Nathaniel Hackett hired as OC

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by dawinner127, Jan 26, 2023.

1. HackettSuxTNG

HackettSuxTNG Well-Known Member

Formally sent a name change request to HackettSuxTNG to Petrozza

sozopol, horsehead, papapump and 2 others like this.
  2. HackettSuxTNG

Nope, I certainly did not.

3. Fiftynine

Fiftynine Well-Known Member

Paul Hackett’s son. This fucking organization.

4. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

They could have hired almost anyone else in the world and I would have been happier. His father was god awful. Does Richie Kotite have a son we could put on the staff too?

5. HackettSuxTNG

More like Nightmares

6. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

7. HackettSuxTNG

As if it needed to be STRESSED that Zach Wilson sucks?

Jets79 likes this.
  8. HackettSuxTNG

I have no words. I really don't.

Jets79, Fiftynine and GQMartin like this.
  9. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

not a great move but TBH I really don't think that OC matters all that much - we get a good QB in then the OC will look good, if we don't get a good QB then the OC is going to look bad - I mean Hackett looked great in GB when Rodgers was playing well and awful in Denver as Wilson is playing badly - I doubt that he had much to do with the success of one or the failings of the other

The most worrying thing is that the Jets then give up two first round picks or more to get Rodgers who comes to the Jets, does nothing, or maybe gets us into the playoffs, and then retires after one or two lacklustre years and we are then back to the drawing board with no long term solution at QB and without any draft capital.

If Rodgers was the missing ingredient and managed to get the Jets a SB in that 1-2 year window then I don't care - that will do for me but the chance of it happening feel like a 5-10% chance in that timeframe (if that).

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

All those that hate PH forget that he was married to HE and both wre ultra conservative... I had my issues with PH but least you forget he got us to the AFC Championship game against Pitt. So there is that....

as for this hire, the NFL is littered with coordinators that fail as HC and mr. H is one of them. Now people blame him for RW decline but I am not sure he was totally responsible.... The hawks knew something when he left and his play the last year there was ok but not to his normal standards...so there is that.

in any event, like always, I am hoping for the best and expecting the worst, that is why I am SOJ-AZ, LOL.

Nyjets4eva and burf like this.
  11. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

So he will fit right in I got upset so my wife asked what's wrong. I told her who they hired. So she said great you can start the season with no expectations and you won't be let down.

Jets79 and Brook! like this.
  12. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

Absolutely. How on earth can a 39-year-old QB be worth two first-round picks? He may only play one more year! The Jets will cough up something like a couple of mid-round picks, with escalator clauses if Rodgers meets incentives, such as getting us into the playoffs, starting every game, etc.

I would be shocked and appalled if we gave up even one first-round pick for a player of his age.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

What a tough world, where we can hate the pick solely because of his father. Now there is a hell of a good rational. Taint them all with the same brush. But, truth be known, it would have been lots of criticism here for just about any hire, so there is that.

He sucked as a HC, no denying, as have 90% of those quickly promoted, yet all were outstanding Coordinators. We have plenty of examples to draw from. We have had a few ourselves, as early as Todd and question mark on Saleh, but you can add every freaking coach coming out of the Pat’s organization including the golden OC protege now in Las Vegas. And that just for starters. So is Reich, Quinn and many many others.
    Being a good HC is a world different and more complicated that being a good Coordinator. Very few can make the jump.

I’ll give Hackett every benefit of a doubt, not my first choice, but he has plenty to prove and plenty of experience. If we get a top QB next there will be no excuses for this team. We can not also dismiss our new OL coach, great hire and he was highly recruited by 4 other teams. I’m confident our running game will improve significant with this regime. If Aaron join us, it will put us over the top near term, and we will be a force to reckon with for a change. Forty years of rebuilding have taken a toll on this team. Go for broke.
    Personality issues, not when you are winning, and Aaron worst year is better than the Jets best in like forever. Tell me any RB or WR that wouldn’t love to be in that situation.

14. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Considering the inexperience of our head coach this is a win.

We now have an offensive coordinator with head coaching experience who has been with multiple organizations.

MLF was constantly pounding square pegs into round holes.

In year one he would run two TE sets when we had zero TEs with any talent.

He also had no idea how to develop Zach Wilson.

Let Hackett focus on running the offense any get an experienced QB coach.

Acing free agency and this year's draft will make us dangerous.

15. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

It's actually sadder than that. They think they are making the right moves each time to succeed. Hopefully this time it works.

Jets79 and Fiftynine like this.
  16. burf

burf Well-Known Member

Saleh's Presser...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Jetsfansince95

Jetsfansince95 Well-Known Member

LA wish I could be so optimistic

Jets79 likes this.
  18. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Sounds like Rodgers to me

AtlantaJet likes this.
  19. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

No one bats an eye when a LB is unable to play QB at a high level but people freak tf out when an OC is unable to be a HC at a high level.

SOJAZ and Acad23 like this.
  20. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Get ready for a lot of 3rd and 10 draws folks