Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Really, either Aaron Rogers or Tom Brady.

IF sitting behind either one of these dudes for a season or two at most allows Zack Wilson to grow into a competent NFL QB.

Zack's the key, really. If Woody/JoeD/Saleh believes this to be true, then it makes sense. Versus signing someone like Carr to a 5 yr deal, which would mean ZW is goneeee.

But which one would allow Zack to grow the most? To me, it's Tom Brady hands down. First, remember when troubled Brown came to the Bucs? Tommy moved Brown into his own home with his family, hoping that if Brown could see up close how a Pro-athlete lives and competes, it'd help him. This shows a willingness to go above and beyond to help a player, who could help the team. Second, after Brady just lost to the 9'ers, Tom shook Purdy's hand and said "Good job...you played great....keep it up". Again, words of encouragement to a young QB.

I think we'd have better success with Aaron over the next season or two, but if ZW is truly our future beyond that, then Brady would probably be a much better fit.

Imagine if Brady and Zack shared a house together for the next 2 seasons! But I'll admit it could get awkward if Tommy walks in on Zack banging Gisele in the condo's laundry room, so there's that concern :p

KingRoach and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Endlessly Counting

Endlessly Counting Well-Known Member

A lot of plausibility here...

If these goals are in any way forseeable, isn't it worth at least 1 # 1
    Rodgers brings a lot more to the table than Favre, including attitude and willingness

3. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Man, I love the optimism and if this were a different franchise, I would completely agree.
    30+ years of Jets Fandom has me thinking even if we do get Rogers for some reasonable price, something bad will inevitably happen where we shit the bed...

But, I'm still all in for getting him and going for it. It would make for a hell of an interesting season.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  4. Jets-N-Terps

Zach Wilson is absolutely NOT the key. He has nothing to do with making a deal for Rogers or bringing in another veteran. If by some act of god he becomes a competent quarterback because of bringing in one of these guys, that is the ultimate langniappe.

Who gives the Jets the best ability to win now, and Who is the best veteran they can actually get. If Rogers is available, it's him.

5. Jets-N-Terps

There were numerous posts in that thread with lines like, "now that we've got Namedi" or "we've got the best corner duo ever now" when there was only a rumor that Tanny was looking into him...threads like that are why forums are gold!

azhar80 likes this.
  6. Jets-N-Terps

I'm sure Rams, Broncos, and Bucs fans would agree.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Wow. "langniappe." Not the kind of word I'm used to seeing around here.

I had to look it up:

lan-ˈyap: : a small gift given to a customer by a merchant at the time of a purchase
    broadly : something given or obtained gratuitously or by way of good measure
    The waiter added a cup of lobster bisque as a lagniappe to the meal.

Mark Twain's Thoughts on Lagniappe

"We picked up one excellent word," wrote Mark Twain in Life on the Mississippi (1883), "a word worth traveling to New Orleans to get; a nice limber, expressive, handy word—'lagniappe'.... It is Spanish—so they said." Twain encapsulates the history of lagniappe quite nicely. English speakers learned the word from French-speaking Louisianians, but they in turn had adapted it from the American Spanish word la ñapa. (What Twain didn't know is that the Spanish word is from Quechua, from the word yapa, meaning "something added.") Twain went on to describe how New Orleanians completed shop transactions by saying "Give me something for lagniappe," to which the shopkeeper would respond with "a bit of liquorice-root, … a cheap cigar or a spool of thread." It took a while for lagniappe to catch on throughout the country, but in time, New Yorkers and New Orleanians alike were familiar with this "excellent word."

Great! I learned a new word today!

8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Zach is on a 4 year deal. Whether he is behind Carr, Rodgers, or Brady, if it takes two years, he will be gone following that, because he will become UFA then. With Carr there may actually be a better chance for Zach to play, simply because Carr is not as good as the other two, and Zach has a better chance to beat him out, as small as it is. Then Carr can actually be traded after one year as he would still be relatively young and on a smaller contract. If we get Rodgers or Brady on a two year deal, Zach's only opportunity will be in case of injury, and these two guys seem to be even more durable than Carr. If Zach learns from them, the team that will benefit from him is unlikely to be the Jets.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That sounds pretty good. I'll take that, thank you. :)

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'm less enthused about Brady given his age, but he would likely be cheaper and cost nothing to acquire. However, I think he goes to LV or Miami.

11. The Dark Knight

I would truly stop being a fan until Brady was gone if they signed him. That would be awful. I don't think any true Jets fan wants Brady. Not to mention he is old and would likely have his worst season ever.

12. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Now that I understand Rodgers is going to lead us to back to back SBs and make Zach Wilson a quality starter, I'm really excited to trade for him.

13. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Honestly I think I kinda fall into this camp. I’d be happy to have him but he’s definitely on the older side so I won’t shed a tear if he rides off into the sunset somewhere else.

14. ColoradoContrails

HUH. I guess being a Jets for over 60 years doesn't quite earn me the right to call myself a "true Jets fan". Good to know.;)

EDIT: I think any "true Jets fan" would welcome a SB however they won one.

Borat, JetFanInNE and The Dark Knight like this.
  15. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Yes, I’ll take him if they cut him but trading picks for him makes no sense as he has 2 seasons tops.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. The Dark Knight

Not me. That would not feel right at all. It would feel tainted. Tom Brady won his 8th Super Bowl, not the Jets won their 2nd. It would be very underwhelming. No worries though, as that won't happen.

17. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It would be a big pill to swallow if Brady came here. And I would approach it like a lot of people approached Zach Wilson. I'd be looking for any reason to rag the shit out of him. Every fucking incomplete and I'd be all over that douche nozzle.

The Dark Knight and NOVAJET like this.
  18. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You think Bucks fans care Brady won his 7th with them?

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

He didn't openly insult the Bucs or their fans for over a decade.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. ColoradoContrails

I have a bigger problem with him cheating (Deflategate). And I've been one to "hold onto my principles" plenty over the years and watched while "less principled" teams were rewarded. I'm at an age now where I really DGAF. Whoever helps them win a SB is fine with me. I've "held my nose" for worse things.

JetFanInNE and Borat like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.