Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I will bet anyone he’s not building a repor with anyone.

2. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I meant on the field, not for a grand slam at Dennys.

3. Get me the Damn Ball

Get me the Damn Ball Well-Known Member

I do remember. I also remember that Jets team getting on a roll before he hurt his elbow which inevitably derailed the season. That team could’ve gone deep into the playoffs had Farve not injured himself and selfishly played through it.

#443 Get me the Damn Ball, Feb 1, 2023
    Last edited: Feb 1, 2023
    barfolomew likes this.
  4. 50ShadesOfGreen

50ShadesOfGreen Well-Known Member

That 2008 team blew out a Cardinals team that went to the superbowl and almost won. :(

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's the coach's job to take an injured player out, not the player's. And if Favre didn't play, Kellen Clemens wouldn't have taken us anywhere.

barfolomew and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

You said repor you meant rapport. That’s what the sarcastic dierking was getting you with

barfolomew and KY Jets Fan like this.
  7. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

I don't disagree with that at all. There's absolutely a chance he comes in and takes us to heights we haven't seen since those AFC Championship runs.

I just happen to think Carr could also do that and wouldn't cost us as much. Carr/Rodgers or bust for me this offseason.

barfolomew and horsehead like this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

You runed it

papapump and KY Jets Fan like this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

my falt

10. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Green Bay is going to use us to raise the price of trading him where he wants to go. Probably should get ready for MW and maybe a vet journeyman to come in and compete for a job with ZW backing up behind who ever wins the job. We just have to live with Hackett as OC for the next year or so. hopefully improve a little more then last year and have another late December run. That’s probably the most realistic outcome of this season. Maybe an outside chance of drafting a QB late as a project.

barfolomew likes this.
  11. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Unlike most of you, I'm still iffy on Rodgers, & lean Carr.
    It's the compensation thing.
    I was really looking forward to see a young team develop together, & as such, really value draft picks.
    That said, my sense, just based on all the stuff I've seen everywhere, together with Saleh's buddy being the Packers' HC, Hackett being the new OC, Zach probably still being on the team, & GBs current state of affairs...

It's gonna be AR, with another player or two, & it's gonna be expensive... draft picks & obviously cap.
    We need OL, so I'm thinking Bakhtiari, who's another big cap guy the Packers probably want off their books.
    Also, maybe Lazard.
    I wouldn't be surprised if Corey Davis, and/or Elijah were thrown in.
    I'm hot & cold on Bakhtiari, because of his age (32 when season starts), & recent injury issues.
    I'd prefer Orlando Brown Jr, if JD was able to manage that.

Obviously, all speculation, & I prefer Carr... but, with Carr's thing having to be resolved within 2 weeks, I imagine any Rodgers deal will have to be worked out before then, otherwise the Jets may lose out on Carr, & we'll end up with Jimmy G at best.
    Soooo, I suspect we'll have a clear sense about the AR thing, within the next 2 weeks... as well as Carr.

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

IMO our nemesis T Brady, even when announcing retirement, managed to screw the NYJ one more time.
    Call me crazy, but with him out of the picture, the stakes to get a top vet, be it AR, Carr or JG just went up some. Less inventory means higher price. Now AR is the undisputed dog in the race and his head just got a bit bigger, if that is even possible.
    Carr on the other hand, is the gentleman that doesn't want to be an asshole to his team, and play by the book, but his team and greedy owner are figuring out a way to screw him. The rumors coming out of LV is that is not a foregone conclusion that he will be released to avoid guaranteeing his contract, but rather play a mind game and let the date go by, then force him and the acquiring team to up the ante. They are betting Carr is too much of a gentleman and competitor to say, fuck you Raiders, I'm staying here, a come to OTAs, practices and every game and sit on the freaking bench.
    Meantime, the new buzz now is that SF is all in on a new vet, and may be use JG as part of a trade. Are you guys ready for this? K Cousins is now a name to consider.
    I sure hope we don't absolutely screw this up.

13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Kinda surprised fans who’ve shown little to no patience with Zach want to deal with a Mid QB like Carr.

Go get A A RON.

14. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

WFAN opened their show today with Craig Carton saying Rodgers is going to Vegas and wants no part of the Jets. He claims to have a legit source and said Rodgers will sign within a week. It could be BS, but I am just reporting what Carton said on WFAN today. If he doesn't sign with Vegas within a week then we know Carton is full of shit.

KingRoach and barfolomew like this.
  15. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I have a hard time believing that report. Simply because AR is signed with the Packers and can sign or even talk to another team till the pack give their permission. If their permission was granted then the media would have been all over it.
    https://www.ibtimes.com/aaron-rodgers-contract-salary-2022-2023-2024-revealed-3437864
    the reason to move him is because it is reported that if he retires after the 2023 season they are hit with a 68 million cap charge so a new contract would need to be completed to lower the cap hit. He cant talk to another team atm so That is why I have hard time believing that report. But since Adams his buddy is on that team it is possible he ends up there or SF or here with us.

16. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

I think it’s implied that GB would be trading AR as opposed to AR just going to Vegas on his own

17. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

Also, Edgar Bennett and Patrick Graham are on the LV coaching staff. They were also with Rodgers in GB. What Carton is saying could very well be BS. We shall see.

18. NOVAJET

Lol, guess San Francisco is out.

19. NOVAJET

Sounds like he is going somewhere though...

20. NOVAJET

Just more speculation but still fun to see.

ColoradoContrails and bicketybam like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.