2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

12/20/22

Hard to listen to McAfee so I stopped.

2. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

Wilson won't be the starter. I don't think he will even be the backup after what we saw this year.

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  3. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

I agree

4. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I made it to the 15 minute mark. I didn't hear anything offensive. Maybe someone could post some time stamps. I can't do 53 minutes of Pat McAfee.

5. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I agree with you but in response to Carr, he may not have had an elite defense his whole playing career with the Raiders, but he is not good in cold weather and if he has to visit New England and Buffalo in the second half of the season and then play a few games at JetLife stadium, it may become an issue. Jimmy G is too injury prone for my liking.

6. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

I know people are debating/disputing whether D.Carr sucks in the cold, but we should all keep in mind (e.g., even if he just sucks a little in the cold) that, if things go according to plan, our most important games (i.e., playoffs) will be at home in the cold

7. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

The cap is going up significantly in 2024 and 2025 and all our stars are on rookie contracts. We’re good.

8. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

I do have to admit, I know it’s not gonna happen but I really think, after an afternoon of reading about Patriots fans wanting Brady back, I really think it’d be a trip to get him ourselves and watch the Pats fans lose their shit!

9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

10. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Brady is def my #1. Proven winner who doesn’t cost draft capital.

JetFanInNE likes this.
  11. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. JetFanInNE

I mean there’s definitely some things about him I don’t like (like his insistence on having wednesdays off) that I don’t want to see rubbing off on Zach and he’s been less than happy about mentoring young quarterbacks historically but yeah he’s not gonna need top dollar, he won’t require a lengthy contract, he won’t cost us any picks… I guess I can talk myself into it. Plus as a bonus we know he can play in the cold! Gotta figure he’d like the idea of throwing to Elijah and Garrett plus the security blanket of Breece…

KingRoach likes this.
  13. JetsFan

JetsFan Well-Known Member

I want A QB that doesn't cost us draft picks or $40M a year. Forget giving picks for Rogers or Jackson, they can shit the bed like another QB, just ask Denver.
    Guys I would want us to target include:
    Tom Brady - He never costs top $$$
    Derek Carr - If he is CUT
    Jimmy Garoppolo
    Baker Mayfield
    Gardner MInshew
    Taylor Heinicke
    Nick Mullens

BrowningNagle likes this.
  14. NOVAJET

NOVAJET "2020 TGG Fantasy Football Champ"

https://www.si.com/nfl/2023/01/24/aaron-rodgers-trade-packers-jets-offseason

Rodgers is my first choice and it's not close honestly. Brady in a Jets uniform would make me physically ill, Carr, Jimmy G, Minshew... aren't getting us past Burrow, Allen, Mahomes. Even if it's just 2 years we would be in contention for winning the division and possibly a championship. Two consecutive MVP seasons back to back then last year without weapons and playing with an injured thumb. We were 8-3 and the 1 seed in the AFC before Favre got hurt. This is a no brainer perfect fit IMO.

KingRoach and truthbtold like this.
  15. JetFanInNE

I know, it would be terrible to have a durable proven winner at quarterback who won’t cost a fortune that could be used to sign better players! I think we’d all get over it somehow

16. NOVAJET

Yup, sure would. Sorry, we will agree to disagree, I don't ever want Tom Brady in a Jets uniform. Btw if you think he comes here for cheap you are dead wrong.

17. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

You got it right. Basically is either a one year 59 mil dollar deal or two year 108 mil dollar deal. We will end up paying ALL that in CAP space. If Rodgers retires after one year, 59 will basically be split over 3 years. If he retires after two years, 108 will be split across 4 years. But we will end up eating every penny of it in our CAP. Is Aaron worth 59 for one year, or 54 per for two years? Maybe. But there is 0 chance we are giving away two 1st round picks for that. I am not even sure we will give #13 overall. I can see giving maybe a 3d this year and a conditional second next year that can become 1st. Or just a straight up 2024 1st.

dawinner127 and KY Jets Fan like this.
  18. NOVAJET

You are so far off on those cap numbers it's silly. Not sure where that comes from but he is a 15mill cap hit next year and 30+the year after. Easily manageable.

KingRoach likes this.
  19. NOVAJET

If the Packers trade Rodgers post-June 1 (which is the only time that such a trade makes sense for them cap-wise), then it’s up to the acquiring team to pick up the option, which would make Rodgers’s cap hit $15.8 million in 2023 and $32.5 million in 2024.

Copied this from one of many articles stating this.

KingRoach likes this.
  20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The only thing that would motivate Brady to come here would be if he’s pissed at Belichick and wants to stick it to him.

it’s possible he does feel that way and worth a call to check and see