Zach's light goes on.
    As unexciting as Jimmy G is, he wins... 40-17 record.
    Of course, they'll need to fortify the OL, which I expect them to attempt anyway, in order to keep Jimmy upright.
    And they'll need a competent backup QB, if Zach isn't ready, which I suspect will be the case.

I understand why so many want them to go AR, but to me that wreaks SOJ... same ol' Woody.

NY Jets68 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.