QW why are you an idiot?!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Jan 30, 2023.

1. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Sand bagged!?!? It was as basic a question can be, and anyone with even a small shred of accountability, leadership quality, and competitiveness within themselves would have absolutely felt they let their team down given the way he performed. Imagine Mahomes having a performance like Zach did that day being asked the same question. Exactly. That’s why Zach will never be a great football player.

Ralebird and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

On the other end of the scale is a Bill Belichick team.....his players are terrified to press the 'send' button! Who was that NE slot WR who made a public comment on Rex Ryan's foot fetish? Belichick sat him for the 1/2 half of our playoff game against them! And the Pats lost! But for Bill, ruling his men with an iron fist is worth it.

3. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

Footballgod214 likes this.
  4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Q took a shot at the entire offense. That includes all the QB's, the OL, the receivers, the RB's and all the coaches involved with it. I understand the frustration but I thought it was very immature and definitely something I don't want to see from one of the leaders on the team.

NY Jets68 and Since1969 like this.
  5. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

I don't understand why these players or celebrities for the matter, do this stuff. Even if the tweet is up for a millisecond, you have to realize millions of people use Twitter. And it's safe to assume thousands saw the tweet for the time it was briefly up and have screenshotted it.

Just don't say anything at all. Be better.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Douglas shoulda paid the man earlier. 12 sacks later he’s earned probably double what the initial offers woulda been

7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah he should get the death penalty for answering a question right after coming out of a tough game "incorrectly". SMH. I agree, he should've handled it better, but the public flaying he received - and is still getting - is ridiculous. And has NOTHING to do with whether he becomes a great football player.

8. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

4 pages on this? I agree with QW. He's basically talking to the Jets brass through the media. That's what happens when ownership and the FO don't listen and continue to not address the 800 lb gorilla in the room. Non-story.

papapump, Ralebird and BrowningNagle like this.
  9. bicketybam

It's always a good move to talk to your boss through social media. Makes perfect sense.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. JetsNation06

When you're crying out for help and your boss is clueless sometimes you have no other choice.

11. bicketybam

Who the fuck said he was crying out for help? Do you write fiction for a living?

If he is unhappy with the direction of the team he should voice that to the coaches and the GM. If he doesn't like what he hears he can hold out or ask to be traded. But something tells me he's all about the money like most athletes.

12. JetsNation06

So you're suggesting for QW to hold out? Another briliant idea - NOT! Do you write fantasy for a living?

Like I said, it's a non-story and QW will be a Jet next year and he was right. Moving on.

13. bicketybam

I wouldn't be so sure about that. He's not worth Aaron Donald money.

14. JetsNation06

I'm sure of it. Do you know anything about building a long-term, sustainable winning franchise? Hint: While in the process of this, you don't get rid of your best players just entering their prime.

You act as if guys like him grow on trees. Every team in the league has to face tough decisions like this every offseason. You make it work.

15. bicketybam

Yes. DT is the cornerstone for every successful franchise.

16. JetsNation06

FIFY

17. bicketybam

Even a kicker?

18. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

The difference Is...

One player was right as fuck.

One player was oblivious to just how fucking bad he truly Is/was and made a comment that was way off base considering the fact of the matter.

I love how the ZW fun club always finds a way to try to spin the narrative In Zach's favor though. Sigh..

Let It go... Let It GOOOOOOOOOOOOO..... Frozen. Good movie.

Who even gives a shit? Let's talk about the topic at hand, why do we need to travel down this road with a player that was fortunate enough to fool everyone Into believing he was worth a #2 overall draft pick?

Zach put his foot In his mouth and was full of shit.

Q was just a little too honest about the fact of the matter. He shouldn't have done It but the two instances are not even close. Just saying.

JackBower likes this.
  19. bicketybam

Agree. Let if fucking go already. Holy shit.

20. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

I’m not surprised he said it, he’s a moron. I knew that when he tried to smuggle a gun on an airplane, and listening to his lousy grammar. Also, he’s the only man in history who says, “god bless you” and then, “thank you” to himself! All are stupid things to do. It’s also stupid to publicly throw your offense under the bus.

Was he wrong factually? No! But wrong on everything else? Yes!

bicketybam likes this.