Where's the credit for Woody?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJ1970, Jan 12, 2023.

1. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

You know who you are. All you people that want to shit on Woody at every turn. Where's the love for Woody when apparently he does something right? Something that apparently the Jets masses wanted to see happen. There haven't been many Jets fans that I've spoken to this season that didn't want MLF to get fired. Everyone even complained that Saleh wouldn't fire one of his close friends. So now Woody steps in and does what the majority of Jets fans WANTED and all you hear is crickets about him doing the right thing. Just as much as it was hard and embarrassing for Saleh and Douglas to swallow their pride and bench Zach their 2nd overall pick, Woody deserves credit for forcing the right thing to happen. Because the fact is I doubt without Woodys pressure, that Saleh fires MLF......

AJW, KingRoach, IDFjet and 6 others like this.
  2. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I don’t hate Woody like other posters on this board do. I’m glad we have an owner who spends money. It’s not like he hasn’t tried to make jets better, it just hasn’t worked out for him.

I will also admit I wanted MLF gone since I saw his play calling last year. You can check my posts, I said it after watching couple games last year, he was a pass happy OC that does not believe in a balanced offense and put too much on Wilson since the beginning.

Saleh preached a run first team to take pressure off Wilson, Lafleur abandoned that from day one.

#2 Red Menace, Jan 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2023
    NYJ1970 and Nyjets4eva like this.
  3. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

I agree I do wish he would sell as the fortunes might then turn in our favor. But he has tried hard for years and it’s just not working. It’s not for a lack of resources or anything

Red Menace likes this.
  4. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I do credit Woody for doing what had to be done. Saleh would never would have made the move.

That being said, I do think that Woody is pretty much a middle of the pack owner. Not a real jerk, but nonetheless not an asset either. Woody cares about two things, money and being on the local sports pages praising the Jets.

We shall see how much he really cares by opening his wallet. No more rookie coaches or quarterbacks. We shall see.

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Can we still hate Chris Johnson?

6. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Woody isn't the worst but he isn't all that good either. Would be nice go just not have dysfunction with the franchise in the past 25 years

7. coloradojet

coloradojet Active Member

If Saleh didn"t want to fire his OC and Woody made him do it what does that say about Saleh? That he is stubborn, doesn't recognize a problem and what the remedy is or if he knows what the remedy is he doesn't follow through?

8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Are the people who called for MLF to be fired the same ones shitting on Woody for firing him? I'd look into that before starting an attack thread.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  9. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

It's like people forgot about Leon Hess.

RPOZ51 and Borat like this.
  10. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

Woody is a bad owner that doesn't know football

cmcm750203 and NYJetsO12 like this.
  11. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

Do we know for sure that this was something that Woody ordered, or are we relying on the Twitter posts from the past week telling us that Woody was pissed and wanted someone's head on a platter?

If Woody ordered this, I'm not sure it's great news, even if you agree with Woody's decision. An owner has to trust his GM and HC. If he doesn't trust them to make the call on coordinators and assistant coaches, then he needs to get a new GM and HC. Having the owner dictate football decisions doesn't usually work out well in the long run.

#11 Since1969, Jan 12, 2023
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2023
  12. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I think people are really nervous about what he's gonna do next. A lot of folks remember the Kotite fiasco the last time a Jet owner went off. His brother sucks period. Chris Johnson was and most likely still is a moron. Woody isn't a football savant but he does sign the checks which gives him the ultimate trump card.

13. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Woody Johnson can eat a bag of dicks

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

14. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Kotite was a Leon Hess move, the bumbling fool. He makes Woody look like a football savant.

15. burf

burf Well-Known Member

I don't understand why everyone thinks it was Woody, who instigated MLFs departure?
    I've seen as many reports that JD wanted MLF jettisoned.
    And even today, Saleh said it was his decision.
    My point, everything is conjecture, from the beat on down to twitter.
    Only those in the room know who did what.
    Whoever did it... kudos for doing the obvious!

Check the Jets section on the below link, & all the different takes...

---> https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-notes-bills-tua-tagovailoa-dolphins-mike-lafleur-jets-patriots/

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Woody gets credit when he replaces him with an offensive coordinator that makes the offense look better than a bunch of grown man humping a football.

17. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Woody gave Jet Season Ticket Holders the massive PSL Personal Seat License SHAFT!!!

The act that basically disenfranchised thousands of loyal fans who would not or could not pay the ridiculous fees. The fan base suffered mightily.

Not letting this schmuck off the hook for cleaning house on the shitty Offense management. That was a business decision Nero would do.

Throw some red meat to the folks in the coliseum. Maybe he can salvage some STH.

This fucking team is CLUELESS!!! TOP TO BOTTOM!!!!

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  18. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

In one sitting.

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I give Woody credit for holding the horrendous offense accountable, but like I said in the other thread, it is who replaces MLF that matters. Don't throw a parade just yet!

Cman68 likes this.
  20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

I was on a Season Ticket waiting list for about 10 years.
    The Kotite shit show was really what expedited it, I think the estimate was 15-20 when I signed up.

Sucks I waited that long, was able to have tickets for I think 9 seasons before refusing to buy the PSL.

stinkyB likes this.