Mortgage the future!!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by RevisIsland18, Jan 15, 2023.

1. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

Jets need to do whatever they can to bring in Sean Payton or harbaugh. I’m so sick of being little brother to the giants, them going to the playoffs, moving on to the next round. I want that for the jets even if it’s for 2-3 years. I’m so tired for being done in Jan, being laughed at, listening how giants are going to sb, blah blah blah. Fuck the draft picks, jets haven’t gone anywhere with hording them. Trade them away, get a good coach and qb in here. Screw the future, try to win NOW!!!!!!

For those who’ll laugh at me, please tell me how jets drafts have done anything for this team?!? For you older fans, you aren’t tired of constantly losing and team being shit??

I want to win now!!!!!

NYJetsO12 and Jets1035 like this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Our trajectory puts us in the playoffs next year dude. Chill.

3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Strong thread

BleedJetsGreen1981 and KingRoach like this.
  4. RevisIsland18

RevisIsland18 Well-Known Member

great input

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  5. Jets1035

Jets1035 Active Member

Really? Who is aiming that cannon? Lol. No QB, and having to replace the whole offensive staff. Next year doesn’t look promising at all. I’d be surprised if we don’t have the same record as last year, and the whole CS is fired. We are 3-5 years away from a playoff spot

NYJetsO12, SOJAZ and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  6. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The Giants did it in one year, and with a QB that everyone had written off as a bust, and basically no offensive weapons except Barkley. We have a number of weapons, plus we'll have AVT back next year. If the new OC works out, we can either get one of the vet QBs on the market, or who knows? Maybe they develop Wilson. Maybe White takes the next step. There's no excuse for this team to be 3 to 5 years away from the playoffs. We nearly made it this year. With improvements, there's absolutely no reason they can't make it next year.

7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I don't have faith that this will all work out now. Mistakes have been made, In several ways, I just think It's a matter of time.

Guess we shall see.

8. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

Well in retrospect we could have waited one more year and had either Daboll or McDaniels both are an upgrade over Bobby Saleh.

9. JdotGriff

JdotGriff Well-Known Member

Did you see our rookies this year?.....

The Hall injury derailed the offense a bit but Even a game-managing QB and One less Oline injury (AVT) and I'm pretty confident we were in the playoffs.

PJ4Ever and mr nyjet like this.
  10. JETFUEL1580

JETFUEL1580 Well-Known Member

In all seriousness we just need to get our QB situation fixed, and key guys stay some what healthy and we're fine. A lot of talent on this roster, just need consistency on both sides.

Red Menace likes this.
  11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

And the NFC sucks so bad this year that the Giants have a legit shot at going to Super Bowl.
    I have been saying that the Vikings and Eagles all year have been over rated based and records inflated from their schedules.
    I think SF is legit but with Purdy at qb, at some point the rook may just put up a stinker.

mr nyjet and SOJAZ like this.
  12. CaptainCap

CaptainCap Well-Known Member

We've made a lot of progress. Remember our defense just two short seasons ago, it was the worst in the NFL. This past draft was considered one of the best in the league. The Jets are in one of the most competitive divisions in football. No easy wins in the AFC East. More work to do on Offensive line and deeper roster depth to cover injuries.

mr nyjet likes this.
  13. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Dude, even after 56 years I know we have a talented roster. Look at CC and others who have maybe more time then me but we believe... we may disagree on ZW but for the most part, we and others believe we are better.

I am, and I am sure, that most of the posters are disappointed in how the season played out but "if" we 1) get a OC that has a clue and can scheme for his players strengths coupled with designing game plays that vary (how unique, hun), 2) Add depth to OL (draft at least two OL players this year) and hope the becton and others come back and can play, 3) sign a comptent veteran QB and let ZW sit and learn (or trade his ass if possible) 4) Let sherwood (I think) to play MLB and cut Mosley and QW and used the savings to sign younger faster LB, 4) bench players when they fail to perfom, 5) Sign QW now.

Just a few suggestions... but we have the talent to be PO team and lack QB that is consistent and comptent to execute the plays called.

mr nyjet, LAJet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  14. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

The Giants had about average QB play. If the Jets had that, they would have had a better record than the Giants.

15. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

And player their cupcake schedule.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Our LB's are the weak link in the defense and they're mostly responsible for allowing 3rd down conversions. They're rarely if ever at the point of attack and by the time they make a tackle, yards have already been gained.

17. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

bicketybam likes this.
  18. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

i would really like to not see Joyner again back there at safety either

mr nyjet and Cman68 like this.
  19. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Don’t take it so seriously.
    It’s a game and there are way more important things in life.
    And yes I did not get that when I was in my 20’s 30’s and early 40’s
    I used to let this team ruin my life. It’s not worth it to me anymore. I am still a fan but I don’t get to high or to low.
    my life is 1000 times better now.