Nathaniel Hackett hired as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 26, 2023.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow you don't think Hackett was hired to call plays here? of course he was. Who else is gonna be the playcaller? Woody from the owner's box?

There are some assumptions we can make. Like the guy hired to replace the previous playcaller will call plays

barfolomew likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Yeah.. I could see the Boy Blunder going to the club trying to fit in...

4. Cman68

Lets hope the apple falls miles away from the tree...

SOJAZ and barfolomew like this.
  5. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

Have you seen this kid run backwards? Hackett might be able to harness that talent for some off-Broadway stuff.

Poeman, BrowningNagle and barfolomew like this.
  6. Cman68

Yeah.. Maybe he could be Tony Devolder's understudy at Radio City one day..

7. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

I actually spit my water out. Haha thanks

Cman68 and barfolomew like this.
  8. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

I have no opinions as i do not know hacketts work intimately. But suddenly i am filled with fear. For i see in woody a hold, deep like a hunger he will never fill. And he will go on hiring and firing until one day we rise up and say "enough, we can give no more." And the earth itself will consume him

9. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

Frank Reich is the new HC in Carolina for those of you that wanted that.

10. Cman68

Does this mean the end of the Jet version of the SFO? Are we going to go in a different direction finally??

barfolomew likes this.
  11. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I didn't really care for any of the candidates that were interviewed. So, I'm very, meh, with all this.

However. Reading through 11 pages of this. Sigh.

Paul Hackett wasn't even that bad of an OC. He made It to the playoffs 3 times here, had a winning record as an OC when he walked out the door here. The man has since passed, and you posters that are using his Dad as a reason to hate on him are wild. Makes ZERO sense.

I also hope that this doesn't further extend our long term problems for this team. I do not want to trade a wild amount of future assets. Hell, I don't want to trade a bunch of current assets for Aaron Rodgers. If they can get him at a reasonable price, cool. Otherwise, it's not worth it and will set us back years If we handcuff ourselves to the now. It's scary to me because this is a make or break year and temptation to make desperate moves will be strong this off-season. They preach a lot on discipline, I hope da fuck they heed their advice this off-season. They have to be smart because I don't want a one or two year rental where we might make the playoffs but then we become bottom of league team again for 15 more years. Fuck that.

I'm not overly inspired by Nathanial Hackett for the obvious reasoning. It has nothing to do with his father.

People point to his success In JAX but the stats weren't good. Yeah, they made the playoffs that one year with Bortles. That's cool. Doesn't mean much though. Statistically, they weren't all that great.

GB, he didn't call the plays and had a Top 3 QB leading the charge. I'm not impressed.

Then you got a lot of the same people discrediting MLF going to the Rams as their potential OC, how he won't be calling plays, blah, blah... Saying how much of an influencer Hackett was for GB even though he didn't call the plays, the RedZone stats though, blah, blah..

People just tell themselves things to make things feel better within then. I don't get It.

It's crazy to me.

Then you have the ultimate disaster In Denver. They got Russell Wilson who by all accounts was considered an elite QB until the ONE year In Denver with Hackett.

Nathaniel Hackett literally only needed half a year to completely taint Russell Wilson's stature In the league as an elite QB.

That doesn't concern people?

I think It should.

Then you got Saleh raving about his fantastic run game. Which, okay, I can get behind that. However. This Is a passing league.

Why do we keep getting coaches that don't adhere to this concept? Run game Is obviously important and It opens up the pass. I understand but for this to be the primary source of your offense. Sigh.

SOJ to me.

This truly does feel like a massive waste of time and ultimately a major setback towards the future.

You'd think Woody would learn at some fucking point to stop giving lame duck coaches and GMs the ability to be desperate and set this team back years after they ultimately get fired.

What a brain fuck that Is for me.

Anyway. This Is how my brain works, have a good day. Sigh.

12. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Very level headed post Dean. Sums up my feelings. Meh hire for me. If we end up with Rodgers I hope we are not surrendering too much. If it works out, fine. If it doesn't than I think Saleh is gone as well. I want to believe Saleh and Joe D are not hitching their wagons in somebody they don't believe in.

For me. watch and see. Don't hate the hire, don't like the hire. Meh at best.

papapump, Cman68, barfolomew and 2 others like this.
  13. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Welcome back 3rd and 15 draw!

Fiftynine likes this.
  14. Donttasemebro

Donttasemebro Well-Known Member

IMHO Hiring Hackett is a hail mary attempt to get rodgers. After the seasons rodgers and hackett had this seems likely to go south and if/when it does that will be the end of saleh. Start the rebuild all over again. SOJ

smh

IIMeanDeanII and Jets79 like this.
  15. NOVAJET

16. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

When we are hoisting the VLT next January there will a ton of crow to be eaten!

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  17. twown

twown Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Br4d likes this.
  18. NOVAJET

I won't be eating any of it lol, I'm all in baby! It's time, no more rebuild, the time has come.

19. NOVAJET

Unless I'm wrong lol, but at least we would have tried.

bicketybam likes this.
  20. bleedgreen

bleedgreen Well-Known Member

I'm on record as saying i don't want Rodgers due to the cost, and i have a hard time believing they chose hackett solely cause they think that will get AR. They might be hoping they can pull that off, but they needed an OC with some credibility to bring in a vet. Money talks but i think a vet that has choices also wants a winning team with an OC that knows what he is doing and a chance to go deep in playoffs. Hackett does bring credibility to the position, plus he has worked with young QB before so he might fit with ZW. I see nothing wrong with the selection, the players they get will determine the success of the team. There is plenty of work to be done evaluating current roster, free agents, college bowl games and so on. The new guy needs to be up and runnrs running quickly

Br4d and ColoradoContrails like this.