2023 Jets QB

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by blackssmagic, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

no argument from me…I’d hesitate to trade also because I think they will have to just release him

Nyjets4eva and Borat like this.
  2. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

i might be the only one but I actually think Woody likes JD and what he’s done so far especially after taking over for the shit show we had prior with no skill players. We have upgraded some and I think he would give him another chance at picking a QB. I don’t think Saleh would make it past one more year if there isn’t a drastic turnaround on the Offense

JetFanInNE and Borat like this.
  3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Look at the names that are getting thrown around for OC, now imagine who would be willing to sign up for the head coaching job after another year of losing if somehow Douglas hasn't gotten fired? We'd be interviewing Hue Jackson, Matt Rhule, and Nathaniel Hackett.

IIMeanDeanII and Since1969 like this.
  4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

Can Zack Wilson activate His clutch gene like Trevor Lawrence did ?

The Dark Knight likes this.
  5. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I wish. He can do the 4 interception part, but rallying his team has been tough for him. Last night was a good lesson of why I said the Jets needed to let Zach throw it. Don't be afraid to make mistakes. You can overcome a couple INT's. Maybe not 4, but a couple. Just allow your good plays to outweigh your bad ones. He still can't do that yet.

Trevor played terrible in the first half last night, but he wouldn't let that rattle him. Zach throws one bad pass and his brain is done for the day. It truly is a mental thing with QB's.

6. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

That's the concern I have - mental issues are much harder to fix that physical/mechanical ones. You want someone with ice in his veins, especially when it is crunch time.

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

couldn't agree more.... If they hire Greg Olson which I truly hope they do, then maybe we can salvage ZW but its a BIG ask.

Borat likes this.
  8. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Yeah, Zach will likely never be what we hoped or anywhere near it, but if he is to claw his way up, a guy like Olson will give him the support he needs and Zach may have a better shot.

9. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Gotta disagree on this one.

a lot is about egos. I say trade for him and show him the love.

only way he goes FA is if he thinks he can get a bigger contract on the open market, so a trade might also be better in that respect.

If he is the #1 target, for heavens sake, just go get him and don’t screw around.

10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any way he gets a better contract on the open market. But he does have a no trade clause and we are the Jets. I'm not sure he would want to play here.

Nyjets4eva and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  11. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I don’t agree especially when we hired JD it was said that he has a lot of respect around the league because of the teams he came from and guys he learned under so I don’t think that would be true. Money also talks

12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The NFL media is a giant poker table. You can't take anything they say seriously.

Br4d likes this.
  13. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I just don't quite see how this will work - getting him for 3d rounder or higher. The reports are already out there that the Raiders will release Carr if they can't find a trade partner, and Carr has a no trade clause. Now, put yourself in Carr's shoes. Any trade he accepts now weakens his new team. And it's not like he wants to do Raiders any favors after they unceremoniously benched him. So, all he has to do literally is nothing, and he will have a choice of where he wants to go, his new team does not have to give away any capital, which helps their winning chances, and he can have multiple suitors bid on him and increase his price. Unless he specifically wants to come to the Jets and the Jets will only give up negligible capital, even from Carr's perspective it makes no sense.

A 5th round or later pick to get him sooner, maybe help with OC search if Carr only wants to be here and waives the no trade clause - perhaps I can see how all parties could come to an agreement. But it just seems like most likely scenario for Carr is just to get waived, then pick from multiple suitors, who will bid for his services and drive up his price too, plus keep the assets to help him win.

14. Jeff M

Jeff M Well-Known Member

Now if Carr is not the clear #1 choice then I get what you are saying and I would agree. Play it out and if, eg, Garappolo is an equal choice then probably we can get one or the other.

However, if the staff has identified Carr as the guy, it is just shear madness to screw around if you can execute a trade & get it done.

This board would blow sky high if we got greedy and for whatever reason Carr ended up elsewhere.

The value of a # 3 or even a #2 pick compared to getting your target at QB is negligible.

15. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Probably gonna be Carr right

in some ways he is perfect. He has had a masterclass in dealing with a dysfunctional organization and he will need some of that on-the-job experience here

I just don’t know how good he really is

16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

I could see why we might want to get him sooner - if he is our #1 choice, so that others won't get to bid on him as a FA and we ensure he goes to us, but as I said he has a no trade clause. It does not make sense from Carr's perspective to have his new team give up good assets and on top of that limit Carr's own choices, which he would have as a FA just a month later!

17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Well... he's got a career 91.8 Qbr and a 65% completion ratio.

For comparison sake... Flacco has a 84 QBR w/ a 62% comp. ratio. and a lot more ints.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

If the Jets go with Carr they need to be planning a strong rushing attack.

Have to be able to win games in below 40 degrees.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  19. DetroitRed

DetroitRed Well-Known Member

20. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

That wasn’t the issue. Acknowledging and being contrite that you sucked and instilling the charisma and motivation with your teammates throughout it all was the issue.

If he did Saleh would have stuck with him.

The Dark Knight likes this.