Jets will be picking 13th in the 2023 NFL Draft

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Jan 8, 2023.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I wouldn't mind trading down and getting more picks.

2. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

If I’m the jets I’m taking QB Anthony Richardson even if Rodgers or some other veteran comes. If they aren’t going to be that bold, I could see OT Paris Johnson or Broderick Jones.

BrooklynJetsFan and Brook! like this.
  3. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

Don't forget her sex tape also.....

4. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

What's the point of loading up on WRs if we have no one to get the ball to them? The Jets offense needs one thing right now, a competent QB. Whether the Jets intend to stay put at QB or bring one in, an O lineman makes the most sense. Now, having said that, and looking at OL prospects for this draft, it doesn't seem like there are a lot of 1st round choices there. So, if Smith-Njigba is the BPA when the Jets draft, fine, but that may mean one more WR asking for a trade

boozer32, stinkyB, Nyjets4eva and 3 others like this.
  5. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets get down to #13 and BPA is a WR and one that several teams want a trade down is a logical step. Not that another WR wouldn't be of value but the Jets have depth issues elsewhere and pressing needs. That #13 can turn into solutions to both if managed correctly.

The Jets trajectory in the early 00's probably is very different if the GM just trades back to find the fit instead of trading up over and over again. It takes confidence to do that and none of the Jets GM's since the Johnson's took over have had the confidence to just let the draft fall to them and make the best picks. The poster boy bad trade is the Darnold deal where the Jets traded 3 2nd round picks to move up in a situation where they had no idea who would be there. However the Santana Moss and DeWayne Robertson deals are there also. The Revis deal was good but not a steal because not only did the Jets lose depth in the process they also had the big fish they caught hold them over the barrel multiple times making the cap issues worse.

One of the most important things to remember about the NFL draft process and the NFL in general is that one player isn't enough to get you over the top unless everybody else was ready to go when he arrived.

The Jets have a fascination with star value that has damaged them badly over the years, mainly due to bad free agent signings but also in terms of draft trade ups. Build the team and the star will emerge. Keep trying to force stars at the expense of depth and overall talent and the stars just won't matter. This is like a 40 man game not a 5 man game like the NBA.

#65 Br4d, Jan 29, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2023
  6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's too early to predict who might be there at #13, and who the "desperate" teams might be.

I'll say this: if a stud OT is there, JD should run to the podium and call his name.

7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

With the 13th pick in the 2023 NFL Draft, The Green Bay Packers select...........

8. Br4d

If there's one stud OL there the Jets should probably just make the pick. If however there are a couple of guys left and somebody wants to give a couple of extra picks to move up 4 or 5 spots the Jets are likely better off taking the picks and gambling that one of the studs drops to them.

ColoradoContrails and westiedog1 like this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Every mock I've done in the simulator has Anton Harrison(OT Oklahoma) falling into the 20's. Of course, what happens online doesn't always translate to real life.

10. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I am on Anthony Richardson bandwagon for a while

Bills over Jets likes this.
  11. Br4d

I keep trading down from 13 to 17-20 and Skoronski is always there on the trade down. Not sure if the simulator disses him because he's from Northwestern or because it thinks he will not measure up perfectly at the combine.

12. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Another Solid LB would be nice too.

papapump and westiedog1 like this.
  13. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Good hands and can get some yards after the catch. He might be available in the late 1st or early secomd.

14. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

They have a couple of studs tackles in this draft. One from Ohio State and one from Georgia.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

16. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I don't know the exact answer for QB, but the offensive line is a must.

As to a FB, in today's game, most teams would rather have an extra Tight End then a FB. This assumes the TE can block and actually be a FB when needed formation-wise. Either way, both options are viable if the FB can also be a decent pass catcher.

17. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

He may be a good fit for some team..... but will most likely be another "Crash 'n Burn" for the JETS

Brook! and Lon Chaney like this.
  18. knoblejr

knoblejr New Member

19. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

I think anyone would, he's going to be next level. I don't know how many players I've ever seen navigate blocks as well as he does, he basically rides the OLmen and lets them carry him through the play.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he is an awesome player. I watched Jadeveon Clowney closely in college, Anderson reminds me a lot of him. Clowney pre-injury of course. I also think you could argue that he is smarter than Clowney was in the backfield. His future is bright

abyzmul likes this.