Zach Wilson - MERGED (All Zach Threads will be merged here)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Dec 22, 2022.

1. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

2. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

why did my quote come up twice? I'm asking because its happened to me several times too...

PJ4Ever likes this.
  3. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Idk strange

4. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

With one of the most talented QB ever and an incredible Cowboys roster. Glad we didn’t get him.

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Delerium tremens?

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

I think he stays. Time will tell.

Definitely not. I hope he improves this off-season and gets a long with the new OC, then eventually earns the starting job. That would be best case scenario for the Jets. They can't bank on that though. They have to have a solid veteran join the roster.

A Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson scenario would be great. Sign a vet to start, but Wilson outplays him. That should be the only way Wilson sees the field in 2023, barring injury. (and I would love it)

chandler and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

At this point, Zach Wilson should be treated like he was drafted at whatever his trade value would be. So if he's worth a 5th rounder (which is probably what he's worth), then he should be treated like he was drafted in the 5th round. Which means he can stay on the roster and try to get better, but nothing the Jets do this offseason should even consider the possibility of him being the starter next year. So if you're going to go with Minshew or someone like that, you should only do it if you would go with Minshew if Zach didn't exist.

8. The Dark Knight

Yeah, I agree, that is why I said that Matt Flynn/Russell Wilson scenario. Good question on what Zach's worth is right now too. Truly hard to know since 2022 was such a disaster.

9. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Zach will get every chance to be the starter.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I think that's going to depend on how they view his off season work, and then OTAs, TC, etc.

11. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I think Woody is behind the MLF firing. It’s much cheaper to fire an entire offensive staff and hope the new crew turns the light on for Zach than it is to sign some big game QB. I think we’re gonna see a guy like Brissett or Minshew brought in. Guys that can lose the faux competition in camp with Zach gracefully, and then come in and sweep up when Zach falls on his face again.

BrooklynJetsFan likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Like I said every chance

13. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Also cheaper than firing a head coach after two years.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I don't think it will be a faux competition. You have to believe that Saleh and Douglas value their jobs and if they hand the job to ZW again and he fails they're all gone at the end of the season.

15. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

Being honest I think Woody is holding them all accountable for Zach. I think their careers are tied to Zach, frankly as they should be.

16. Br4d

That's unfortunate if true because Zach does not have the ability to play at the NFL level. We're starting over again in 2024.

CotcheryFan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  17. NJJets

NJJets Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly. But when you put the pieces together Woody is friends with Zach’s uncle and probably has business ties with him, JD and Saleh drafted Zach at 2 overall and committed Woody’s money and team with that pick, so I think Woody is saying to them they have to live or die by that. I don’t think Woody wants to financially commit to a big name QB.

18. Br4d

We'll see what Douglas does when the new league year opens. If he's interested in a veteran QB he'll probably act sooner rather than later to avoid having the options plucked by other teams.

It's too bad Doug Pederson went for the Jags last year. He'd be the perfect hire to try to salvage Douglas master plan.

JohnnyJet and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. bicketybam

bicketybam Well-Known Member

You keep making the claim that Woody is friends with David Neeleman (who currently has nothing to do with JetBlue Airways.) What is the basis for this claim? And what is the basis for the claim that "[Woody Johnson] probably has business ties with him?"

20. The Dark Knight

He was available when the Jets were hiring. Douglas went with Saleh instead. Might have been due to the heat he got when he tanked the final game for the Eagles. Not sure. He looks like he can still coach to me.

JohnnyJet and Br4d like this.