What's the one game we really blew?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by bicketybam, Jan 10, 2023.

1. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

Its the Lions for sure. Not only did we give up that back breaking TD at the end, but we also gave up our second punt return TD in five games. Then of course there was our coach being literally one second away from running out of time with two timeouts left in his pocket ... leaving us with a 59 yard prayer instead of a makeable game winning / season saving kick. Just BRUTAL.

2. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

This is actually a good thread and a reason I would have been optimistic with a new coaching staff for 2023, because the answer is ALOT.

-BOTH Patriots games.
    -Vikings
    -Bills
    -Lions
    -Jaguars
    -Seahawks
    -Dolphins

That is 8 games that the team realistically could have won. The 2 I think they were outplayed and outmatched was Baltimore and Cincinnati.

The one game the Jets BLEW was Minnesota. It was in their hands so many times, and they couldn't get it done. Obviously the Lions game and Patriots game in New England were completely blown too. Just take those 3 and you go from (7-10) to (10-7). Put an actually functioning offense in against Miami and it is (11-6).

So you can see why many Jets fans are furious with this season's outcome.

truthbtold and ColoradoContrails like this.
  3. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

The Jets really blew during the Jags and the Fins games. They sorta kinda blew during most of the other ones.

PJ4Ever likes this.
  4. Nyjets4eva

Nyjets4eva Well-Known Member

Pats game easy because JFm took away a pick 6 from Carter that would of put us up real nice going into the half. Instead penalty gives them points and they come out the half playing like shit changed the entire momentum of that game

red75bronco and JetsNation06 like this.
  5. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The first Pats game. About to go up 17-3 and rip Mac Jones' heart out for good right before halftime. Besides the Breece Hall injury, this was the one play this entire season where I said to myself we would come up short of the playoffs yet again.

Nyjets4eva likes this.
  6. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

There were a bunch. We're all upset about this season, but it's WAY better than the 2021 season. The Jets were in almost every game in the 4th quarter. Maybe there were 2 semi-blowouts. Compare that to 2021 when the game was over at half-time on many occasions.

NY Jets68 likes this.
  7. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Team gave up after the Lions game. The Seattle and Jax games weren’t close.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  8. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The second game against the Pats stands out for me. There were plays to be made that weren't on offense while our D held them to 3 points.

9. Losmeister

Losmeister Well-Known Member

can only BLOW a game you are winning and can't close...

bicketybam likes this.
  10. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

People act like Berrios was wide open in the Minnesota game and the ball went through his hand and hit him in the facemask.

There is a much greater chance of keeping Detroit out of the end zone in the final 2 minutes than Berrios catching that ball. We had the lead. We had two minutes to keep the Lions from scoring a TD. Not even close in my book.

11. NYJ1970

NYJ1970 Well-Known Member

There isn't just one there's 4 that I can think of. Both NE games Detroit and Jacksonville.....

12. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

Which one were we closest to actually winning?