Aaron Rodgers - Yay or Nay (POLL)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Jan 26, 2023.

?

Want Aaron Rodgers at Jets?

Poll closed Feb 25, 2023.
  1. Yay

58.9%
  2. Nay

26.6%
  3. Undecided

14.6%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Is this considered the official "Joe Namath Stamp of Approval"?

bicketybam likes this.
  2. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

If it means trading a 1st round draft pick for a 39 year old quarterback then no I don’t want him

3. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

uhuh..then who is our new QB? Zach?

Hope and pray we get Carr or even J Garrapolo ..

JohnnyJet likes this.
  4. burf

burf Well-Known Member

It's funny, I was queasy when the hire was announced. So, since I didn't have a truckload of pepto-abismal to imbibe on-hand, I tried to find info about him. That article really helped. He seems like a fun guy, & looks for fun ways to reach players. He's really into coaching, & aside from all the AR speculation, judging by what I read, it would seem he's accepted the OC job as a personal challenge. He could've sat back for a year or four, & done nothing else but cash paychecks. Instead he took the challenge.
    I like that.
    As far as AR, I just have no opinion now. There are pros & cons.
    But I lean toward, it depends on what the team would have to give up.
    I think the Jets are more than one player away from being serious contenders, so, while the draft is a crap shoot, I don't want to see any valuable picks given up, at this point in the rebuild.
    If I thought they were a QB away, I'd be all-in.

5. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Well that's another reason why getting Rodgers - and not giving up too much draft capital - makes sense - they do need more than one player, but if they get Rodgers that answer the biggest hole and they can then focus on filling the other ones like OL, S, LB, and maybe another stud WR.

KY Jets Fan and bicketybam like this.
  6. Frenbar

Frenbar Well-Known Member

I'd like to see Rodgers come here on a 1 year deal but only if we didn't give up too much. No 1st round picks. Something like a 2 and Elijah Moore and I'm in.

7. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

That’s almost worse than a 1st

papapump likes this.
  8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I opted for the nay. I’m definitely afraid of the compensation that will be required. Seriously we are more than a QB away from being in the SB.

Hopefully the Jets will not allow Namath’s retired #12 to be used. Finally I am not scared, or comfortable in mediocrity. I don’t care to mortgage our promising core for a 39 year old QB.

york61, bmfc1 and Ralebird like this.
  9. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

It needs to be a yes, even if I don't like him a lot as a person

bicketybam likes this.
  10. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

With Rodgers we probably also get 5 primetime games

Cowboys
    Patriots
    Bills
    Chiefs
    Eagles

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He's a douchebag, but he's also our best chance to win, especially now that we hired Hackett. It could end it tears, but if we don't get a good QB, it will definitely end in tears. And even if we have to give up a first, well we've lost enough firsts over the years by drafting busts that one more isn't going to kill us.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Love the new profile pic

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Depends on what he costs because he is not a solution for us. He is next year for us, and only if he doesn't get an offer to host a game show.

What are you willing to give up for one year? And remember, he is 11-10 in playoff games on talented teams. And that percentage is inflated by a 4-0 Superbowl year 13 seasons ago.

Dierking likes this.
  14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I like him as opposed to Brady or Lamar but he’s a complete fuckface douchebag. That’s fine when you always win. On the jets that’s not so great.

Pepsiguy5, Ralebird and Nyjets4eva like this.
  15. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

For me it depends on how long Aaron can play at a high level for. He’ll be 40. Does he have one more year? Does he have 2 or 3? That does it for me.

If he has a year then this would be a stupid, desperate, and short sighted move by the jets. Sure, they’ll make the playoffs next year and win a game, but that’s it. It is my opinion that for the first time in a long time, the jets have a young, nicely talented roster. I would want that to continue as a jets fan. You absolutely HAVE to find a franchise qb, though. If you don’t have one, you’ll only be mediocre to good. To me, it’s would be stupid to waste a young talented roster while not finding a franchise qb to go with it. Aaron would retire in a year and you’d be in the same position, with one year gone on everyone’s contracts and a top draft pick wasted. It’s desperate to want to make the playoffs for one year at the expense of a proper rebuild.

However, if Aaron has at least 2 years, I think it would allow the jets to hopefully draft and develop a franchise qb provided they don’t have to give up a first round pick. That might be ideal. I just don’t know, bc Aaron has been threatening retirement every year for 3 years now.

Plus, Aaron is a proven loser and a dickhead of a person. I think he and the ny media would not be a match. If I’m the jets, I’m going all in on Lamar instead.

16. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

17. yanks9596

yanks9596 Well-Known Member

Obviously 100% yes as long as we get him for two years.

I love the people not wanting a first ballot hall of famer because they don’t agree with his politics. Hilarious to me, really.

bicketybam, AJW and NOVAJET like this.
  18. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

That alone would make me say no to Rodgers. I hate prime time games!

But seriously, I don’t like Rodgers probably dislike him more than I ever did Brady, but if they can get h8. At a reasonable cost then you have to do it. Just don’t think the Packers will be willing to let him go for a fair price.

19. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

I think they will, they are up against the cap and are rebuilding. They need to get what they can for him while he is still a great QB.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Kryoptix

Kryoptix Well-Known Member

At the right price, no brainer. With a decent offense we can beat any team in the conference.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.