2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

Haven't changed my belief that Carr is the best option given the circumstances.

I doubt Stroud falls to us and I would not take Levis in round 1.

For 2024, I don't see us being bad enough in 2023 to be in the Caleb Williams sweepstakes. Drake Maye has the numbers, but I haven't watched him play, so I have no idea if things are too easy for him.

Red Menace likes this.
  2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Wow he got us to 8-3??!?? Let’s masterbate over it for 20 years

Jets69 likes this.
  3. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its what some fans have to cling to along with 1969, 2010-11 and lest we forget, 7 wins..

BrowningNagle and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  4. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I've almost forgotten what it feels like to have my football team be relevant. This is at least partly because they have so rarely been relevant in the going on 52 years I have been watching them.

5. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

He was playing very well until he got hurt. That was his point. If he didn't tear his bicept the Jets were a super bowl contender. Do you disagree with that? It was a great signing. Unfortunately he got hurt.

6. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Some people just want to be miserable. It's just the way they are. I feel bad for them.

7. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I'm on board for Derek Carr, but I wonder if he'd want to come to NY. It's undeniably a team ready to compete with good QB play and a HC known as a player's coach. But he's a warm weather, west coast guy so it'd be a completely different feel here. Take with a grain of salt as it's an anonymous coach from 2019 when he was playing under Gruden, but wonder if there's any truth. Makes me worried about him in the NY market, but also a great fit for the ever-positive Saleh:
    https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/r...-sensitive-raiders-qb-bashed-nfl-coaches-exec
    “He is sensitive and needs encouragement...,” an offensive coach said to Sando. “When someone shows disappointment in him, he shrinks. The head coach not coming out and completely endorsing him has to be eating him alive."

I'm guessing Brady is going to end up with Vegas and Josh McDaniel if he keeps playing so I can see Carr as a fit for Tampa

I would not be shocked if they made a run at Aaron Rodgers. I don't think he's going back to GB. If they're serious about trying to develop Zach, Aaron Rodgers would be a good one to sit behind. I'd have mixed feelings about Rodgers

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

Out of all the teams that are out there I think the Jets have the best chance in landing Carr. He has said that he really wants a championship. Looking at the possible teams the Jets have the most playoff ready team.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  9. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Liked your post up till you said "playoff ready team" ..

TBH we have one or two stars..and a good D . But thats it

The Coaches are atrocious and GM pretty much a failure

10. JetFanInNE

JetFanInNE Well-Known Member

It’s been SUCH a long offseason!!!

Jesus it’s only been 2 weeks! :(

11. BleedJetsGreen1981

BleedJetsGreen1981 Well-Known Member

I've long had a feeling that the Jets would trade for Aaron Rodgers. I realize his contract is absurdly expensive but, Douglas is a crafty son of a gun and Woody is adamant about spending whatever it takes to bring a championship to New York.

I would be ecstatic with either Rodgers or Carr. Douglas took big swings at Tyreek Hill and Deebo Samuel, third times the charm.

Go Jets.

12. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

if they are truly serious about developing Wilson, Rodgers makes sense. the rapport Wilson had with him seemed legit.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  13. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

That's a little scary to me after I read this article today. I'll link It.

Essentially.

Josh McDaniels Isn't shy about criticizing his players. In front of everyone. A raiders player essentially eludes to the fact that Derek Carr felt hurt by It. Couldn't handle It. Part of the reason for the departure.

I'm not sure this dude can handle the NY market If these reports are true. Yikes.

https://nesn.com/2023/01/raiders-players-explain-what-led-to-derek-carr-josh-mcdaniels-rift/

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

GM is trash >>>he’s such a “crafty son of a gun “ that we are in the present day shit situation

Woody is desperate? Lmao

let’s see if this materializes..sorry

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Why would Woody Johnson make Saleh start Wilson?

16. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I think I agree on this one. Too much reputational risk if that fact leaked out afterwards and these things tend to leak sooner or later.

Saleh will be trying to get another HC job at some point and the interview process is likely going to include the question "what did you learn from your experience with Zach Wilson?"

He'll be circumspect in that situation since he won't want to look like a guy who blames higher ups but he's likely to indicate in some way that he was not completely in control of the process and that will get interpreted as "I was told to put him on the field and I did."

17. Jets-N-Terps

Jets-N-Terps Well-Known Member

I hate it, but I agree with you. This team has an absolute shit show for a quarterback room.
    Until they get that fixed, a .500 record is our ceiling.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Rodgers is a no go for me. Maybe we are a playoff team with him, but his salary is a cap wrecker and he is pretty flaky at times.

Even if we had Rodgers and make the playoffs, we are not championship caliber and he will only get worse over the next couple of seasons.

We need a guy who doesnt wreck the cap and who can grow with the team and be ready a couple of years down the road to compete for a title.

Carr is the best likely to be available option out there to be that guy.

We need to pay the price and just get this guy and stop f...ning around.

19. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

His relationship with the media would be essential to delve into. On the other hand, Saleh seems like just the right coach for him

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  20. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

Carr is going to be an absolute failure here. Please go visit a Raider board. It’s incredible how you can’t find a fan who wants him back