KO's dept. in 2007 : NO nugent ? ? ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by kelly, Jan 8, 2007.

1. nyscene911

nyscene911 Active Member

2. cass2005

cass2005 New Member

Please show me what part of my arguments turned it into a street fight after 4th period. Show me where I used any language that will get me banned? For the record, I never argued that Nugent's kickoffs were long. I argued that hang time is extremely important (nuge averages 3.75-3.8) and that the average starting position was consistent with the league average. Your stats that were so conveniently posted prove my point. The kickers with the longest average kickoff also have some of the longest average returns. Thus, the average starting position is similar when you compare nuge's average return of 21.2 (9th in the league).

So again, you have managed to a. call the poster unintelligent and b. offer facts that don't prove your point. Your stats aren't only mislabeled they are misleading. You attempt to manipulate every stat in your favor and it takes me about three seconds to demonstrate your ignorance. I'm not sure who you think you are fooling but the majority of people that read this board are far smarter than that.

You are correct. You have every right to want Nugent gone. You explicitly stated that you don't have to have a reason for anything. When in doubt just cross you arms and say "I'm right and you're wrong because I said so". I guess it's a debating technique I haven't learned yet...but as you pointed out debating is not my strong suit. I should have known that offering stats, analysis, and defeating every one of your counterarguments until you state "i don't have to have a reason for what i believe" demonstrates that I am just awful at debating...

3. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Ok, that's just plain nutty.

4. AlioTheFool

AlioTheFool Spiveymaniac

Yeah I know Dino, I was hoping this guy would just get tired and let it go already. I could sit and fight about this all day but I've moved on. He can post what he likes from this point forward.

I want Nuge gone, period, end of story.

5. KOWIE

KOWIE Active Member

its the content thats got the meter going off....(paraphrasing now) "ive been at every game, and watched each KO and noted the hangtime, and yardage"....sounds a little hokey to me. im not saying youre lying, because, really....what do i know about you? nothing...just sounds odd is all.

and the point about you attacking alio....dude, its an internet MB....is there really a reason to be a dick when youre discussing different points of view, or subjects you have knowledge about? whats the point in being belligerant? that is unless youre doing it just to be an asshole, and in that case, theres no reason to even HAVE a real debate/discussion with you. i can see being a dick to joke around....but to attack someone over what your/their point is....thats just childish and sort of makes you look like an asshole.

to quote phil drummond....it takes different strokes...

6. Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special New Member

BTW, one of the 2 Jets touchbacks was kicked from the 45 yd line, making it nearly impossible even for a noodle leg kicker like Nuuuugggee to not get a touchback.

7. Lil Bit Special

Lil Bit Special New Member

Nugents numbers this year

Here is some numbers for nugent this year. I did not include kickoffs that were: onside kicks, squib, out of bounds or not from the 30. Using these would have skewed the numbers and not give a real representation of what nugent did.

Here we go
    GL-Endzone> 12 kicks 24.73 return avg 23.92 start avg.

1-5 yd line> 20 kicks 24.3 return avg 27.00 start avg.

6-10 yd line> 18 kicks 20.67 return avg 28.61 start avg.

11-15 yd line> 12 kicks 22.17 return avg 34.08 start avg

16-20 yd line> 8 kicks 16.25 return avg 33.5 start avg

20 yd line +> 2 kicks 7.5 return avg 35 start avg.

Overall, return avg was 21.70 and start avg was 29.01

One thing to point out is the Jets had no kicks returned for a TD or to their side of the field. Worst starting spot was the 44. Best was 9 yd line.

22 of 72 kicks were outside of the 10 yd line.

8. Long & Winding Rhode

there were a couple of games there when nugent's KOs were better, but they began to suck again toward the end of the season.

i would be all in favor of teaching graham how to kick off. plus, i'd love seeing him fly down the field and level an opposing return guy...

9. BakerMaker

BakerMaker Well-Known Member

If Graham starts to kick it, then we may be seeing a few ''illegal procedures'' in 07 IMO.

10. Hobbes3259

Hobbes3259 Well-Known Member

?????

He was perfect from 40+, and 2 of 3 from plus 50....

And on kick offs his stat line was identical to former Jet John Hall, to whom he gives away about 6'inches and 60 lbs in terms of body size. And Hall was considered to have a pretty fair Leg coming out. (though that was years ago...)..

I think if Nugent spends a good off season developing his leg stregnth, he will get from 39+ net avg ydg, to the 43-44 yard average which would put him in the upper tier of Kickers in terms of Kicking off.