Mortgage the future!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Jan 15, 2023.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Broncos did this and look where it got them.

2. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Or just change teams, and start following one that is competitive and entertaining. That’s another way to not let this crap ruin your life. That’s where I’m at. Next year when this team fails to make the playoffs, the beg reset will start over again. Then fans will wait 3-5 years for a chance to be good again. It’s almost over for this regime

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

No way. Our trajectory right now is 2-8 and puts us in the AFC East cellar next year.

The Jets need to fix OL, QB and possibly RB depending on how Breece Hall recovers from his ACL.

NYJetsO12, mr nyjet and Cman68 like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

5. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don’t even know what that means. We’re only playing ten games?

PJ4Ever, dawinner127 and bicketybam like this.
  6. KingRoach

KingRoach Well-Known Member

Can we merge this and the Lamar Jackson thread…. But keep this title

7. Jojo

Jojo Well-Known Member

HOW??.. We have NO starting QB, OL in major need of repair. Until the dust settles and the pieces are in place , our trajectory is certainly in limbo...

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I’m not too sure about McDaniels. It’s not like he took over a shit team and turned things around. They had the same record as last year. Daboll was a big miss. I wasn’t high on him but I was dead wrong:

JETFUEL1580 likes this.
  9. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Might be right on McDaniels, but offensively we would have been a lot better.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

We already know that the short cut method does not work, while doing real damage long term , now, both on the draft and the salary cap.

Google the term: George Allen and the over-the-hill gang

Or this Vince Lombardi quote: " how can i expect to beat you with guys who weren't good enough for your team?"

#30 mr nyjet, Jan 17, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 17, 2023
  11. mr nyjet

Daboll and MC Carthy were both in the building, but Woody did not hire tham.

just like Gettlemen drafted the right players but Mara hired the wrong coaches, before, especially the same mistake we made , from Hoodie's assistants.

at least we finally got the GM right, given he had previous experience in Phiily and Baltimore under Roseman and Newsome.

Still , Woody and his brother hired Coaches, only getting Rex right, recently.

RESULTS count, the rest is just Hot Air! Rex got results.....

12. KingRoach

No way our trajectory right now is 2-8!! The Pats is in the AFC East cellar next year.

The Jets, still after 10 years +, need to fix OL, QB and possibly RB depending on how Breece Hall recovers from his ACL

but anyone who can’t see this is a better team stocked with young talent, doesn’t know football.

PJ4Ever and cmcm750203 like this.
  13. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Don’t forget having to fix LB for at least 20. It amazes me that we have hired almost solely defensive coaches for all of woody’s ownership and played twice a year against a team that killed us over the middle forever with guys like welker, woodheaf, Edelman, Gronkowski, murderer and yet somehow we always ignored LBs and safeties.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. mr nyjet

don't forget that Kraft will make sure their OC problem is rectified, whether he shells out $$$ for the return of BIll O'Brian,

or a pivot to the Shanahan west coast offense, which even the Hoodie admits gives him game planning fits.

Given that he still holds a grudge aginst the Jets from SB3 ( he lived in Annapolis and was ardent Colts fan),

i don't put it past him to look at either Gase or MLF.

cmcm750203 likes this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I’m not completely sold that we will make the playoffs next year. The Giants this year, Rams in 2017, Eagles somewhat in 2017, and other examples that I don’t feel like digging up prove that the one-year rebuild is possible. It just takes a QB and coach.

But our trajectory is certainly towards the playoffs following the Cardinal mold under Kingsbury and Jaguars (back to back number one picks give them the benefit of it being a multi-year rebuild).

JETFUEL1580 and HomeoftheJets like this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We're not going to get a bunch of cheap wins against backup QBs next year, so unless our QB play is much better, we're going to finish in last again. Of course, better QB play shouldn't be too hard to get, but that relies on competent people running the show so...

17. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Very interesting take, and I actually see your point completely. We need to get a capable QB in here to have any chance.

18. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Feels like the Jets have always had solid LB since I’ve been a fan (mid to late 90s)

KingRoach and JETFUEL1580 like this.
  19. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

We've got irrational Jets Fan Fever breaking out all over the place. That always leads to disappointment and frustration.

The facts this year were that the Jets caught almost all the breaks on the schedule and early luck and opposing QB's being out and yet we still collapsed at the end with all those early gifts squandered.

Anybody who thinks this team is trending up just wasn't watching what was happening out there on the field this season.

20. KingRoach

You must have been very uncomfortable when the Jets put together some wins this year.

bicketybam likes this.